NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to ask a question...technically our stay is from 11/15-11/22, we will still be in area but at Universal for the 1st night of the CLP- we will be coming over to EPCOT for that event. I know we have 14 days from 1st use to use our passes for park....what about the dining? We will each have 2 credits left so that we can use them for the dining package. Is that still permissable to use even though our resort stay has concluded?? Or will we need to pay out of pocket for this, which I would prefer not to do...thanks

Your dining credits expire at midnight the day you check out.

Really hoping for some pixie dust today. I have to phone Disney anyway (they've got our ME info wrong for the departing day) and will be asking about any FD pins. Last time I called was almost a month ago on my anniversary but that didn't help. Hopefully this time we'll have one. We just got home yesterday from the hospital. My daughter had to have another procedure done on her heart. She had open heart surgery at 8 days old and is now 3 and had to have another repair done. Mickey Mouse is her most favourite thing in the world and FD would go a long way to free up some cash for extras for our trip in November. So any extra dust, sprinkle my way please. :goodvibes

Really hoping for some pixie dust today. I have to phone Disney anyway (they've got our ME info wrong for the departing day) and will be asking about any FD pins. Last time I called was almost a month ago on my anniversary but that didn't help. Hopefully this time we'll have one. We just got home yesterday from the hospital. My daughter had to have another procedure done on her heart. She had open heart surgery at 8 days old and is now 3 and had to have another repair done. Mickey Mouse is her most favourite thing in the world and FD would go a long way to free up some cash for extras for our trip in November. So any extra dust, sprinkle my way please. :goodvibes

Hugs to your family.
Keep calling and calling and calling. And here is to wishing you extra pixie dust!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: Here you go!;) Hope it happens for you! What challenges you have faced. Wow!

For those of you who are trying for CP ressies or having to make tough choices regarding that, did you know you can still see CP even without a dinner package? There are two lines; one for the dinner voucher people and one just sort of stand by. I have only done the dinner package, but others have done the alternative and been happy with their choice. It does require lining up fairly early, though, which may not work for a lot of you. CP is such a wonderful experience, I love that so many of you were able to make ressies!

HELP!
I am really concerned about the dates we are going now. 11/7 - 11/14. The crowd levels are crazy! We usually go in Sept and are used to low crowds. Really low. I'm sort of panicking about really. I also don't like that if free dining became available we would not be able to take advantage of it due to black out dates. I've been looking and would like to switch to 11/28 to 12/5, but flights are crazy for that time right now. Do you think they would come down at all? I just don't know what to do. :confused3 Any thought or experience with high crowd levels? TIA:flower3:

HELP!
I am really concerned about the dates we are going now. 11/7 - 11/14. The crowd levels are crazy! We usually go in Sept and are used to low crowds. Really low. I'm sort of panicking about really. I also don't like that if free dining became available we would not be able to take advantage of it due to black out dates. I've been looking and would like to switch to 11/28 to 12/5, but flights are crazy for that time right now. Do you think they would come down at all? I just don't know what to do. :confused3 Any thought or experience with high crowd levels? TIA:flower3:

We've gone twice during Thanksgiving week and once during Spring Break, and were not bothered at all by crowds. We paid attention to best parks, got to the parks early and used a touring plan.

I remember Thanksgiving day at Animal Kingdom - we were heading out to the bus around noon and the crowds flowing in to the park were SCARY. So many people. But we'd already done what we came to do (with NO LINES) and we were heading back for some resort fun! We went back out that night, and had very short lines again.

Really. Don't worry about crowds! Even on the busiest days, there are great touring opportunities. You've done all the research - You'll totally be fine!

I need to ask a question...technically our stay is from 11/15-11/22, we will still be in area but at Universal for the 1st night of the CLP- we will be coming over to EPCOT for that event. I know we have 14 days from 1st use to use our passes for park....what about the dining? We will each have 2 credits left so that we can use them for the dining package. Is that still permissable to use even though our resort stay has concluded?? Or will we need to pay out of pocket for this, which I would prefer not to do...thanks

They expire at midnight the day you check out. So you have that entire day/evening to use them up.

My last dilema for all of my ADR's is the F! package. I have scheduled MM's, my kids really want to eat at Sci-Fi but we are eating at burger type places a few times while here. If I give up the F! package for Sci-Fi, should I just take my chances? Its a 5 crowd level. UGH! Opinions on which is better?

When I heard about the F package although I wasn't extremely happy with the dining choices I booked with MM(decided HBD didn't feel like spending 2 credits, and didn't want to do another buffet, we already have CapeMay, ChefMickey's, and Boma scheduled) The last time we went to DisneyWorld I couldn't wait to see Fantasmic again, we went in September when crowds are supposed to be low, and we missed both shows! The lines were so long and for one of the shows the guy was even telling them they weren't taking any more people in line it was going to be full. The lines were like this like almost an hour before the show started and I couldn't wait in line with my almost 3yr old that long. I just had to book F package this time, I'm just not taking any chances, plus I really don't want to have to wait an hour or so. We love Italian food, but I'm nervous the food won't be that good, I've heard some not so good reviews.......Actually Sci-Fi was our other choice, but honestly I figured we'd be having so many sandwiches for our QS meals it wouldn't be worth it

CAN'T.STOP.CHANGING.ADRS.

It's a sickness, I think.

I took some suggestions and changed a few times (so we weren't eating dinner too late - early breakfast isn't an issue, my girls wake up @ 5:45am on the dot, everyday).

This is our most recent itinarary (sure to change!)...

Monday @ Hollywood Studios (Magic Hours until 10)
B- Arriving
L- 1:35 Mama Melrose
D- 7:05 50's Prime Time ((hoping to get a Fantasmic! package @ Hollywood & Vine instead)) QUESTION-- Do I have to book a specific Fantasmic! Package or does having my ADR @ MM in the afternoon get me a pass?

Tuesday @ Magic Kingdom
B- 7:10 Chef Mickey
L- 1:30 Crystal Palace
D- 5:10 Crystal Palace ((hoping to cancel for Be Our Guest ))

Wednesday @ EPCOT (Magic Hours until midnight)
B- 8:10a Akershus
L- ((using snack credits at Food & Wine))
D- 7:00p Coral Reef

Thursday Rest Day/Downtown Disney
B- 8:40a Cape May Cafe
L- ((counter service somewhere in DTD))
D- 8:00p Spirit of Aloha

Friday @ Animal Kingdom
B- 8:20a Tusker House
L- Quick Service at Flame Tree BBQ
D- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - quick service to have more time at the party

Saturday Leaving
B- 8:05a Cindy's Royal Table
L- 12:55p Liberty Tree Tavern, leave for airport right after
D- Flight leaves around 5

HELP!

I would not panic that much. Our first trip we were both relatively new to WDW (my last time was 2000) and we did the week between Christmas and New Year's Day and our biggest problem was not the parks but the airport as everyone was returning home via Southwest, and the line to check in (before the parks had SW check in there) was almost 2 hours due to 2 bowl games worth of folks returning home the same time. Yes, the parks were crowded, but with good planning, we did what we wanted to when we wanted to with little hassle. And we did it without using Touring Plans, just the input found here on DisBoards. We probably went against the flow with some of our choices, but we wanted to see specific events that were only occurring at specific times/days, and it still worked out. :wizard:

I would not panic that much. Our first trip we were both relatively new to WDW (my last time was 2000) and we did the week between Christmas and New Year's Day and our biggest problem was not the parks but the airport as everyone was returning home via Southwest, and the line to check in (before the parks had SW check in there) was almost 2 hours due to 2 bowl games worth of folks returning home the same time. Yes, the parks were crowded, but with good planning, we did what we wanted to when we wanted to with little hassle. And we did it without using Touring Plans, just the input found here on DisBoards. We probably went against the flow with some of our choices, but we wanted to see specific events that were only occurring at specific times/days, and it still worked out. :wizard:

Hey Broncobilly. Do you have everything worked out for your WL stay? I am so looking forward to going back. I have time built in to just enjoy the resort. We really love it there. Feels like the weight of the world goes away when we walk in. :goodvibes

I took some suggestions and changed a few times (so we weren't eating dinner too late - early breakfast isn't an issue, my girls wake up @ 5:45am on the dot, everyday).

B- Arriving
D- 7:05 50's Prime Time ((hoping to get a Fantasmic! package @ Hollywood & Vine instead)) QUESTION-- Do I have to book a specific Fantasmic! Package or does having my ADR @ MM in the afternoon get me a pass?

Tuesday @ Magic Kingdom

Okay, for the F! package you do have to book the actual package. Just having an ADR at a HS restaurant will not get you the F! pass.
F! is at 6:30, you won't make it to 50's Prime Time at 7pm. F! will just be ending then. The crowds are massive and slow moving leaving the theater.
The other thing jumping out at me is your 1:30 CP, then eating again at 5. You won't get out of lunch until 2:30-3. Are you sure you'll be ready to eat anther meal so soon?

B- Arriving

Tuesday @ Magic Kingdom

Friday @ Animal Kingdom
D- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - quick service to have more time at the party

Saturday Leaving

Yep....you've got the sickness. :rotfl: It looks good though.
And yes you have to book the Fantastic package.

Hey Broncobilly. Do you have everything worked out for your WL stay? I am so looking forward to going back. I have time built in to just enjoy the resort. We really love it there. Feels like the weight of the world goes away when we walk in. :goodvibes

As far as I can tell yes. I am still learning a little more about the perks to being Concierge/Club level, as I am thinking if it is possible to make certain requests, etc

We will have some time that first evening to explore as when we get there, we will do DHS for a couple of hours, but nothing much more, go back for an early dinner at Artist Point, and then relax, maybe walk around

My main request is the one up in the air right now, as we would like a castle view, as growing up, we always did the Contemporary and we were able to see either the lake or castle from the room and the evening entertainment.

As far as I can tell yes. I am still learning a little more about the perks to being Concierge/Club level, as I am thinking if it is possible to make certain requests, etc

We will have some time that first evening to explore as when we get there, we will do DHS for a couple of hours, but nothing much more, go back for an early dinner at Artist Point, and then relax, maybe walk around

My main request is the one up in the air right now, as we would like a castle view, as growing up, we always did the Contemporary and we were able to see either the lake or castle from the room and the evening entertainment.

I hope you get the view you want. And I really hope you just enjoy the resort as much as we do. :goodvibes

Okay, for the F! package you do have to book the actual package. Just having an ADR at a HS restaurant will not get you the F! pass.
F! is at 6:30, you won't make it to 50's Prime Time at 7pm. F! will just be ending then. The crowds are massive and slow moving leaving the theater.
The other thing jumping out at me is your 1:30 CP, then eating again at 5. You won't get out of lunch until 2:30-3. Are you sure you'll be ready to eat anther meal so soon?

You are good. I missed all that. :goodvibes

B- Arriving

Tuesday @ Magic Kingdom

Friday @ Animal Kingdom

Saturday Leaving

Yes book the F! package...search for fantasmic in the search box on the dining reservations page... then change 50's to 8 or 745. Thats what we are doing!

I hope you get the view you want. And I really hope you just enjoy the resort as much as we do. :goodvibes

We loved it last time in 2010. We were debating between the POFQ and WL for this trip, and I won that "debate" on the grounds of being able to see the Christmas Castle from the balcony if we get a room with a view, as Betsy loves that castle all light up that way

When I heard about the F package although I wasn't extremely happy with the dining choices I booked with MM(decided HBD didn't feel like spending 2 credits, and didn't want to do another buffet, we already have CapeMay, ChefMickey's, and Boma scheduled) The last time we went to DisneyWorld I couldn't wait to see Fantasmic again, we went in September when crowds are supposed to be low, and we missed both shows! The lines were so long and for one of the shows the guy was even telling them they weren't taking any more people in line it was going to be full. The lines were like this like almost an hour before the show started and I couldn't wait in line with my almost 3yr old that long. I just had to book F package this time, I'm just not taking any chances, plus I really don't want to have to wait an hour or so. We love Italian food, but I'm nervous the food won't be that good, I've heard some not so good reviews.......Actually Sci-Fi was our other choice, but honestly I figured we'd be having so many sandwiches for our QS meals it wouldn't be worth it

THAT is what is scaring me! I dont want to wait in that line! SO I came up with this.... I KNOW its alot of ADR's BUT we usually go back to the room at 330 or so because we get bored in DHS and we need to stay for F! and Osbourne lights.... so

B. Pre RD H&V at 8
L. F! MM @ 1220 or 135(havent decided
S.Sci-fi for milkshake/ice cream
D.50's AFTER F! at 8

DD HAD to have sci-fi so I have to fit it in. Its either that OR get rid of Le Cellier to do 50's our departure day :confused3

I was just on the Disney site checing on BOG. :rotfl:Nothing yet. :upsidedow

I'm also on the "waiting train" for BOG. popcorn:: Did you see the little sneak peeks the Disney Blog posted? http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...the-be-our-guest-restaurant-at-magic-kingdom/

12 feet tall chandeliers?? Cannot wait!! Do you suppose it will be a two dining credit place? I'd almost bet on it. And will there be more to it than a mere dinner? Ya know, in the movie, the characters made quite a big deal about the meal. The dishes, "They can sing, they can dance / After all, Miss, this is France!!" :dance3: haha...it's KILLIN' me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter