November 2012 Car Rental Deals

Anyone getting a good National code?

I've got a Midsize (Emerald Aisle) reserved for Nov 26-Dec 1st for $224 using the KLM code.

Hoping to get it below $200.....

I just got a rental (compact) for my mother from Nov. 21-Dec. 3 (12 days) on Hotwire for $217 (including all taxes/fees). I normally always find cheaper rentals directly through the agency, but I couldn't find anything for less than $350 for that timeframe. The reservation is from Alamo. Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else is looking for a last minute reservation!

We are planning a last minute trip over Thanksgiving week (Wed 21st to Wed 28th). I've been scouring the car rentals rates and managed to get a Budget car for a week for $188. Does this seem reasonable for this time period, or should I continue looking daily? I just don't want to spin my wheels! This is for a Full Size

Alamo prices went up for the time we are going....11/27-12/7.
I got a Standard for $187.72, including taxes, fees, etc.
I used #7015504 & Visa code #AD2338FDF
Now the prices are over $350. I thought they were supposed to go down the closer you got to the date...??
I'm happy with my $187.72 for 11 days.

Did I hear correctly that Alamo does NOT have a Standard aisle and you upgrade to a Full-size? Want to make sure I pick in the correct aisle....
Thanks - Karen

.....Did I hear correctly that Alamo does NOT have a Standard aisle and you upgrade to a Full-size? Want to make sure I pick in the correct aisle....
Thanks - Karen
That is correct. They do not have standard size there so if you book a standard, you get a full size.

Forgive me if I am asking a dumb question. I have never rented from Budget before. Thanks to Webworm, I was able to book a mini-van at my local airport (MHT) for $337 for a week 11/20-11/26 Pick up noon, drop off 6pm. I used x474200 and coupon MUGZ029. Whether I use the coupon code or not the rate is still $337. Is this one of those coupons when you get the $30 when you return the car? I am renting the mini-van either way as this is a great deal, just want to understand it.

ETA - I went back a couple pages and found my answer, yes $30 when you return the car. $307, not a bad deal. Sorry I asked, I should have looked first.

A week out and Alamo is still crazy high for 11/28-12/3/12.
$300+ is just too much.
I will keep and eye open though as Alamo has a tendency to drop at any given moment

emma9630 said:
I got my reservation down, it's for 11/23-11/30 (plus 4 hours) at MCO, standard car $135 with Alamo.

I used the insiders and Mastercard $30 coupon. I have discovered that Sundays and Monday morning first thing are when Alamo prices are way down, come mid day on Monday they go back up for the rest of the week. Try on Sunday this weekend.

What time on Sunday? Alamo and National have been sky high for me and I check several times daily. Thanks!

A week out and Alamo is still crazy high for 11/28-12/3/12.
$300+ is just too much.
I will keep and eye open though as Alamo has a tendency to drop at any given moment

Try Budget using wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for fullsize is $176 inc taxes after e-coupon is applied when return vehicle.

What time on Sunday? Alamo and National have been sky high for me and I check several times daily. Thanks!

Unfortunately since I posted this I haven't seen it come down again for us, even with the last minute specials I can't get anywhere near the $135 we got. Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter