NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no FD for us, but since today is my birthday I am going to call again. Maybe I will get some birthday pixie dust.

Still no FD for us, but since today is my birthday I am going to call again. Maybe I will get some birthday pixie dust.

Also wishing you some pixie dust also!! Happy Birthday!! I would glady give you my PIN I received if I could. Wonder if I could transfer it to you?? Anyway, wishing you a happy day!!

Happy Birthday! Id let you use mine BUT I already have 4 rooms booked with it and it only allows 3 so I dont know how I was able to get the 4th :upsidedow pixiedust: sending TONS of PIXIE DUST TO YOU!!!!! pixiedust:

Also wishing you some pixie dust also!! Happy Birthday!! I would glady give you my PIN I received if I could. Wonder if I could transfer it to you?? Anyway, wishing you a happy day!!

The only way to transfer a PIN is if the PIN holder calls and says they want to add FDing to another room and one of the dates HAS to overlap. Then you would need all of her info:upsidedow

What are your dates? I would be willing to add another room to the FD PIN I have if your dates coincide with ours.....we are going from 11/15-11/22. Just let me know if you would like to do this. My email is in my signature below...have a great day! :)

Me too!! Really hoping to get a PIN soon... We are booked with DxDDP but can't afford it unless FD comes out or I get a pin.... I've called 3x per week for like 2 months! My mom is going with us to celebrate her first and probably only trip and she is soooo excited about the awesome restaurants! We are going 11/26-12/5!

What are your dates? I would be willing to add another room to the FD PIN I have if your dates coincide with ours.....we are going from 11/15-11/22. Just let me know if you would like to do this. My email is in my signature below...have a great day! :)

That was really sweet of you. We are there before you so it would not work out, but that was really nice to offer. I know we will get a pin or a general public offer. I just have to wait my turn. :cool1:

I'm pretty sure the first weekend we are there (nov 9-17) will be crazy with NJ week ending, F&W ending and the marathon, but then I think the rest of the week should be good. My family is running the 5K Saturday morning and then I think we'll hang around SSR and DTD. Will probably attempt a park Sunday, but won't stay if it's too crazy, probably try and do RD and head out early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
I totally understand the $10,000! Flights from Canada are super expensive, I've just booked 4 of us from western Canada and flights alone are over $2500!

come on free dining...need to make it up somewhere!
Oooo... Canada! Now I get it

Actually its not fights.. I am pretty much flying fro free.. used Air Miles all I have to pay is taxes

Staying at Allstar music 8 nights $2000
9 days hopper passes $1500
Deluxe dinning ( i have an autistic child) he need time to sit. $3000
air fare $850
Dolphins depth for 13yr old $450
MVMCP $350
bbb $200
tips approx $1000

close to $9000 there and I know theres more to come plus spending money

Come on FD :)

What would you do?

OK, normally I hate credit cards, but I realize they are a necessary evil to some extent in today's world. As I have been rebuilding my credit over the last couple of years due to my last marriage, I recently started to get some good CC apps in the mail, and decided to do a couple for the purpose of using them on the trip instead of carrying a bunch of cash and my debit card, and then pay the bill off when I get home, but I got an interesting e-mail last night from the Citi Card I am getting.

Basically, they are offering 10% Cash Back for $100 gift cards purchased. Now I do not know if that is bought anywhere, or through them, or if they limit the amount spent, etc, but since I still owe $1300 on the trip which I have budgeted to pay off in July and August (entire trip w/ airfare is being done by cash via a budget worksheet), what's the harm in doing it via Disney Gift Card ($100 at a time) if I am getting $130 back, especially if I am paying the card off every month so no interest is charged?

What would you do?

OK, normally I hate credit cards, but I realize they are a necessary evil to some extent in today's world. As I have been rebuilding my credit over the last couple of years due to my last marriage, I recently started to get some good CC apps in the mail, and decided to do a couple for the purpose of using them on the trip instead of carrying a bunch of cash and my debit card, and then pay the bill off when I get home, but I got an interesting e-mail last night from the Citi Card I am getting.

Basically, they are offering 10% Cash Back for $100 gift cards purchased. Now I do not know if that is bought anywhere, or through them, or if they limit the amount spent, etc, but since I still owe $1300 on the trip which I have budgeted to pay off in July and August (entire trip w/ airfare is being done by cash via a budget worksheet), what's the harm in doing it via Disney Gift Card ($100 at a time) if I am getting $130 back, especially if I am paying the card off every month so no interest is charged?

It sounds like a good deal. I know you can enter gift cards right on Disney's website to pay off your room/package. I have been able to use both Disney gift cards and Visa gift cards.

I am super excited to be planning my first WDW trip. I would love to be added to this thread. I will be there Nov. 5 to 14 staying at the Poly with my mom and my DD who will be turning 4 right after our trip. We are also attending MVMCP on Nov. 12. I don't know how I will pass the time till Nov but I'm sure being on the Dis will help!!

It sounds like a good deal. I know you can enter gift cards right on Disney's website to pay off your room/package. I have been able to use both Disney gift cards and Visa gift cards.

We did gift cards from Giant Eagle last trip when they were doing $.20 off gas for every $50 spent. Between that and a couple of gas cans, I did not need to buy gas for the entire summer of 2010, LOL

I know this was a few pages ago, just trying to catch up! In NJ, teachers can attend a huge teachers' convention in Atlantic City on the Thurs and Fri of the 1st full week of Nov. Kids/teachers get a 4 day weekend. This coming Nov is special b/c all kids/teachers will have off for voting Tues the same week, making it only a 2 day week for some schools and some schools just giving everyone the whole week off. I would expect more Jersey folks than usual during this Nov. week. My NJ family will be there! :cool1:
This NJ family will be there too:) Unfortunately our school district decided not to close for Election Day this year so DD will be missing 3 days of school instead of just 2 like I was hoping for. She's in HS so I really only wanted her to miss 2 days.

Happy Birthday!

I'm pretty sure the first weekend we are there (nov 9-17) will be crazy with NJ week ending, F&W ending and the marathon, but then I think the rest of the week should be good. My family is running the 5K Saturday morning and then I think we'll hang around SSR and DTD. Will probably attempt a park Sunday, but won't stay if it's too crazy, probably try and do RD and head out early.

I think the 9th and 10th will be a little crazy but it should start dying down after that and your week should be fabulous! Just an FYI, Festival of the Masters is doing on in DTD the 9th-11th. I'm not sure what crowds are like for that. I was originally planning on avoiding DTD during that time but it seems like it will be the only time that DTD fits our schedule so we may just go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamini View Post
I totally understand the $10,000! Flights from Canada are super expensive, I've just booked 4 of us from western Canada and flights alone are over $2500!

come on free dining...need to make it up somewhere!
Oooo... Canada! Now I get it

Actually its not fights.. I am pretty much flying fro free.. used Air Miles all I have to pay is taxes

Staying at Allstar music 8 nights $2000
9 days hopper passes $1500
Deluxe dinning ( i have an autistic child) he need time to sit. $3000
air fare $850
Dolphins depth for 13yr old $450
MVMCP $350
bbb $200
tips approx $1000

close to $9000 there and I know theres more to come plus spending money

Come on FD :)
Things can really add up. DH keeps asking for a spreadsheet of my Disney spending. I keep avoiding giving it to him, lol.

We have a group of 10 going to WDW (2 families). I just ordered the Photopass+, is there anyway to get all of our photos on there? If we seperate, can I give the other family my pass number so we have access to all of the photos?

Is this confusing anyone? haha.

Thanks...

Sounds like a great deal BUT (there always has to be a but :lmao: )....I would call Citi & ask. There may be a limit on the amount of gift cards you can purchase at the 10% rebate. The 10% rebate will be applied as a credit (probably after you pay it off) on your statement after a certain time (30, 60, 90 days). Read the mouse print, it might reveal the details.

I just realized that this thread (#2) is on page 215 already and mommyof3 just opened it on April 24th. :rotfl2: Looks like it is going to take at least 3 threads to get all of us to Disney in Nov. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter