Not a good change

mkynut90

Earning My Ears
The story that was told to me from an old chorus teacher was "the program was so long and boring that the king fell asleep, when the last song was performed it was so big and grand that it woke the king to where he stand, and when the king stands everyone stands. Now we stand in honor of that moment." The song I was talking about is The Hallelujah Chorus. I didn't like how at the Candlelight Processional Disney marred up the hallelujah Chorus and Joy to the World. Both songs deserve their own time.

The story that was told to me from an old chorus teacher was "the program was so long and boring that the king fell asleep, when the last song was performed it was so big and grand that it woke the king to where he stand, and when the king stands everyone stands. Now we stand in honor of that moment." The song I was talking about is The Hallelujah Chorus. I didn't like how at the Candlelight Processional Disney marred up the hallelujah Chorus and Joy to the World. Both songs deserve their own time.
People still stand. Obviously, you don’t like the change …if enough people complain maybe they’ll do something, but not likely. It’s their performance ….I’m sure there are other shows that you’d enjoy more somewhere.

We didn't see it first hand, but I would agree with your analysis. The Hallelujah Chorus should be stand alone finally.

We actually did see it firsthand, and we totally agree. It was a topic several families were talking about on the way out of the show. It made no sense. They should not have mashed them together this year - was confusing and took a little away from the end of the show. We've been going to CP for decades and always look forward to that big Hallelujah Chorus finish to the CP, and this year was disappointing. They tend to make subtle changes to the show over the years - hope they undo this one for next year.

Unpopular opinion, but in truth, neither should really be used for the nativity story (nor should they be associated around Christmas time at all). Both works were intended to be about the resurrection, so more appropriate around Easter.

Unpopular opinion, but in truth, neither should really be used for the nativity story (nor should they be associated around Christmas time at all). Both works were intended to be about the resurrection, so more appropriate around Easter.
Agree that historical accounts indicate it was originally considered appropriate for Easter, but both songs have been universal Christmas staples for many, many decades now. The words seem appropriate for both - just not mashed together in the same arrangement!

No. Joy to the World is an old English Christmas song, not Easter.

No. Joy to the World is an old English Christmas song, not Easter.

In, the 19th century it did become associated with Christmas when it it was set to the music we are familiar with today, but Isaac Watts who wrote the original poem did not write it as a Christmas carol. As with Hallelujah, the lyrics refer more to the resurrection.

Regardless, as I said, I know it is an unpopular opinion, and that these have become associated with Christmas music, but for me, I would prefer something like the "For unto us a child is born" section of the Messiah for a nativity story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter