NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is official, I was worried we would have to cancel with airfare being double the price of what it has been in the past, only 1 slight hiccup......

Well, from Dallas Love Field to Orlando (MCO) for both me & my 16 year old son, with Southwest, it came to a total of $514 !!!! Which is just about what I paid last year to fly American Airlines.

The only hiccup, to get a Direct (they don't have non-stop with Southwest out of Dallas Love Field) flight with only 1 stop & NO PLANE CHANGE, there was ONLY one time frame & that was flying out at 3:30 pm & arriving in Orlando Florida at 8:50 PM. That is the hiccup, we have in the past 10 years always flown with American Airlines & left at 6:00 AM & arrived on our very first day at 9:30 am, so we have basically lost a WHOLE day having to switch to Southwest Airlines. :(

But American Airlines prices are out the roof !!! And they are still in "limbo" with their business decisions. The total fare if we flew with American Airlines non-stop is approx $700-800 total, so we had no choice but to choose Southwest, I hope all goes well with choosing Southwest, we have never flown with them.

But at least we are GOING !!!!! It really feels official now !!!

I'm so glad you could find a flight that can get you to Disney!

I had the same problem this year - the times weren't working very well for me. We ended up with a stopover AND an evening arrival. Like a true Disney-addict, I solved the problem of losing a day by adding another!

I heard on another thread on here be our guest will be taking adr october 1st,
wondering if its true, disney got everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for the announcement:surfweb:

I seen for the firework & parade schedule there is only 1 fantasmic time for 6:30, i know last year calendars all had second show ay 8pm, just wondering if it would be that way this year any info? thanks

I seen for the firework & parade schedule there is only 1 fantasmic time for 6:30, i know last year calendars all had second show ay 8pm, just wondering if it would be that way this year any info? thanks

Normally they add additional Fantasmic times the closer you get. I'm thinking about 6+wks out.

Just to let you know...I have changed our booking to Nov- 15-22nd. With all the talk of the holiday events, I didn't want the girls to miss any of it- My youngest Rachel has off that whole week of Thanksgiving and I was able to move everything including the Free Dining Plan...so YAY!!!! I am so excited for my family- they have never experienced a holiday at WDW and this will be so special for them. I can't wait to tell Sarah this fantastic news as soon as I get off the phone with Disney dining to have everything changed.

One question....we want to reserve the dining package for the Candlelight Processional- when can I expect them to begin booking?? Thanks so much. can you please make the change for me on page 1- Also we will be doing MVMCP on the 16th too so you can add us there too. Again thanks again, I truly do appreciate it.

Have a great night everyone!!

Unfortunately, CLP does not start until Friday, Nov 23rd. Looks like you will miss it by one day.:sad1:

Now that it looks like we will be doing CP on Dec 1, I am thinking about maybe going to MK on Dec 2 my question is if the tapeing of the Christmas Parade is completed on 12/1(rain date is 12/2) does the large tree and garland go up on Main St overnight ? Anyone been before ? I really would like to see MK fully decked out but not sure how soon they put up the big tree and DH does not want to go to MK on our last day(12/3) and have to rush back for ME pickup at 4:30:confused3

You can't just add the additional $69.95 to your existing order? What can you do with a $100 credit for photopass? Or do they just give you the $100 credit so you can add the additional $70 to purchase the PLUS??

I called them up, they put a $99.95 credit in my account and I ordered the pp+ and I had to pay the difference of $70

We are headed to WDW on November 15th until November 25th. We are staying in the Little Mermaid section of AoA. We are Pop fans but I want to try the new resort out :yay: We will attend the MVMCP on November 15th. Can't wait :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I write this as I am on hold with Disney... I booked our family trip through DU. I really want free dining this trip!! Our agent has called a couple of times to check for me, no dice. But especially after reading so many of your comments about calling and getting FD, I want to call EVERY day to check...but I don't expect that our agent should have to do that! I called once, while she was on vacay, and they wouldn't talk to me because they could tell that my ressie was being handled by a TA (Apparently my conf# started with an 8). At that time, I wanted to change our resort. But I wonder if they will allow me to check for any PINs?? Anyone else had any experience with this? :confused3 I'm goin crazy!

I write this as I am on hold with Disney... I booked our family trip through DU. I really want free dining this trip!! Our agent has called a couple of times to check for me, no dice. But especially after reading so many of your comments about calling and getting FD, I want to call EVERY day to check...but I don't expect that our agent should have to do that! I called once, while she was on vacay, and they wouldn't talk to me because they could tell that my ressie was being handled by a TA (Apparently my conf# started with an 8). At that time, I wanted to change our resort. But I wonder if they will allow me to check for any PINs?? Anyone else had any experience with this? :confused3 I'm goin crazy!

Don't give your confirmation, just say you want to check for a pin.

Unfortunately, CLP does not start until Friday, Nov 23rd. Looks like you will miss it by one day.:sad1:

No, we will be heading over to Universal on the 22nd but still be in the area....so we will head over to that event on 23rd for the Candlelight Processional!! We actually leave for home on the 25th. So happy we will not miss it at all!!

I called them up, they put a $99.95 credit in my account and I ordered the pp+ and I had to pay the difference of $70

Hi, I got FD!!!! My sisters decided to come too & she recieved a pin!!!! So we all got it. Thanks!
I am also pre-ordering the photopass could you let me know how you got the discount?

Thanks!

No, we will be heading over to Universal on the 22nd but still be in the area....so we will head over to that event on 23rd for the Candlelight Processional!! We actually leave for home on the 25th. So happy we will not miss it at all!!

That's great! I guess I didn't remember you were doing that. LOL I love the CLP. Been lucky enough to have seen it 3 or 4 times.

Well, it is official, I was worried we would have to cancel with airfare being double the price of what it has been in the past, only 1 slight hiccup......

Well, from Dallas Love Field to Orlando (MCO) for both me & my 16 year old son, with Southwest, it came to a total of $514 !!!! Which is just about what I paid last year to fly American Airlines.

The only hiccup, to get a Direct (they don't have non-stop with Southwest out of Dallas Love Field) flight with only 1 stop & NO PLANE CHANGE, there was ONLY one time frame & that was flying out at 3:30 pm & arriving in Orlando Florida at 8:50 PM. That is the hiccup, we have in the past 10 years always flown with American Airlines & left at 6:00 AM & arrived on our very first day at 9:30 am, so we have basically lost a WHOLE day having to switch to Southwest Airlines. :(

But American Airlines prices are out the roof !!! And they are still in "limbo" with their business decisions. The total fare if we flew with American Airlines non-stop is approx $700-800 total, so we had no choice but to choose Southwest, I hope all goes well with choosing Southwest, we have never flown with them.

But at least we are GOING !!!!! It really feels official now !!!
Hey there- how did I NOT see you and that you are in PLANO too. I live in PLANO as well!!!! Where abouts are you located? I live sort of near the Park/Preston area- on the north side of Plano pkwy between Ohio and Preston. So glad that crazy hail missed us last night. DH works in near DFW and said he saw so many cars with their windows busted out last night!

I haven't booked yet as we really are holding out for AA and prefer to fly direct with a 4yo and my legally blind mom. Getting on and off would just be hard for her. Plus, we hate wasting all that time, but the deals with SW are good considering prices right now. I've been stalking AA- they were at $440 RT direct, but i just noticed this week it dropped just a little- like less than $40 but still that's something and a move in the right direction!

at least you get free luggage!!!! :goodvibes

Now that it looks like we will be doing CP on Dec 1, I am thinking about maybe going to MK on Dec 2 my question is if the tapeing of the Christmas Parade is completed on 12/1(rain date is 12/2) does the large tree and garland go up on Main St overnight ? Anyone been before ? I really would like to see MK fully decked out but not sure how soon they put up the big tree and DH does not want to go to MK on our last day(12/3) and have to rush back for ME pickup at 4:30:confused3
The garland is already up since that is a part of the MVMCP that start earlier in November. It is only the tree that they put up for the parade (and it stays after). You should see MK all decked out (minus the tree) by November 9th when the first party is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter