November 11th French Public Holiday

mummybear

Mouseketeer
We are looking at the possibility of going to DLP on 11th November, the price is really good (Thanks Elstoleno for posting the Flash Sale :thumbsup2)

I know it is a French Public Holiday, but wondered if anyone has been at this time, and wondered how busy we can expect it to be.

The past few trips we've had have been during peak times, so we can cope with queues, but if it was going to be extremely busy, it may be best giving it a miss.

I'd be grateful for any replies :)

I've been, and my honest advise would be not to do a day trip then, or a quick trip! Its one of the busiest in the whole of the calender and its packed to the hilt. I mean packed. People even tske time off work after ad its a major holiday in France. The days leading up to it are very very quiet, I'd try and do one of those if you could. We almost had the parks to ourselves!

Thanks for the quick reply Lisa.

Ooh, don't know what to do now. We were looking at going Mon-Thurs, but if it's not just busy on the Bank Holiday itself, but afterwards aswell....:sick:

Looked at going a few days earlier, but it's my daughters birthday, and we've a Party booked (and paid) Oh, bother, but I'm glad I asked ;)

Hi
We were there from 10th to 14th november 2006 and it was not busy at all on the 11th or anytime that we were there.

I was there on Armistice Day last year and in 2011 - very very busy. Only time I've ever seen it that busy was Boxing Day 2006 - height of summer was like off season compared to November 11th.

Thanks for the quick reply Lisa.

Ooh, don't know what to do now. We were looking at going Mon-Thurs, but if it's not just busy on the Bank Holiday itself, but afterwards aswell....:sick:

Looked at going a few days earlier, but it's my daughters birthday, and we've a Party booked (and paid) Oh, bother, but I'm glad I asked ;)

can you go the following week and still get the good prices etc?

Hi everyone :wave2: I'm really worried now I've read this....we are going for our first Christmas season trip on 12th to 15th November. I thought if we avoided 11th and the weekend we'd be doing ok and crowds would be pretty light :sad:

We're arriving on the 11th until the 15th.
Was hoping to get straight to the park after check in to make sure we ride the tea cups before they shut down for refurb.
Really hope the roads and park won't be too busy.

We're arriving on the 11th until the 15th. Was hoping to get straight to the park after check in to make sure we ride the tea cups before they shut down for refurb. Really hope the roads and park won't be too busy.

We're there exact same time and hoped to do the same, there are a few rides shut from the 12th that we hoped to do on arrival. Bit scared now. :-/

cazspence said:
We're there exact same time and hoped to do the same, there are a few rides shut from the 12th that we hoped to do on arrival. Bit scared now. :-/

Don't fret the park is open until 9pm on the 11th so check in ,put your comfy shoes on and get ready to run and queue :-)
Might even see you in the queue :P

We don't arrive until about 3pm and have cafe Mickey booked for 6.30 so only have a few hours! Panic. Lol

cazspence said:
We don't arrive until about 3pm and have cafe Mickey booked for 6.30 so only have a few hours! Panic. Lol

Same time arrival as us Haha
You should still be able to squeeze the tea cups in I'm sure :-)

Lol we will probably see u at the tea cups then. We have a tight schedule for the first 3 days because of the closures that week lol. I have it all written down already. I'm sad. Lol

cazspence said:
Lol we will probably see u at the tea cups then. We have a tight schedule for the first 3 days because of the closures that week lol. I have it all written down already. I'm sad. Lol

Nothing wrong with planning its something im going to have to do very soon.
From what I've seen the only thing they won't be riding is Buzz Lightyear

I know I was so disappointed, that's our favourite ride. I'm hoping that it may actually open on the 15th unlikely I know, but I can hope.

I went on the 11th Nov in 2010 and I've never seen it so busy in my entire life! It was manic everywhere :scared1: It was really a day to sit back and take in the scenery because all the rides were hour long queues as the minimum. I really wouldn't recommend it if you could go a week later because it really doesn't allow for the best experience!

disneykid123 said:
I went on the 11th Nov in 2010 and I've never seen it so busy in my entire life! It was manic everywhere :scared1: It was really a day to sit back and take in the scenery because all the rides were hour long queues as the minimum. I really wouldn't recommend it if you could go a week later because it really doesn't allow for the best experience!

I was there too - and I was so glad I had three days to get a lot done before the manic crowds hit! The whole next four days were impossible as many took it off as a long weekend :-/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter