NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ADR quandary. :scared1: I booked Hoop Dee Doo, but have since found out I won't have time to make it from there to MK in time for MSEP, which is an absolute MUST. So... I either have to forgo HDD or cancel Whispering Canyon. Decision...decisions... :confused3

Suggestions, please! :confused:

I agree with mommyof3; book HDDR but just do it earlier. The first show is at 4:00 so that would give you plenty of time to hop on the boat to MK and make the 7:00 MSEP. OR you could book it for after the parade. I think the last show is at 8:30. Not sure how long MSEP runs but you may want to be close to the train station so you can try to beat the crowd leaving.

I think we are going the same week, which day were you wanting to do HDDR (Tues/Wed)? We will be there on Tuesday:cheer2:

I received a Pin yesterday for free dining but it excludes November 2nd to November 8th. What is happening during this time??

I have been patiently waiting for free dining and we can arrange our trip to check in prior to November 2nd but I do not want to arrive at an exceptionally busy time.

Does anyone know why Disney would exclude these dates?

Thanks for any information!! :confused:

I'm so beyond excited right now...:banana: :dance3: :cool1: I'm overseeing our family trip (of 11 adults total!!) and have honestly been so jealous of all your FD PINs. I've called a few times, to no avail. This morning I figured I'd try it again...YES!! I have it attached to my info! Nov. 9-15th. And we are staying at AoA which is included. I'm on freakin' cloud nine!!! Just saved my family tons! :woohoo: Goes to show, pixie dust will come to us all in time.

I received a Pin yesterday for free dining but it excludes November 2nd to November 8th. What is happening during this time??

I have been patiently waiting for free dining and we can arrange our trip to check in prior to November 2nd but I do not want to arrive at an exceptionally busy time.

Does anyone know why Disney would exclude these dates?

Thanks for any information!! :confused:

Its Jersey Week. Each year normally the Thursday & Friday of the first Full week of November the New Jersey school system has a teachers convention and the children are out of school those days. Parents normally pull their children from school the days leading up to it to enjoy the week at Disney.

natter said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Mom2

I have an ADR quandary. I booked Hoop Dee Doo, but have since found out I won't have time to make it from there to MK in time for MSEP, which is an absolute MUST. So... I either have to forgo HDD or cancel Whispering Canyon. Decision...decisions...

Suggestions, please!

I agree with mommyof3; book HDDR but just do it earlier. The first show is at 4:00 so that would give you plenty of time to hop on the boat to MK and make the 7:00 MSEP. OR you could book it for after the parade. I think the last show is at 8:30. Not sure how long MSEP runs but you may want to be close to the train station so you can try to beat the crowd leaving.

I think we are going the same week, which day were you wanting to do HDDR (Tues/Wed)? We will be there on Tuesday

Wed, I think.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

If Disney doesn't release some room discounts for November I'm going to look offsite!! SHEESH!! WTH is taking them so long?

Of course I would never stay offsite, I just needed to get that off of my chest, lol!!

I think I may call and see if I have a pin today, it's been a few weeks. Maybe they can help me.

Wish me luck!!

Heidi.

If Disney doesn't release some room discounts for November I'm going to look offsite!! SHEESH!! WTH is taking them so long?

Of course I would never stay offsite, I just needed to get that off of my chest, lol!!

I think I may call and see if I have a pin today, it's been a few weeks. Maybe they can help me.

Wish me luck!!

Heidi.

Good luck, Heidi!

Wish me luck!!

Heidi.

I *just* got off phone with castmember … no luck for me. I keep hoping and checking. I have altered ADRs and booked flights as if we are going down 11/1 with FD (though actually booked 11/3, but just waiting to officially get FD offer, then modifying stay to 11/1!)

Wish me luck!!

Heidi.

I got so sick of waiting that I looked into other options and ended up renting points! It is their loss, although we will still be at AKL and spending money on food and such. And I had no idea what a discount it was to rent points, we never would have been able to afford deluxe otherwise, so they may have lost me in the future as well! That is what I told the CM to put down when they asked why I was canceling my CSR reservation.

One of the things that sealed the deal for me was the blacking out of Jersey week on the pins they were sending. I am sure they will release some sort of discount but my feeling was that they would still black out Jersey week, so they can have a little less of my money this time! ;)

Could I join the party? party:

DH and I will be staying at AoA from November 7th through November 14th. I didn't realize it was Jersey Week or I would have scheduled differently. Nothing wrong with Jersey people,:flower3: but I wanted a free dining pin!! Now when I try to book online, there is no availability for Little Mermaid standard rooms for any dates I checked. Guess it's going to be full!

This trip was unexpected since we already went in April. But when Southwest put the tickets at $99, we had to take advantage, right???:rotfl: DH says we can go broke saving money!:rolleyes1

I've read through a lot of the pages and you guys seem to be a lively, fun, and knowledgeable group! Hope everyone is having lots of fun planning.

I got so sick of waiting that I looked into other options and ended up renting points! It is their loss, although we will still be at AKL and spending money on food and such. And I had no idea what a discount it was to rent points, we never would have been able to afford deluxe otherwise, so they may have lost me in the future as well! That is what I told the CM to put down when they asked why I was canceling my CSR reservation.

We did the same thing for AKL and told the CM as well... I hope they don't decide to take away owners rights to do so since they lose almost 50% over rack rate. :sad2:

We did the same thing for AKL and told the CM as well... I hope they don't decide to take away owners rights to do so since they lose almost 50% over rack rate. :sad2:

Well, at first I said I was renting DVC and the CM didn't know what that was... :rolleyes1 and then thought it would be best not to tell Disney that I was going that route, so I told her to just put that I cancelled because they didn't get me a discount! Take that! :lmao:

One of the things that sealed the deal for me was the blacking out of Jersey week on the pins they were sending. I am sure they will release some sort of discount but my feeling was that they would still black out Jersey week, so they can have a little less of my money this time! ;)

Way to go! Good job going out and getting your own discount! A lot of people seem to be tired of the discount waiting game this year.

I'm renting points for the first time this year, too! We added a few days on to the start of our trip at AKL. We're a family of five, so it's still a little expensive, but much less expensive than two rooms would be at AKL! I've always used the Swan and Dolphin as my "discount insurance" because I can usually get a good rate there, even when Disney isn't discounting. But I'm really excited to have a new option that can get me "officially" on property.

Wish me luck!!

Heidi.

It is still really early for Disney to release though. In many years, things haven't been released till Aug...sometimes July... They release deals to fill unfilled rooms.

Wish me luck!!

Heidi.

some ppl have had some luck with inquiring about the email that was posted on here. Some-not so much. Some ppl seem to ask the right questions I think to be offered it. pming you

It is still really early for Disney to release though. In many years, things haven't been released till Aug...sometimes July... They release deals to fill unfilled rooms.

I'm thinking FD came out in August last year, but the room only discounts didn't come out until October.

Could I join the party? party:

DH and I will be staying at AoA from November 7th through November 14th. I didn't realize it was Jersey Week or I would have scheduled differently. Nothing wrong with Jersey people,:flower3: but I wanted a free dining pin!! Now when I try to book online, there is no availability for Little Mermaid standard rooms for any dates I checked. Guess it's going to be full!

This trip was unexpected since we already went in April. But when Southwest put the tickets at $99, we had to take advantage, right???:rotfl: DH says we can go broke saving money!:rolleyes1

I've read through a lot of the pages and you guys seem to be a lively, fun, and knowledgeable group! Hope everyone is having lots of fun planning.

:welcome: :wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter