• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov. PTR

Disney_Jill

DIS Veteran
This is my first pre-trip report or trip report at all. I LOVE WDW. I have been going since 1974 when I was 4. I lived 3 hours away until we moved to Ga in 1996. We went once or twice for a day or two but my renewed love came during an impromptu Spring break trip in 2009. I discovered disboards and tour guide mike. For that trip it was me, my dd (5 yrs old), mom, and brother (9 yrs old). I rented points and stayed at SSR. We had a great time and because of my planning, we did everything we wanted despite the crowds. Last year I was having a tough year at school (I am a teacher) and needed a break. The Friday before Thanksgiving week (we get the whole week off) I saw someone renting points for a GREAT rate and booked it. We stayed at SSR and AKV. My dd and ds (15) and I had a great time. Again, planning and a rainy MK day allowed us to have a great time! This year I was waivering between Spring Break (first week of April, 2011) or before Thanksgiving. Logistically its easier for me to take this week because my ds has a different spring break so that week he'll need rides to and from school and baseball. This just works better and will probably be less crowded anyhow. And I just LOVE WDW at Christmas.

This trip it is just me and my dd. Its a girl's trip. My ds can't miss school and my dh can't take off work and we have nobody to watch the dogs. Plus, my dh hates disney (the horror, I know). I love the Christmas decorations and seeing the castle lit up, its sooo beautiful.

Here are the details:

Dates: 11/18 - 11/23 (Thurs.-Tues.)
Hotel: Pop Century (got the $200 gift card, I ran all the numbers and this
was best for us)
DDP: We are going with the QSDP. It suits our needs better, dd is not a big
eater. The extra snacks and mug will be great for us.
Tickets: I went with the 6 day MYW, no hopper. I debated and debated,
looked at the crowd projections and best parks and decided to
spend that money on something else)
Special event: Thursday, 11/18 MVMCP!!! Did this instead of hoppers.

Plan:

Thurs. arrive around noon. Check in, maybe swim, head to party around 4.
Friday: DHS, maybe DTD that night.
Sat: Epcot
Sun: MK
Mon.: AK
Tues.: MK, then head home later in the afternoon.

Things we haven't done but want to (older ds wasn't interested last time)

Nemo Show
Lion King Show
more character meets/photos

I really debated about the park hoppers but felt the money was better spent on the party. Hopefully being a Thurs. night it won't be too crowded. Last year we didn't do the party. We arrived the Sunday before Thanksgiving and it really wasn't too crowded until maybe Wednesday. So hopefully by taking the 2 days off (Thurs. and Friday) before the break will see some lower crowds. Plus, I am well versed in fast passes and planning. We are early mornning people, so rope drop always just happens naturally.

So, that's it. We are soooo excited and my dh is not, lol. He thinks my love of Disney is weird. Girls Trip 2010!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter