• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not the right shirt lady.

catycatcat4

Shhhh I made the username when I was a child >_<
I was on TOT a couple of hours ago and there was this very big young lady wearing a sun dress with thin straps i mean very then straps and i'm sure the dress was a couple sizes to small (i'm not trying to be mean but its true)

The funny part was her the straps on her dress broke! kinda mean to laugh but her group was laughing to ( or is it too?)

Had to share that :lmao:

Correct, it should be "too". Or you could have used "also".
Keep working on it Sierra! :goodvibes

And, no, you probably should not have been laughing, but...
Wish people would learn to dress themselves in the correct size clothing!

I always find these comments ridiculous coming from any person...especially one that is thin. NO ONE finds joy in being overweight. Just because people in her group were laughing doesn't mean they aren't jerks.

Sierra, I understand that you're 16, but that is old enough to have sensitivity. Be happy that you are a beautiful young woman and please don't find joy in others misfortunes. I understand that she is bigger and wearing a smaller outfit, but maybe she was just trying to fit in. Just my take.

When I have to state in my sentence, "I'm not trying to be mean, but..." That usually means, I might not want to be a mean person, but I KNOW that what I'm saying really is mean.

When I have to state in my sentence, "I'm not trying to be mean, but..." That usually means, I might not want to be a mean person, but I KNOW that what I'm saying really is mean.

I was going to say the same thing Nicole.

:rotfl2: but :sad2: Okay here we go again, and once again I think that people just use the boards to scrutinize other people. To her it might be funny and she just wanted to share it with other people (like me) that thinks it is funny. I am even overweight and I found that funny. Learn to have some manners. At least she didn't just go at the lady and tell her she was wearing the wrong size clothing. Sierra dont mind these people.

:rotfl2: but :sad2: Okay here we go again, and once again I think that people just use the boards to scrutinize other people. To her it might be funny and she just wanted to share it with other people (like me) that thinks it is funny. I am even overweight and I found that funny. Learn to have some manners. At least she didn't just go at the lady and tell her she was wearing the wrong size clothing. Sierra dont mind these people.

I totally agree. Lighten up people! :rolleyes:

For the record, I am overweight and have been so my entire life. Despite the fact that the chances of me wearing a sun dress are slim (no pun intended) to none, I could absolutely find the humor if I had been involved in a similar situation. In fact, those are the pictures I am most likely to put on Facebook LOL. :thumbsup2

By the way, my nickname is NOT Sun Dress Simon.

Look, if you post on the boards you have to be a big girl and take peoples responses. It's a public forum. I do believe we are discussing a lack of manners...which apprently is more widespread that I originally thought.

Sierra, you don't have read, agree with or respect what I say. However, next time you have a semi-rude story to share, you may want to PM Takodacaleb as they may get your sense of humor better than others. I'm now finished reading this thread as it is getting even more rediculous.

I know a lot of people on these boards, maybe not the ones who have responded to this post, but in general have laughed at people for the way they look or dress, even taken photos of them without them knowing. Which I personally think is a lot worse than just mentioning an incident of incorrect park attire. If you went to Disney in 2005, you would probably have a whole memory card full of my disastrous outfits! Just because a person doesn't care for fashion, doesn't make them stupid or wrong. Even women wearing high healed shoes in the parks may seem ridiculous to some people, might mean comfort and self esteem to others.

Now it is up to each individual to decide if they should cast the first stone in judging someone for making a comment, that most of you would probably found interesting (if not amusing) that someone was wearing inappropriate clothing to a park, which then malfunctioned. I don't know whether I would of laughed, but I sure as heck would have looked. I can admit that about myself.

Personally, making fun of peoples clothes in general is a sure sign that the person is feeling insecure within themselves. Take a note of how you feel on a day, and then how you judge other people, even inside your own head. If you are having a good day, you will mostly see nice outfits and pretty people. On a bad day, when insecurity bites, it will be nothing but negative. I know, I do it myself.

So yes, the comment may not have been kind, but it wasn't designed to be hurtful. No one here could say that they haven't at least thought the same about another person, thin or overweight.

Hm. I don't want to point fingers here at "which side's right, which side's wrong" because we're all entitled to our own opinion and very free to express that.

However. Please imagine if you were the person this happened to and you came across a thread like this talking about you. Would it be your own fault for wearing "the wrong sized clothing?" Maybe. Does that change that it'd be hurtful. No.

Please remember people's feelings when posting in a public place.:flower3:

Just my two cents.

I always find these comments ridiculous coming from any person...especially one that is thin. NO ONE finds joy in being overweight. Just because people in her group were laughing doesn't mean they aren't jerks.

I don't deny the point you are making about general politeness, but just because she is thin doesn't mean she may not have her own body issues. I do resent the fact that her size was brought into this at all, it makes you just as judgemental. Her size has nothing to do with her sense of humour, two totally separate issues.

Thin is often held up to be the desired or the norm, but even skinny people have their own issues with how they look. When I was younger I was so skinny my ribs stuck out (they still do, but I have filled out a lot since then). I would get teased and name called about it. I was still told I had the wrong body shape. I had major self confidence issues that I am still trying to deal with, but yes I am a healthy body weight. Yet I guess if I had one of my items of clothing break because it was to small, people could laugh, but not if they are overweight?

Underweight or overweight are both unhealthy, both are medical issues. I personally don't find it funny, but don't bring other peoples body sizes into this.

A very close friend of mine who is fat got stuck on Dudley Do Right.

We still laugh about it to this day. She said she thought that they'd have to bring the Jaws of Life to get her out, which would be so embarrassing. The whole ride I was in front of her saying things like, "Oh, look at that," and she's back there thinking, "I'm never getting off of this ride." She thought her only alternative to having the fire department cut her out :scared1: would be to have to keep riding over and over until she lost enough weight to get off, which would be pretty quick since she'd be starving. :rotfl:

I told her that I'd never let that happen. I'd come by every day and toss her a sandwich - and ride with her...if I had the time. ;)

I peed my pants at the Orlando airport. We laughed. If I hadn't had a suitcase with me, I'd have had to try to board and been kicked off like a street person. Maybe they'd have put me on that airport show: "Coming up next! Woman soaked in urine tries to board plane!" :faint:

Sometimes things are so awful and so embarassing that you just have to laugh.

Sierra, I understand that you're 16, but that is old enough to have sensitivity. Be happy that you are a beautiful young woman and please don't find joy in others misfortunes. I understand that she is bigger and wearing a smaller outfit, but maybe she was just trying to fit in. Just my take.

and your point is? kinda mean methinks. think about it.

I was going to say the same thing Nicole.
come on people..........pick on someone your own size.................OP was not trying to be mean.

As a 16 year old girl, I wonder how funny OP would find it if she was on Splash Mountain, wearing a tube top type shirt, and one of her male friends, sitting behind her, thought it would be funny to pull it over her head just as the camera went off? Or perhaps, if she likes to wear low rise jeans and had a friend pull them down as a joke? Wouldn't it be funny because everyone was laughing?

As a 16 year old girl, I wonder how funny OP would find it if she was on Splash Mountain, wearing a tube top type shirt, and one of her male friends, sitting behind her, thought it would be funny to pull it over her head just as the camera went off? Or perhaps, if she likes to wear low rise jeans and had a friend pull them down as a joke? Wouldn't it be funny because everyone was laughing?

I know not to wear tube tops to a theme park duh! I know not to wear tube tops at all duh! As for jeans if they are loose enough to be pulled off chances are they be falling off when i walk therefore i would not be wearing them.

As for being mean i don't feel bad about it at all i didn't think this deatail was important when i wrote the OP but they where cursing every other word before they kept saying stuff "like oh S___ this ride is going to be blah blah blah" they kept saying not so family friendly things on a ride with several kids on it very loudly. So karma is a meanie but.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter