Not a DVC owner but want to trade my Hawaii timeshare for DVC points.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

livinglighthouse

Earning My Ears
Okay I've learned a little more about how this work since I posted originally this morning so just want to say I have one week this year and one week next year that I would like to trade for DVC points Oct 25th week and Nov 1st week in 2004. My home resort is Embassy Suites in Maui, 1 bedroom unit. Since this isn't an exchange through the exchange company if you use the weeks in its original year there is no exchange cost....at least on my end. I need both weeks for next year so I'm not sure if there is a fee for a banked week or not through DVC. So I guess that is what I'm looking for.......
I hope I'm not out of line here but am wondering if this is a possibility. We own at Embassy Suites in Maui. We also are members of RCI to trade. BUT, we would really like to stay on Disney property next year when we visit so I'm curious about trading out time. We have 2 open weeks in Maui and want to go to WDW in Oct/Nov next year. Is this possible? If I trade through RCI I can't get a Disney property and I have to pay an exchange fee.......if I traded maybe someone with DVC could save exchange fees (I"m assuming you have those) and can go anytime to Hawaii. Well its worth a try to ask!

First of all, pop over to the Rent/Trade board and ask there - you might get a taker.

Second, start early. Believe it or not, that late October/early November time is VERY popular with DVC because of low points and Food & Wine Fest. (Sold out or close to it for this year). You need to get at someone's 11 month window, so you won't be shut out.

Hi livinglighthouse. I am going to move this post to our Rent Trade Board. Hopefully you will find someone there.

What is the RCI resort #?

You say you have a week this year and one for next year. Is this a fixed or floating week? If fixed, what week number is it?

Have either of them been deposited to RCI?

What is the possibility of getting back to back weeks in 2004 in your unit?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not clear on what you're offering. But I may be interested.....

Thanks!
ckr_nc

I'm not sure the RCI # but here is the website for my resort, the Embassy Suites in Kaanapali Beach Maui. http://www.mauiembassy.com. I own a one bedroom that will sleep 4 adults or 5 with children. I have floating years so its not a specific week. Neither have been deposited yet as I wanted to see about avoiding some of the exchange fees if someone wanted to use them this year and next year. If I bank them, then yes you could do back to back weeks or rent 2 rooms for one week.......we just did that this February for my inlaws while we were there with them. Hope that helps......if you have more questions feel free to email me livinglighthouse@hotpop.com

What is the RCI resort #?

You say you have a week this year and one for next year. Is this a fixed or floating week? If fixed, what week number is it?

Have either of them been deposited to RCI?

What is the possibility of getting back to back weeks in 2004 in your unit?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm not clear on what you're offering. But I may be interested.....

Thanks!

sent you an email, i have a few questions for you, looking forward to your reply!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter