not exactly Orlando, but a Busch Gardens question

FSUfan

Earning My Ears
Hello! After planning a few WDW trips (and feeling like I was getting pretty good at it! ;) ) I find myself needing to make ressies for Busch Gardens. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the BG or Clearwater area? We have a trip coming up next weekend and we don't have any ressies made! :eek:

Thanks in advance! :D

We have stayed at this hotel on both of our trips to Busch. This hotel is nice, has its own private beach directly on the water (not the bay). In '96 this was a Doubletree, by '99 it was a Hilton. I think the address is 400 Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater Beach. You must experience Montu at Busch!!:bounce:

There are a couple we usually stay at when we go to BG, the Amerisuites which is fairly new & offers continental breakfast, and the Doubletree which is an older one but still kept up & clean, they are right down the street from BG on BG Blvd. we stay at whichever one has a better rate.

Thank you MouseLover and CPM for the suggestions! Hopefully the ressies will be made this weekend! :)

Just got back from staying at the Doubletree Guest Suites. Wasn't crazy about it. It was the little things that weren't clean - a garbage wasn't emtied, lightswitches and taps were dirty. Free breakfast was very nice and it is close to Busch - I think they offer transportation, but I'm not positive. We got it for $30/night through priceline - so I guess it was ok for that price.

thank you 1canadian for the info! we ended up staying at fairfield inn on fletcher - about 5-10 minutes from the park. found it on the internet, got discounted park tickets and a lot of perks because it was a busch gardens preferred hotel. i recommend it to anyone going!

thanks again! :)

awesome! glad you got a hotel nearby. :) I would be more inclined to recommend something on Fletcher Avenue or Bruce B. Downs Blvd. before anything on Busch Blvd. Also, staying on Fletcher Ave gives you a couple hotels or suite-hotels to stay at, and you are not following the majority of traffic leaving Busch Gardens and heading towards the Interstate. :)
(plus I live in the area, and if I wouldn't want to stay in a certain hotel, I wouldn't recommend it to a stranger)

thanks TSI fan! we were very pleased with our location and will recommend it to anyone that asks. and it's good to know we "got lucky" with our location! :p and with the 2nd day free that was in the hotel package, we'll be there again this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter