"Not so" Live Report (With Photo's) DL, NY, WDW, DCL & NASA Done - U.S. in progress

The others are right, you sure do cram a lot into your days! Thanks for the details on Disney Quest. Its something I know very little about. We have a half day before we transfer to port Canaveral. Do you we'll have time to squeeze that in?

The others are right, you sure do cram a lot into your days! Thanks for the details on Disney Quest. Its something I know very little about. We have a half day before we transfer to port Canaveral. Do you we'll have time to squeeze that in?

Shushh,

They are right we did cram alot in due to 2 factors, sometimes too much (I now need a holiday from my holiday).

1. Queues we short so we did not waste a lot of time waiting
2. Friends we were travelling with was their first trip so they were keen to see everything. We may have given a few things a miss if it was just us.

It depends how you're getting to Cape Canaveral and what time you are going to leave but I don't think you will have time.

DQ doesn't open till 11, we caught the Disney Express to Cape Canaveral and it left WL around 12.30 but we had to check in earlier than that.

PS well worth the money for DE to DCL. Checked our bags in at WL hoped on bus. Next saw our bags outside our stateroom on the ship. Walked off bus into terminal, checked in and onto the boat.

Day 9 -Magic Kingdom

We started today off with a trip to Chef Mickey's. We took a bus off to Magic Kingdom and then walked over to the Contemporary.

We checked in and had out family photo taken with the statue out the front by the disney photographer. She was not all that helpful as we were 2 families we wanted separate photo's but as we were on one ADR she wouldn't do it.

Anyway we were seated shortly after and I got a cup of coffee (God it's awful stuff but I need the caffiene) and a juice and took a wonder to see what food was available.

Had some fresh fruit to start and then went back to see the hot fare.

The characters started coming out we had Mini Mouse, Goofy, Donald and then the boss Mickey. The kids all got their photo's and autographs. Mickey had to break off and do his song and dance routine in the restaurant. There we were twirling our napkins to the music and singing along. Afterwards Mickey came right back and finished up.

We asked the waiter if Pluto was coming as were not sure if we should wait. He said, "Yeah he's always last out because he's the tail end". Got a laugh out of everyone, suppose you had to be there.

The food was just OK and the restaurant itself needs a good clean up as its looking a bit tired.

We hit Magic Kingdom and again today. We did all the favourites again riding the mountains at least 2-3 times each.

It wasa pretty slow day and we tended to take out time taking it easy. We skipped lunch after our big breakfast plus we were having and early dinner. We headed back to the hotel early and hit the pool.

Around 4pm we got ready for dinner at the Hoop De Do Review. We wewre booked in to the early show at 5pm. We took the bus to Fort Wilderness which is about a 2 minute drive and got directed to the check window.

That is when the drama started. We were booked in as 5 adults and 3 children but our dining package was for 6 adults and 2 children (2 girls were considered adults).

Well it took 30+ minutes and every staff member at the hoop de do to get us checked in. By this stage we were the only ones still outside.

Eventually they fixed it and we were seated.

We got our drinks which came in Jam jars, soft drinks, wine and beer with automatic refills. Well we had a good time and the DW's were truly happy by the time we left.

The food started with a very nice garden salad and nice dressing with bread.

The show then started, whilst corny was great fun. The performers were sensational and carried the show off and had everyone stomping and clapping along.

The mains came out and we had fried chicken, ribs, beans etc. The ribs were good but I found the sauce a little overpowering but they were tender, the meat fell off the bone. The chicken was the best fried chicken I have had. The meat was moist and the coating better than KFC. Well it was all you can eat and I think our table ate the least out of everyone. We had one refill of chicken whereas everyone esle had food flowing non-stop.

The show continued more songs and dance with audience participation in some parts.

We had deserts which was a strawberry shortcake, It was beautiful and light. After deserts, the show finished up and you were pretty much ushered out the door. Outside was the next seating witing to get in.

We had a walk around Fort Wilderness and then caught the bus back. We hit the pool again as it was still early then up to the room for a good nights sleep.

DSC00364.jpg

Out the front of Chef Mickey's

DSC00351.jpg

Youngest DD with Minnie

DSC00357.jpg

Eldest DD and friend at breakfast

DSC00353.jpg

DD with Mickey

DSC00355.jpg

DD with Donald

DSC00350.jpg

Goofy

DSC00377.jpg

The show at HDD

DSC00387.jpg

The girls with their washboard

DSC00369.jpg

DF with her glass of wine

DSC00371.jpg

DD and I at HDD

DSC00370.jpg

DD eating her salad

Thanks for the review of Hoop De Doo. That's something I wanted to do but didn't have time. It's on the wishlist for next time. It is crazy how much the Americans eat, isn't it! We weren't on a dining plan so paid out of pocket for all meals and the buffets just weren't worth it for us as we could not eat our money's worth. That wasn't a problem for most other people though!

Wow! You really did crammed a lot into your days :worship:

All caught up. Thanks for the updates.

Sigh...DizOz, I now have to add Hoop De Do onto my list. All the more reason to return to WDW sooner!

We're heading towards Port Canaveral when we leave WDW as that's where we're meeting up with the rest of the group so we can leave later in the afternoon. Is there somewhere you can eat inside DisneyQuest? When you said you went to the top to have lunch, that was within DisneyQuest?

Sigh...DizOz, I now have to add Hoop De Do onto my list. All the more reason to return to WDW sooner!

We're heading towards Port Canaveral when we leave WDW as that's where we're meeting up with the rest of the group so we can leave later in the afternoon. Is there somewhere you can eat inside DisneyQuest? When you said you went to the top to have lunch, that was within DisneyQuest?

Shushh

Yes their is a restaurant on the top floor. Typical hamburgers etc.

Day 10 - MNSHP

Today was a rest day as we were going to have a later night at MNSHP.

I had some work to do so I stayed in the room and worked. The rest of the group hit the shops. They went to Prime Outlets after the recommendation from the lady at DQ.

They were gone most the of the day which worked out well as I finished my work 5 minutes before they returned.

That night we had an early dinner at Whispering Canyon. Our DD's all got dressed up in costumes. Nothing too over the top but enough to get in the spirit.

At WC I had the skillet. It comes with Ribs, pulled pork, chicken, beef, mashed potatoes, corn and beans. I could barely wlak after eating all that. Its eat as much as you want and they will bring more food if you want. We just had the single helping.

Our youngest DD could not help but ask for the ketchup so we ended up with a dozen bottles on the table. Then someone else asked for it. We had kids run from everywhere to grab a bottle and take it to the new table.

They also had the horse races around the restaurant for the kids youn and old.

We headed off to MK on the boat and arrived just before 7pm. Main street was all decked out in Halloween decorations and the castle was lit especially to make it look spooky.

We made our way to the front of the castle as a villians show was due to start. We pegged out a spot to watch the show and also the parade. The show came on and all the disney villians appeared. They did a few songs with fire works and then came off the stage for autographs.

The parade started with the headless horsemen riding through the streets. The lights dimmed and the parade started with the characters all in halloween costumes.

At the end of the parade they gave out candy to the kids into their trick or treat bags they collected at the front of the park.

We headed over to space mountain and rode it twice and then watched a dance party out the front with goofy and stitch. The kids all had a great time dancing with the characters.

We then hit the first Trick or Treat Stataion. These are dotted all over the park. You line up and the kids bags are filled with candy.

We then did Buzz Lightyear and the people mover again.

We then rode the Indy Speedway, it was great fun in the dark. Much better than the day time.

Whilst we wer there we went over to Mickey Toon Town. There were 3 more Trick or Treat Stations.

As we left MTT the fireworks started as we sat and watched them. We got a better view of them from the California Grill.

We then went to Adventureland and did PoC and then off to Fantasyland we did Dumbo ride, no wait it was great. The next parade was about to start so we headed to Splash Mountain and BTM.

My eldest daughter did SM which I didn't expect. Loved it so we went on it again. Got a little wet but not too bad. We then hit BTM and rode that twice. It was great on queues at all.

As we finished our last ride on BTM the parade also finished so we followed it and the mass of peopel and headed to the Haunted Mansion. Half the crowd went to the exit, the other half went to the Haunted Mansion.

We were all getting a little tired so we decided to head home. On the way out we rode Peter Pan and Snow White. Stopped of in Main Street USa to pick up ears for our friends daughters. We headed home on the bus and had a good nights sleep.

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

The girls dressed up at dinner for MNSHP

DSC00393.jpg

DD with her ketchup bottle at WC

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DD's at entrance to MNSHP

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

Cinderella's Castle changing colors during the night

DSC00404.jpg

Villains concert at front of castle

DSC00408.jpg

The headless horseman at the start of the parade

DSC00413.jpg

Tigger

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

Some of the floats in the parade

DSC00430.jpg

The girls dancing at Sticth's dance party

Love the photos so far! Your girls look very tired at the Princess lunch! I'm still very impressed that you stayed at the park all day on arrival :thumbsup2

Great photos of you and the girls! Looks like you all were having a fab time. THanks for posting.

Love the photos so far! Your girls look very tired at the Princess lunch! I'm still very impressed that you stayed at the park all day on arrival :thumbsup2

Ehsmum,

You are correct. We were so tired that none of us were that hungry. The flight over was different to the previous flights were it seemed to go a lot quicker but the girls did not sleep as much.

The problem with lunch is you slow done and the exhaustion catched up with you. When you are on the go with rides etc you don't feel it as much.

They picked up a bit after we got to our room and had a shower and chnge of clothes. Dinner later that night was surprisingly more enjoyable than lunch.

Great photos of you and the girls! Looks like you all were having a fab time. THanks for posting.

We had the time of our lives. Can not wait to start planning our next trip. Although next time I have to include Europe as I promised DW.

Yes, the same thing happened to us. We walked around the Hollywood Walk of Fame and were fine until we sat down to eat lunch. Then we crashed hard.

My DH wants to go to Europe next time but I'm leaning towards the US again. We'll see!

Loving the pics. Looking forward to seeing some more.

We haven't been to Europe since '98, but everytime we consider it, I just end up thinking about how 'kid friendly' the US and decide to put it off. Plus the US is cheaper once we get there, especially with the exchange rates. Our first trip we got 63c. :scared1:

If I have to do Europe I think we can just get around the world tickets and still be able to do WDW. The flight costs will be about the same cost may be a little more as just the US flights only.

I have also added the NY photos today. Still have to get the baseball, WDW, Cruise, NASA and Universal photo's loaded plus complete TR.

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Love the NY photos. Looks like the kids had fun climbing up to the Liberty Statue crown.

Like the photo of girls lying in their bed writing in their journal. Very cute! I've been taking stairs where ever I go. Hope that's enough to get me to the top of the crown!

Great photos, that dessert at Ariel's Grotto looks so appetising!

They were very nice but a little wasted on us. We were so tired we weren't that hungy but I did make room for the white chocolate.

Love the NY photos. Looks like the kids had fun climbing up to the Liberty Statue crown.

They had a great time. Eldest DD didn't like the last portion as it was so tight and very claustrophobic. From memory there was 525 steps to the top.

Like the photo of girls lying in their bed writing in their journal. Very cute! I've been taking stairs where ever I go. Hope that's enough to get me to the top of the crown!

Shushh can I Suggest you do your training on a ladder. That is how steep the steps are especially the last half once you get past the pedestal.

WDW - Day 11 Typhoon Lagoon

Lucky again this day with the buses. We had less than a 5 minute wait at WL and headed directly to TL. We got there about 10 prior to openeing but were allowed in and coralled at the bridge near the surf shop.

Whilst we waited I picked up a rash vest for $15 not bad for a disney park.

The rope was dropped and we headed around the lagoon to the opposite and found a nice shaded area and dropped everything and headed for the first ride.

We did three rides all together in the back left of the park. Keelhaul Falls, Mayday Falls and Gang Plank Falls. The rides were Ok but nowhere near as fun as Blizzard Beach.

Next we head to Humunga Kowapunga which is a speed slide. Surprisingly my eldest daughter went on it without any arguements. Once we finsihed she wanted to go again so we walked back up the stairs and rode it again. Nice and fast mostly in the dark straight down.

Next we did storm slides and headed back to our chairs and had some drinks and snacks.

We then had a go in the wave pool. It must be the only wave pool with no waves. We were in there for 45 minutes and the best we got was some choppy waves. As we headed out the big waves started. Managed to get a couple by the the time we got back out into the deep water.

We then had lunch typical fast food burgers etc.

To relax we went for a float around Castaway Creek. Nice and relaxing except for the water in the grotto in freezing.

We then took our youngest daughters to Shark Reef and had a swim with the sharks. Our wives and eldest DD gave it a miss. We got our goggles and snorkle and headed to the wade in area. You step onto a ledge and just float off from there into the pool. The salt water makes it very easy to float.

In the pool you aren't allowed to kick just slowly float and use your arms and legs to move. At the bottom the sharks swim by and schools of tropical fish swim in the man made reef. Great fun.

We did a few more rides before heading home. Our friends decided to stay a little longer. We were lucky we had a 5 minute wait for the bus and no problmes. They waited for 45 minutes and when a bus finally came the driver didn't want to stop. It was only the intervention of a cast member forced him to stop and pick them up. He said he was too full, the cast member reminded him that is not how they did things at disney.

So what do you do after a day to a water park, that's right you go to the pool. We had a bit of a swim and then headed off to get ready for dinner. DW and I had a booking at the Queen Victoria Room at V&A whilst our frinds and kids were going to Citricos. For V&A we had to get dressed up. Boy what fun wearing a collar and jacket in 35 degress 90% humidity weather.

We arrived early at the GF so we decided to have a look around. First time I have ever gone inside at GF. Wow it looked fantatsic.

Our friends and kids went off to dinner so DW and I had a drink at the bar whilst we waited for our reservation. Even the bar was a little more up market.

Have to go but will give you the details of the V&A dinner. Certainly once in a lifetime meal.

DSC00446.jpg

The girls in GF gardens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter