Not allowed to drive POV to visit resort

Thomasfouraker

Earning My Ears
My family and I are currently staying at WDW at the All Star movies resort. We made a last minute trip to do the After Hours event at MK last night. My wife wanted to stay an extra day to sleep in and do some resort hopping/shopping.

I was surprised today when we drove to FW to catch the bus to the settlement area we were told we weren’t allowed in, only registered guest. Is this something new? We made about 12 trips down last year and never had a problem driving to any resort, parking and walking around. I always handed them my ID, told them who I was, where we were staying, my purpose for the visit and how long I anticipated being there. Never had an issue until today. I assume they don’t mind you taking buses, monorails or ferries from resort to resort.

Anyone have further info? Was told by the gate guard it started in January.

My family and I are currently staying at WDW at the All Star movies resort. We made a last minute trip to do the After Hours event at MK last night. My wife wanted to stay an extra day to sleep in and do some resort hopping/shopping.

I was surprised today when we drove to FW to catch the bus to the settlement area we were told we weren’t allowed in, only registered guest. Is this something new? We made about 12 trips down last year and never had a problem driving to any resort, parking and walking around. I always handed them my ID, told them who I was, where we were staying, my purpose for the visit and how long I anticipated being there. Never had an issue until today. I assume they don’t mind you taking buses, monorails or ferries from resort to resort.

Anyone have further info? Was told by the gate guard it started in January.
The policy is day guests can park to explore, shop and dine at the resorts. However, it is up to the discretion of the guard at the resort if they allow you to do so. I don’t believe anything changed at a large WDW level but perhaps the manager of FW is being more restrictive.

For instance last weekend I could park at the Contemporary to run into the gift shop without a problem. Similar situation as you described you are used to but the guard could have told me no if he felt the the lot was filling up and CR guest couldn’t find a spot then or that I was lying.

Around holidays, resort parking lots go on lockdown. Easter for sure. So maybe Memorial Day weekend as well.

Sometimes Disney issues a press release announcing these restrictions.

That makes sense, and makes me feel better now having some understanding at the guards reaction.

Fort wilderness is somewhat unique though in regards that the guest actually park at their cabin or at their campsite. I know their general parking is smaller in relation to other resorts because of this.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter