• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov 15th - 4 Day Dream - First cruise as couple only

detroitdad

DIS Veteran
First of all--anyone else going? This will be our 7th cruise but the first for just my wife and I as a couple. We have 4 children and started cruising in 2006 when the youngest was 4 and our oldest was 12. Our last family cruise was in 2019 when our children were 18, 20, 22 and 25. We have such great memories cruising as a family and my children still keep in touch from time to time with friends that they've made in the clubs over the years. It's been a great adventure but now we're looking forward to a new chapter of cruising. I know this will be a different experience but excited to experience a less crowded ship and appreciate being able to cruise again. It will be unique I'm sure but we are anxious to take the pace even slower, enjoy the ship, find a favorite bartender and partake in more room service!

Does anyone know off hand if there is still an official semi-formal night on the 4 day? Also what show(s) will be offered?

Are you on the Dream. We travel as a couple often but love when our kids and grandkids can cruise too. In September we did the 4 night Dream and the shows were Beauty and the Beast and Believe. We only had 1200 pax onboard so many of the venues were empty. The night we went to Pub 287 there were only 3 couples total in the whole lounge. We still had a fantastic time!

MJ

Are you on the Dream. We travel as a couple often but love when our kids and grandkids can cruise too. In September we did the 4 night Dream and the shows were Beauty and the Beast and Believe. We only had 1200 pax onboard so many of the venues were empty. The night we went to Pub 287 there were only 3 couples total in the whole lounge. We still had a fantastic time!

MJ

Yes we're on the Dream. Did they have a semi-formal night?

I'm on your cruise as well!! If you're on facebook we have a group on there.

I don't know about formal night - we typically don't participate in that. Sorry

Wife and I are going on the Dream 4-night the 22nd of this month. Our daughter and her crew will be along too.
We have done 9 DCL cruises, 3 without kids/gkids. I know things aren't really normal, but I would expect that the daily Mouse schedule will have plenty for you to do, in port or not, kids or not. Also, we have a B2B Brit. Isles/WBTA scheduled for next Sept. Our son, who will be retired by then, is coming with us (his wife doesn't want to go). Do they have a kids club for him?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter