Not doing MNSSHP

Lcar6709

Earning My Ears
We planned to go to MK for the afternoon and eve of our last day in September to ride rides, watch the parade and fireworks - Happily Ever After, however our date is now confirmed as a MNSSHP date and we don't want to do the event. I know the event officially starts at 7pm but how will this affect our plans? will the park be heaving in the afternoon/ what time will it close to day guests/ and most importantly, will the Happily Ever After fireworks and the rest of the usual shows still take place or do they all get cancelled on those dates?

We planned to go to MK for the afternoon and eve of our last day in September to ride rides, watch the parade and fireworks - Happily Ever After, however our date is now confirmed as a MNSSHP date and we don't want to do the event. I know the event officially starts at 7pm but how will this affect our plans? will the park be heaving in the afternoon/ what time will it close to day guests/ and most importantly, will the Happily Ever After fireworks and the rest of the usual shows still take place or do they all get cancelled on those dates?

Crowds tend to be lighter on party days as MK closes early, 6:00 pm, for non-party guests. HEA will not take place on party dates, rather they're replaced with the Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Fireworks during the party.

Dates that stay open later and have the fireworks will be very crowded. Main Street is typically at capacity for the fireworks.

In our experience, the crowds are lighter on party days, but start to pick up around 4 when the party goers can enter the parks. If they are DVC, they can enter earlier, but it ws around 4 that we noticed the park getting crowded.
The CMs will start to encourage you to head to the exits starting around 6, and they want you out of the park at 7.

During the day, the crowds should be lighter, however, as PPs have mentioned, the crowds tend to pick up around 4 pm when a lot of the party goers enter. They will still hold the parade that day, but they will not show HEA. Will you have park hoppers? If so, that's a good day to use them - go to MK during the day and then hop to another park in the evening. If you want to see HEA, you will have to plan to see it on a non-MNSSHP night.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...lloween-party-poor-unfortunate-souls.3787458/
Literally on the first page of threads. Please use the search function!

what time will it close to day guests/ and most importantly, will the Happily Ever After fireworks and the rest of the usual shows still take place or do they all get cancelled on those dates?

The park will close to non-party goers at 6:00. You will not get to see any fireworks or other nighttime shows as nothing will show until after the party starts and you have to be out of the park by then.

The park will close to non-party goers at 6:00. You will not get to see any fireworks or other nighttime shows as nothing will show until after the party starts and you have to be out of the park by then.
I hate to bump this thread, again, but I believe you can enter the parks anytime after 4pm if you’re headed to a party, and therefore you can see the regular fireworks at park closing.

I hate to bump this thread, again, but I believe you can enter the parks anytime after 4pm if you’re headed to a party, and therefore you can see the regular fireworks at park closing.

BUT the OP specifically said they were NOT going to the party. AND there are no regular fireworks on party nights; there is only the special party fireworks.

I would go on a party day just because the crowds are so low-if you do go a non party day, I would do a fireworks desserts party if I wanted to see Happily Ever After. Many people hop to MK on non party nights just to get to see the regular evening fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter