Not Getting COVID Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Everyone! I know there are a bunch of us here on the DIS that aren't getting the COVID vaccine for one reason or another. I personally have had COVID already and based on the research feel that I have a pretty robust immunity now to COVID. What are your reasons for not getting the vaccine?
So if you happen to get Covid again, will you refuse any treatment?

This is a community board and this topic should be able to be discussed. If it is not a thread you are interested in, please just don’t participate.
many people have been told by mods to consolidate the covid threads. Or they get moved. Sorry for having an opinion

If we can have a “who is getting a Covid vaccine” thread, then we should be able to have a “who’s not getting a covid vaccine thread”. Anyone who got the vaccine can feel free not to participate in the discussion.

I am not getting the covid vaccine. I had Covid and was antibody tested after the fact. The research on covid antibodies is very promising especially with long-term T cells and B cells.

many people have been told by mods to consolidate the covid threads. Or they get moved. Sorry for having an opinion
But, the covid threads are most definitely not getting consolidated. There are many and eventually most to get shut down.

But, the covid threads are most definitely not getting consolidated. There are many and eventually most to get shut down.
True, I enjoy these threads I like other peoples opinions and ideas. I just hope it can stay on track, sorry for being moody. Most the other threads have desolved into a mess I took this one to be a new starter to the madness so im sorry for assuming.

Hi Everyone! I know there are a bunch of us here on the DIS that aren't getting the COVID vaccine for one reason or another. I personally have had COVID already and based on the research feel that I have a pretty robust immunity now to COVID. What are your reasons for not getting the vaccine?

Thank you for asking this question, clearly not the popular opinion here on the boards, however my answer is the same as yours exactly. I locked my family down since March 2020, had my daughter do remote in person school, got groceries delievered or curbside. Only went to work. My workplace did not require masks (uncool, you know <insert eye roll here>, don't get me started on that, whether you think they work or not, at the time that is all we had as a line of protection so why not wear them?) and I got Covid November 2020. I know I got it from work, I went NOWHERE else. Sickest I've ever been, but no breathing issues thankfully. Worst flu symptoms and loss of taste/smell for 10 full days then pure exhaustion for quite some time after that. I just got back my antibody test Friday and I still have them! To say I was happy was an understatement. I agree with you about our natural immunity. And I've read a booster may be needed for the covid vaccine so why is it superior to my natural immunity?

can we not? there are like 10 other vaccine threads go join one of them please.
Well to be fair debates get started in other threads taking them way OT and posters have been asked to start their own thread in order to keep the other threads open. Many good threads have been shut down so I’m all for it.

True, I enjoy these threads I like other peoples opinions and ideas. I just hope it can stay on track, sorry for being moody. Most the other threads have desolved into a mess I took this one to be a new starter to the madness so im sorry for assuming.
No worries! I’m a bit on the defensive side today so I apologize! You are correct. Most covid threads turn into a train wreck...lol.

I met a lot of people over the holiday weekend that haven’t been vaccinated. I heard a lot of bizarre reasons. None had anything due to medical reasons. Most sounded like Fox from the X-Files.

Now, I need to quarantine myself from my parents for two weeks to make sure I don’t get them sick. I have been vaccinated, but it’s not 100% effective.

At the end of the day, this is the world we live in.

I got the vaccine months ago, but I can answer for my relatives: because it's all a "hoax". Covid was started to kill off the old people...no wait, the vaccine is supposed to kill the old people...no, that's not right either. I think they've finally settled on it contains a microchip and turns you into a Communist now.

Natural immunity may or may not protect against the variants. I worry that with the amount of people refusing, we'll be in a worse place a year or two from now because of mutations in the virus. I try not to worry about it, because I figure at least myself and my immediate family have done our parts. It's up to everyone else to do their part as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter