• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not 1 room when we're going?

Metalfan

Mouseketeer
So, am I missing something or is Disney severely restricting what is sold on the website? Do we have to call? We have been planning on going to Disney from November 9th-14th before our cruise and we looked on the website and not 1 room is available? Is there something going on? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just am confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Busy time. From a similar thread this week with a similar observation about limited early November availability:

11/4 - Wine & Dine 5k
11/5 - Wine & Dine 10k
11/6 - Wine & Dine Half Marathon
11/8 - Election Day, some schools off
11/8 - First MVMCP
11/10-11/11 - NJEA Convention (NJ schools closed, affectionately called “Jersey Week”)
11/11 - Veteran's Day, holiday for some
Wine & Dine Festival ongoing through 11/19 (arguably one of the more popular times for the festival given the runD races, best temperatures of the year to enjoy the festival, etc)

Busy time. From a similar thread this week with a similar observation about limited early November availability:

11/4 - Wine & Dine 5k
11/5 - Wine & Dine 10k
11/6 - Wine & Dine Half Marathon
11/8 - Election Day, some schools off
11/8 - First MVMCP
11/10-11/11 - NJEA Convention (NJ schools closed, affectionately called “Jersey Week”)
11/11 - Veteran's Day, holiday for some
Wine & Dine Festival ongoing through 11/19 (arguably one of the more popular times for the festival given the runD races, best temperatures of the year to enjoy the festival, etc)
Interesting. We might have to adjust some things.

Honestly, I was just messing around on the website and I feel like something has to be off because even the deluxe villas and campsites are sold out. I feel like the number of people that are like “eff it, I have to be there this exact week so I’m willing to pitch a tent” have got to be relatively few, no? I’d call to make sure if I were you.

It's election day that week, which makes it a 'jersey week' too (3 days off for kids), Swolphin is having their food and wine event, previously mentioned disney food and wine events, veterans day holiday ... busy busy week.

You could always call Dreams Unlimited and talk to an agent about possibilities. It won't cost you a thing and they will likely have some helpful insights.

Did you just book the cruise? It doesn't help now, of course, but booking a room at WDW is something I try to do as far out as possible. If you are looking for a deal you can always cancel prior reservations.

I agree with Pickles. Someone posted this about a one or two night stay last week, and I got curious and started messing around. For a few hours, I got nothing. Then later that day, about 5 things popped up. And when I shifted dates by a day, even more showed up. I’d try first thing tomorrow, and maybe even shift arrival by a day just to see.

That said, I do think that week is going to be nuts. DH and I will be there the weekend before you after we attend a convention, and after some of these posts, I’ve been very happy I booked our room months ago!

Honestly, I was just messing around on the website and I feel like something has to be off because even the deluxe villas and campsites are sold out. I feel like the number of people that are like “eff it, I have to be there this exact week so I’m willing to pitch a tent” have got to be relatively few, no? I’d call to make sure if I were you.

The campsites book up pretty far in advance, so I'm not sure I'd use them as an example.

November and December have been really busy the past couple years at least and do book up pretty far out. I've had people want to go during that time and if they didn't book far enough ahead, they usually end up in a good neighbor hotel.

The campsites book up pretty far in advance, so I'm not sure I'd use them as an example.

November and December have been really busy the past couple years at least and do book up pretty far out. I've had people want to go during that time and if they didn't book far enough ahead, they usually end up in a good neighbor hotel.
I’m no expert for sure, so what may seem logical to me may not mesh with the reality of the situation.

So, am I missing something or is Disney severely restricting what is sold on the website? Do we have to call? We have been planning on going to Disney from November 9th-14th before our cruise and we looked on the website and not 1 room is available? Is there something going on? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just am confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Don’t know if this helps, but there’s a dedicated DVC reservation available here for those dates:
https://dvcrequest.com/bookings/rebook/10020672

Don’t know if this helps, but there’s a dedicated DVC reservation available here for those dates:

Edit: sorry, it was actually the week before. They have the 9th to the 16th if that helps at all:
https://dvcrequest.com/bookings/rebook/10020442

We're going the same time (9-18 November) and it says resorts available from the 12-18 but when I go to select it says it cannot add the selection to the cart. Trying for the whole of our trip yields nothing available. I'd been holding out waiting for the fall discount to come on but when I saw this thread, started to panic. I've been checking every day and was thinking the system was being glitchy as even when I try for only 1 night on the 10th, every resort says unavailable which I didn't think was possible. Should I call tomorrow?

I would keep checking every day or try calling. The resorts have been more crowded than ever (even during slower times) this past year. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter