Not doing MK on first day.

We usually do Epcot on our first day. This year will be either Typhoon Lagoon or DHS depending on weather. We will be heading to MK at night for MNSSH, though it will be the first time ever we've done MK before day 3

I totally get tradition. We eat at lunch at Sanaa on arrival day and as soon as we sit down, it feels like the trip has begun.

That said, I don't know if we've ever done MK on our first day--just to avoid crowds (We arrive on a Saturday and don't do MK until Monday.).

The vacation still totally feels like Disney without the MK on the first day. So whatever is the best fit for your family, MK or not, you'll have a great time!

My kids have almost made it their rule that we go to MK first on each trip! However, this trip we will be joined by my sister the day AFTER we get there, and her kids are younger and will want to do MK first. So I have talked them into something different for their first day. They seem OK with it and I think it will only add to the excitement!:cheer2:

Our first trip (3 park days when kids were 4 and 21 months), we only did MK (2 days) and EP (mainly for Breakfast with the Princesses).

2nd trip we only did MK 1 day.

This upcoming trip is our "big" trip - 8 days, 6 park days. We aren't going to MK until the 3rd park day - We have friends coming in for the day on Sunday and want to try to do Jedi training so we are starting with HS. Doing AK the next day, partially to adhere to the "don't go to MK on a Monday" even though it is a slow time of year, and partially to "get AK over with" - The other 4 days will be 2 MK and 2 EP, 1 RD day for each and 1 late night for each.

That said, I don't know if we've ever done MK on our first day--just to avoid crowds (We arrive on a Saturday and don't do MK until Monday.).

Can I ask how your find MK on a Monday? I thought that was a bad day too (which is when we are going).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter