November 14, 2015 Fantasy Western

I will organize the FE exchange if no one has volunteered already.

Since this is our first cruise, I wanted to ask some questions before deciding to participate in FEs. It's been a while since you said you would organize this and I just wanted to see if this still stands before I start asking questions. THANKS!!

Travelling with me will be my dh, dd(11) & dd(14). My youngest daughter turns 11 on this cruise and she can't wait to hit Edge.

This will be our second Western Fantasy cruise. We were planning to do the Eastern this time because the idea of an extra sea day was appealing. We changed our minds the day before booking opened however, because we wanted to visit Jamaica this time (last time we went to Costa Maya), and we figured if we don't get off the boat on the Grand Cayman day, it will be even better than a sea day, because the boat will be less full :cool1:

We were able to get a corner aft room this time, and I am really looking forward to the large verandah, but if I am being honest, the thing I am looking forward to most is my evening martini in Skyline :rolleyes1

Skyliner, our favorite spot for a nightcap! We will see you there.

Please add me to your list. It will be myself, DH, DMIL, and DFIL. This is our 2nd time on the Fantasy, and we can't wait!

Hi!
We just booked this cruise today and found this thread while looking for Disney cruise information :). We are long time fans of Walt Disney World- visiting often as a child, then yearly with my husband and now once or twice a year with our 3 year old daughter- but we have never been on a Disney cruise (or any cruise for that matter). We will be doing our WDW trip in September and then the cruise in November to celebrate mine and our daughter's birthdays!
I look forward to learning all the ins and outs of Disney cruises from you all!

Oh- and in the interest of full disclosure, I am a Disney vacation planner (and although I can book cruises for people, for obvious reasons I specialize in WDW planning since that is what I know so well), but I am NOT here to try and get clients, I am here to learn from you all about cruises so me and my family can have a great trip!

Last edited:

I'm a single mom (55) taking my son (15) on this cruise. I know that much of our time will be him in the Vibe and me....well....not in the Vibe. Are any other single parents going and wanting to explore the ship while kids are in their clubs? Let me know! btw...I know that there is a thread for "singles" at Disney; (and I have also posted this on there) but it is open to ALL park goers, cruises, activities, etc. Just wanted to put it out there for THIS specific cruise. Thanks for letting me ask!

Hi guys, I am new this site, I ave been on 6 cruises and have never done the fish extender but would like to be included. It is SG (Auntie) myself LG ad my special needs daughter who is 14 HG. Is anyone doing a list? How does tis work? Any help would be great.

Hi guys, I am new this site, I ave been on 6 cruises and have never done the fish extender but would like to be included. It is SG (Auntie) myself LG ad my special needs daughter who is 14 HG. Is anyone doing a list? How does tis work? Any help would be great.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward to organize a FE for this cruise recently here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

We moved our dummy bookings to this cruise too. It's my big 40th birthday bash cruise. It'll be me , my mother, my brother, my nephew (11), my brother's girlfriend and her son (11). I think my father and his girlfriend are booking and a friend of my brother's and his family. It'll be our second western on fantasy too. We've also done eastern. Can't wait. Something like 540 days. Lol.

Hey! 40th Birthday Bashes seem to be a trend for this cruise! We're celebrating our big birthdays too, husband is turning 40 and I'm turning 30! Never thought we'd take a Disney Cruise for it, but decided a family vacation with the two little ones was in order :)
Congrats on your 40th birthday bash, celebrations all around!

We just booked this cruise yesterday! This is our second cruise on the Fantasy, we did the Eastern Caribbean in November 2013, and can't wait to it again! We are a group of 5, me, my husband, two daughters (11 and 8), and my mother-in-law. My 11 year old can't wait to hit the Edge! That's all she wanted she wanted to talk about We are also using this for a big birthday bash, my husbands 50th and my 40th. 260 more days!

Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise and I'm so excited! It will be me and my husband, and we'll be celebrating our second anniversary!:love: Our anniversary is Nov 30th but we didn't want to travel over thanksgiving. I have been to wdw many many times and have recently converted my husband to a wdw lover as well. This is our first disney cruise and my first ocean cruise. I am most excited for the restaurants (particularly Palo!), a spa treatment :cloud9: , and castaway cay. I'm hoping to book dinner with wine pairings at Palo. I also really want to join a fish extender group! Is there anyone in this group that has done a fish extender before that would be willing to organize it? Only 8 more months!!

Last night I received an email that someone had posted they would organize the FEs for this cruise. I didn't save the email because I knew I would be on the thread today and would see it then. Unfortunately, now I'm not seeing it. :( Can anyone update us on this???

Is anyone organizing the FE For this cruise? Or shall I take on the responsibility.....i am willing to try...?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I have done it in the past and it was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. My son was always excited to find something hanging outside our stateroom every time we went back. It is absolutely one of the best ideas anyone has come up with! Can I get a roll call of how many people are actually INTERESTED in participating and # of persons per family including age etc. I will begin making an excel template for the list. I will be anxiously waiting for everyones reply! btw the group i participated in previously had over 80 families.!!!!! it was SUPER EXCITING putting the gifts together. I got things like hand crafted picture frames, a lot of magnets, candies from different places around the world, toys just to name a few. any questions, go ahead and ask!!! i work night shift, so my replies will mainly be around this hour LOL!

Last edited:
Is anyone organizing the FE For this cruise? Or shall I take on the responsibility.....i am willing to try...?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I have done it in the past and it was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. My son was always excited to find something hanging outside our stateroom every time we went back. It is absolutely one of the best ideas anyone has come up with! Can I get a roll call of how many people are actually INTERESTED in participating and # of persons per family including age etc. I will begin making an excel template for the list. I will be anxiously waiting for everyones reply! btw the group i participated in previously had over 80 families.!!!!! it was SUPER EXCITING putting the gifts together. I got things like hand crafted picture frames, a lot of magnets, candies from different places around the world, toys just to name a few. any questions, go ahead and ask!!! i work night shift, so my replies will mainly be around this hour LOL!

My son (15) and I (55) are interested. Let me know what other info you need. This is our first cruise and we are VERY EXCITED to be involved!!!

We will be on this same cruise! The kids are so pumped to go, I swear they can tell me more. We are wanting to join the FE group. In my group is Marilyn (68), Jay (39), Jenn (37), Ally (12), Aidan (10) and Jaseena (4).
Looking forward to hearing more....

Hi everyone! I just paid the deposit on our first disney cruise! we are excited to be going. It will be me, DH, and DS who will be 8 but turning 9 the next week. We are not doing the fish extender as getting the trip ready is enough since it is during my busiest season for my business. We are on;y planning to do an excursion in Jamaica and maybe just hitting the shops or beaches in the other ports.

Hello everyone. My wife and I will be on this cruise, it will be our 2nd Disney cruise. We are celebrating our 1st Anniversary this time. The first cruise was on the Dream and we were on our honeymoon. Looking forward to visiting the Caribbean since neither of us have been there before.

WE ARE SO EXCITED.

My wife and I are going on our first Disney Cruise!!!!!

We are flying from Los Angeles to Jacksonville, Fl for a friends wedding and we just had to take the opportunity.
Can anyone suggest the best way from Jacksonville to port?

If any of you want to meet for a drink we will be totally down.

We can not wait to meet all of you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter