Nov/dec experts please help me decide!

DisMama5

DIS Veteran
My family and I want to venture out of our "comfort zone" of October, when we typically visit DW. We have always wanted to see it with the holiday theming of Christmas, it seems so magical. We are thinking sometime around the weekend after thanksgiving into the first week of December OR the first week of December into the second week. I have heard these choices are good choices...

But what makes me nervous is the stories I am hearing about the weather, so id love to get some expert advise from frequent DW visitors of that time frame.... Is it really cold enough that you need a coat and possible hat? Is it warm at all... Is it typically warm and only a chance of being cold but not likely? I'm just confused....

We are from Mass so going from cold to cold isn't too appealing for DH and worried the kids will be to chilly to enjoy a lot of the parks (they will be 5+) but we want to see that time of year in the world also.... So basically we are torn lol! I keep saying just try it out and leave the comfort zone of oct but this will be our only trip for a good few years now so I'm not sure it's worth the chance.... Anyways any advice helps regarding the weather :)

We went this past Thanksgiving. The weather was really mixed. Most nights, we just wore a sweatshirt or light jacket to the parks. It got down to55 degrees at night but one night it dipped down to about 40 degrees and the wind whipped up so it felt like New England!
We went in the pool all except the night in the 40s. The water was nice but it's a chilly run back to the room when you are wet and it's 55 degrees. We had the pool all to ourselves each night.
Day time got up into the 80s once but mostly hovered around a pleasant 68-74 degrees.
Just layer the light jackets with sweatshirts for chillier nights. Well worth going to see all the decorations and enjoy the Christmas atmosphere!

We went this past Thanksgiving. The weather was really mixed. Most nights, we just wore a sweatshirt or light jacket to the parks. It got down to55 degrees at night but one night it dipped down to about 40 degrees and the wind whipped up so it felt like New England! We went in the pool all except the night in the 40s. The water was nice but it's a chilly run back to the room when you are wet and it's 55 degrees. We had the pool all to ourselves each night. Day time got up into the 80s once but mostly hovered around a pleasant 68-74 degrees. Just layer the light jackets with sweatshirts for chillier nights. Well worth going to see all the decorations and enjoy the Christmas atmosphere!

Thank you for the input! That doesn't sound too bad if it was only one day

I love that time of year. The weather can be a little iffy. PP is correct. It can get a little cool, but nothing a sweatshirt in the evening couldn't handle. We have also hit that week where we were in shorts the whole week. It all depends. But nothing beats the magic of Christmas in Disney. We are from PA, so we also worry about leaving the cold for the cold. We just booked the first week of December.

Thanks guys! This doesn't sound to bad then, nothing a sweatshirt can't fix it sounds like :)

My comfort zone has always been the first of December, you can't go wrong, the weather is a hit or miss, one year I wore shorts every day another year I had to buy a winter coat, but you can't beat the decorations, it's amazing, and the Osborne Spectacle of lights is amazing.

I've done the Christmas party 3 times, it's really what you choose to make of it, I liked it. Have you ever done the Halloween party? I want to try it out.

My comfort zone has always been the first of December, you can't go wrong, the weather is a hit or miss, one year I wore shorts every day another year I had to buy a winter coat, but you can't beat the decorations, it's amazing, and the Osborne Spectacle of lights is amazing. I've done the Christmas party 3 times, it's really what you choose to make of it, I liked it. Have you ever done the Halloween party? I want to try it out.

Yes we've done the Halloween party a few times actually, we love that time of year! But are itching to try to see the holiday season this time, but the weather being cold is holding us back.. I might just have to chance it though!

The Halloween party is tons of fun, we love it! Everyone dresses up in costume, adults and kids :) you can trick or treat around the park at the designated trick or treat stations, the hallowishes is amazing! The villans show is amazing also! The parade is my favorite actually, such a fun tune that goes with it as well. Idk to me that's my favorite thing we do when we go in October. They also have character dance parties, I'm sure MVMCP has similar things as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter