Not a great technical shot, but this picture will last me a lifetime.

Quicklabs

DIS Veteran
This is my 9 year old heartdog, Augusta. I retired her from competitive agility today. She finished her 14th and final championship this morning--the 40th agilty title of her career. She is the first dog from our 41 year old club to have ever earned this particular title, and only the second Labrador Retriever ever to do so. We have been a team for 7 years and I treausre every step that I have ever taken with her in the long hours of training and the many hours of trialling. Thank goodness that these little black boxes and the pieces of glass we attach to them yield such treasures for us....
Augusta.jpg

I was psychotically happy!
MeandGust.jpg

Congrats! We have always had labs. They are just the most wonderful dogs. Augusta looks as proud as you. She knows she did good!

Congratulations to you both!!! Technically correct or not I am sure its going to be one of your favorite photos for many years to come! And it sounds as though Augusta has earned and extra helping of kibble and to have her favorite nap spot fluffed and ready!! Good work both of you!!:banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

Congratulations! What a beautiful Lab Augusta is!:goodvibes

TC:cool1:

Cool. But what do they do in retirement to keep busy?

Mikeeee

That is so awesome, you should be proud! Congratulations!

I miss having labs so much, my parents raised & showed labs as I was growing up...I can remember going from show to show with them and sleeping inside the dog crates LOL

Wow the memories are flooding back, I need to find pictures now!

We had all Black Labs & 1 Yellow Lab, she (Misty) was mine along with a conglamoration of other pets. Then years later we had another Yellow Lab, Bear, he was our last.

Not that I'm a wife & mom, we have a Huskie...I know total opposite! But we love him just the same!

Congrats once again!

So great to see, thanks for posting! You definitely sounded happy when I spoke to you earlier...it's a great achievement, I only with our dogs could do such things! Now onto some laundry for Augusta! ;)

Congrats and happy retirement Augusta!

Squid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter