NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked my November trip (Nov 24-Dec 2) on Monday, and called Disney this evening to see if there were any PINs attached to my name. A very nice CM searched for me and found one that took a little money off my balance. :thumbsup2 After getting off the phone, I did a little math and figured out that the PIN saved me 17%! Not bad... at least its something. I'm crossing my fingers for free dining though!

A question... Since I've already received a PIN, is it worth calling back every now and then to see if I have a different PIN? (i.e free dining). Or will I have no chance of getting a different PIN now because I already got one? Does anyone know?

Call, call, call. I booked our package 3 weeks ago when I called and had a 10% off package pin. I changed to FD today when I called yesterday and had that new pin. Somehow we got in pin heaven this year (I am knocking on wood while typing)...BUT never get the emails or snail mails anymore; have to call!

Okay, what can you guys tell me about crowd levels the weekend after thanksgiving through the 30th? I've heard some people say it is really crowded during that time period... others say it's wonderful... opinions?
That is the week we are going regardless of the free dining (but still praying for it)

Okay, what can you guys tell me about crowd levels the weekend after thanksgiving through the 30th? I've heard some people say it is really crowded during that time period... others say it's wonderful... opinions?
That is the week we are going regardless of the free dining (but still praying for it)

The weekend after is pretty crowded, but the further from Thanksgiving you get the less people.

Call, call, call. I booked our package 3 weeks ago when I called and had a 10% off package pin. I changed to FD today when I called yesterday and had that new pin. Somehow we got in pin heaven this year (I am knocking on wood while typing)...BUT never get the emails or snail mails anymore; have to call!

Yes, you should call back. We have been through 3 different pins already, 2 within the last 2 days.
10% Room Only
20% Room Only
Free Dining

Should I be calling Disney back every day checking for new pins?

Is anyone from Louisiana getting the FD pin? I called yesterday and didn't have any luck :(

Just checking in. I will read all the pages later. Right now I have to rest I am sooooo sore:( The uro said I have a pretty severe case of Interstital Cystitis :scared1: I hope FD hasnt gone public yet!

Should I be calling Disney back every day checking for new pins?

Yes!!

Is anyone from Louisiana getting the FD pin? I called yesterday and didn't have any luck :(

I got free dining, and I'm right outside of BR.

Just checking in. I will read all the pages later. Right now I have to rest I am sooooo sore:( The uro said I have a pretty severe case of Interstital Cystitis :scared1: I hope FD hasnt gone public yet!

I hope you have a speedy recovery. FD has not gone public that I know of. :)

Thanks for the responses! Another question...if ya don't mind :lovestruc I'm going through DU and our agent said she called for us that first day I heard about the FD pins and was told there was nothing attached. Obviously, from what y'all have been posting, I need to call daily. My TA is on vacay now so could I call myself??

And I'd like an official invite to the No Pins Club too!! :wave2: I used to receive them all the time, but my email/snail mail has been silent for quite some time! I am happy for you who got it, but I am kindof jealous! Still waiting for my dose of pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Are you in Western La? I am in southeast texas, closer to the Lake Charles area, and I haven't gotten anything--I am wondering if it's people in
Eastern La getting the pins? just a thought!!
Glad for you that part is over!! You definitely should stay off your feet for a few days and rest as much as you are able!!!!!

And I'd like an official invite to the No Pins Club too!! :wave2:

I can help you with that! :thumbsup2

Just go to our web site, fill out your profile information and save a few offers. Then sit back and watch your email. We send out invitations to join by email.

Hope to see you at our next meeting!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I got the FD pin yesterday which saved us over a grand. I just got the FD pin again this morning. This time it was under my wife's name. I am one of those people who goes every year and never gets good pins. There is hope for those who have not gotten it yet!!!!!!!

Can you tell me what the travel dates are for this pin. I am hoping we get one and hoping it covers our dates. Thanks.

Are you in Western La? I am in southeast texas, closer to the Lake Charles area, and I haven't gotten anything--I am wondering if it's people in
Eastern La getting the pins? just a thought!!

Glad for you that part is over!! You definitely should stay off your feet for a few days and rest as much as you are able!!!!!

Southeast LA here...CM yesterday checked my household and said she tried several things but nothing was popping up...she was nice enough to tell me my communications were enabled so I would either get an email or snail mail if I were offered a pin

If I booked a room-only reservation (just as a place holder) through a travel agent, should I still be calling myself to see if there's a FD pin attached to my name? Has anyone else booked through a TA and then successfully gotten FD yourself? Just wondering if I'm better off cutting out the TA and just doing this on my own....

If I booked a room-only reservation (just as a place holder) through a travel agent, should I still be calling myself to see if there's a FD pin attached to my name? Has anyone else booked through a TA and then successfully gotten FD yourself? Just wondering if I'm better off cutting out the TA and just doing this on my own....

We are using a TA but I called myself to inquire about the FD pin so I wasn't bothering her everyday. I called 3 Xs this week and finally received the FD pin. I then asked for the pin # and gave it to our TA to apply it to our reservations. If I had to do it over again I would have booked everything myself, not that she isn't great but it just cuts out the middleman.

We are using a TA but I called myself to inquire about the FD pin so I wasn't bothering her everyday. I called 3 Xs this week and finally received the FD pin. I then asked for the pin # and gave it to our TA to apply it to our reservations. If I had to do it over again I would have booked everything myself, not that she isn't great but it just cuts out the middleman.

Cool, thanks natter. I'll keep trying. :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter