Not happy with MarathonFoto at the moment.

SAHDad

DIS Veteran
Since the Dopey may be a "one and done" trip, at least until the kids are older, I went ahead and ordered the full Dopey picture set. I chose more than 100 pictures from all 4 events, made them favorites, and ordered a Dopey CD.

I got a CD with the 2013 Donald cover, and 21 images from the 2014 half marathon. I emailed to ask them about it, telling them what I had ordered and subsequently received,, and they told me I could expect to receive my CD in 10-14 days.
Yeah, thanks. I got it, ergo, my issue. :rolleyes:

So sorry..I'm still waiting for my photo from 2008..when they were called something else. I think they just change their name because they do such bad work and have poor customer relations.

I too had major problems with MarathonFoto after the Dopey this year. I ordered their digital premium pack which was supposed to come with all my photos from all four races plus their extra "race highlight" photos. It took over a week of emails and phone calls to their customer service to finally get everything I paid for. I even tracked down the email for CEO of the company and contacted him to help make things right.

I intend to do the Dopey again next year, but I might have to settle on taking my own photos as dealing with MarathonFoto was such a headache.

I'm with you. I ordered my Goofy shots, and I waited 10 business days for my download links - nothing.

I contacted them and they'd accidentally placed a 'hold' on my order. They put another order in ("at no additional charge", gee, thanks) and now I get to wait another 5 business days.

Stellar.

Apparently, I chose the wrong thing or something. While I would normally call this an ID10T error, their website is not the best; at least not when viewed in Firefox.

I now have a number to call tomorrow to try and straighten things out.

I'm so tired of MarathonFoto. I really wish runDisney would contract with someone else. This was especially evident with Tink...lots of people (including me!) didn't get any finish line pics or they were terrible (I'm the size of an ant in mine) and the ONE good photo of me is so blurry, it's not worth the price.

I'm so tired of MarathonFoto. I really wish runDisney would contract with someone else. This was especially evident with Tink...lots of people (including me!) didn't get any finish line pics or they were terrible (I'm the size of an ant in mine) and the ONE good photo of me is so blurry, it's not worth the price.

I'm not too fond of MarathonFoto. A lot of other race organizers use them and I don't know why. My 2012 DL Half, they used Brightroom which were fantastic for customer service, and quality especially for the price.. but from what I read, Brightroom merged with MarathonFoto and now it just sucks overall. :(

All my issues with Marathon foto were resolved but this is what happened to me...

I did the Dopey Challenge.

I ordered something that said it was for everything....to download. When the email came it was only for the 5k.
I emailed them asking about the other three races and they told me that everything meant 'everything' for one race not all four. I had said that it was misleading because they really need to state...everything for the 5k...and so on. They agreed and stated they did not do a good job explaining the details of each package...and they never had a separate Dopey package ...but they did give me the balance of the photos from the 10k/half and full at no additional charge.

I was happy overall with the photos. I think they need to figure a way to explain what it is you are purchasing...when they said 'everything' they never specified what it entailed so naturally one would think that 'everything' means 'everything'.

I agree with the poster who mentioned taking their own camera next time. There are really tiny cameras out there...like Go Pros...

I had a similar problem getting my Dopey pics. I made a huge fuss and they gave me $30 off, so that's fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter