Not Avatar fans

FOP is amazing and easily enjoyable whether you have seen the movie or not. NRJ is a very pretty, short boat ride that has nothing very outstanding to recommend it. I would definitely make an effort to ride FOP. NRJ is nice if you like a pretty, dark boat ride and don't have to spend much time in line. It isn't usually deemed worth a long wait by most people.

All that said, I loved both rides. But I enjoy slow, pretty, dark boat rides - even if they are way too short.

I really dislike the movie Avatar, and for a long time I hated the idea that Disney was devoting a whole land to it at Animal Kingdom.

But Flight of Passage is brilliantly done, and is on my must-ride list for every visit. And the whole Pandora section is quite well done. I don't think it is necessary to like Avatar or to have even seen it, but I highly recommend visiting Pandora and riding FOP if you like cutting edge motion simulator attractions.

I love science fiction in general but didn’t love this movie. However, I a bit confused about how you can decide you’re not a fan of something you’ve never seen?

After the 9 year old rode FoP as soon as we got home she watched the movie. She didn't like the movie but for our next trip had already penciled in FoP as a must do fast pass.

I know a lot of people here don't like the Navi River Journey but I think it is such a beautiful ride. It's pretty basic, a great animatronic at the end but it is just such a visually stunning ride, I would highly recommend it if you have the time. Even if you haven't watched the movie, the bioluminescent plants and animals are gorgeous either way and the land is highly enjoyable. Enjoy your trip!

Pandora is incredibly well done for its theme. You don't need to know anything about the movie to enjoy the land.
FoP preshow goves enough background, that you will understand it even if you know nothing about the movie.
Navi is a nice calm boat ride. Well done, but no story to it, so you don't need to understand anything.
FoP is worth the wait, Navi is not.

I know a lot of people here don't like the Navi River Journey but I think it is such a beautiful ride. It's pretty basic, a great animatronic at the end but it is just such a visually stunning ride, I would highly recommend it if you have the time. Even if you haven't watched the movie, the bioluminescent plants and animals are gorgeous either way and the land is highly enjoyable. Enjoy your trip!

I like NRJ but I do feel like it could just have a little something extra to make it truly great. A few animatronic creatures would work, and be enough to make it a really solid ride.

You don't need to know anything about the movie to enjoy the land.
Definitely true,BUT I have been to Pandora both before AND after having watched Avatar and having seen the movie GREATLY enhanced my enjoyment.

It created a "higher" level of enjoyment.

I think the movie is boring, and was sad disney was investing so much time and money in an avatar land.
Then I rode the rides and loved them!!!
Fop is definitely the better of the two, but Na’vi is a pretty and relaxing ride, and the shaman alone is worth going on the ride to see her.
Agree the land is more stunning at night.

You dont need to see the movie to enjoy either ride. I personally love both. Navi river gets a lot of hate, but I love it.

FOP is a must do. It's just stunning. You don't have to know about Avatar to understand the pre-ride info; they explain it.

I'd skip NRJ. I know & like Avatar and thought the ride was pretty meh.

we are not Avatar fans, we’ve not even seen the movie. Is FOP and Na’vi river journey worth it if know virtually nothing? Interested in opinions please and thank you :)
You don’t need to watch the movie to be astonished and thrilled by a ride on FoP. It’s absolutely a must do!
If you get a chance to watch the movie before your trip to Animal Kingdom it would help to have the story in mind while riding, because it could perhaps heighten your enjoyment.

I did not enjoy the movie at all. In my opinion, it took an old story, which has been done way better, and heaped it high with cheese and screaming. I had trouble rooting for Sam W's character. The villian is overly obvious and generic; all he needs is a choppy laugh, and a black mustache to twirl.

That being said, I loved Pandora and both rides. FOP is the clear winner, but NRJ is also fun.

Definitely true,BUT I have been to Pandora both before AND after having watched Avatar and having seen the movie GREATLY enhanced my enjoyment.

It created a "higher" level of enjoyment.

having watched the movie several times before ever seeing the land, it was awe inspiring to walk in and see all the things that I saw in the movie.
It would have been really amazing to see all of it without ever seeing the movie.
However, seeing the movie and then the land reminded me of going to Universal and walking into both Harry Potter areas and feeling like you just walked into the movie.

We've never seen the movie, and I didn't care for the ride at all. First off, the restrains were too tight for me. I'm pushing 6-5, and my legs were clamped and cramped the entire ride. Plus, I just don't like that type of ride (so much up and down). That's why I don't ride things like Hollywood Tower and roller coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter