NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My own thought (based on absolutely nothing) is that BoG will be 1 TS. I don't think they can afford to open it to anything but high demand, huge crowds and great fanfare. It's a signature piece of their expansion. If it continues to sustain that degree of popularity, I can see them converting to 2 TS credits, but only time will tell if it is needed.

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles this cash cow.

I'm thinking that it will be 1 TS as well. I'm basing mine on what we have heard about it being a CS for lunch.

Does everyone have a plan to fit BOG in if it does open for our trips?

My plan is to either drop Crystal Palace dinner in exchange for BOG (anytime from 5-8p) or keep my 5p Crystal Palace dinner and do BOG counter service for lunch.

If BOG doesn't open, I'll drop Crystal Palace lunch and do counter service somewhere. We really dont' want to do a sit down lunch on our Magic Kingdom day (since we're doing a character breakfast & dinner that day) but I also don't want to miss Crystal Palace... we'll see how it plays out!

Like the other Mommy of Princesses, we are hoping all of these sit down meals will be the rest time for the girls --- and also a time to get our character pics. I'm not into waiting in line for pictures.

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

Ya'll sure were chatty last night. Like 4 pages worth from my last post. :laughing: :eek:

I think my ADRs are done other than waithing for the CLP to open up and I and hoping for a Le Cellier ressi with that.

Yes, that's what I am planning as well...I can't wait till Tuesday to call and make my reservations for CLP!! :cheer2::cool1::cool1:

I'm nervous it will be too chilly for the girls to wear all of the matching/coordinating/themed outfits I've been stocking up on :sad:

I have a sinking feeling they will be wearing their jackets the whole time, hiding all of the cuteness!

That's my fear too, I hate covering up the cuteness!

Something just hit me....... SHOES! No not literally. :lmao: How far in advance do ya'll buy shoes for the parks? I can not wear sneakers of any kind all day. I haven't found a pair that doesn't hurt the top of my foot. I either wear the MaryJane Crocs or good Ballerina type shoes that I put one of those insoles in for all the Disney walking. Do any of you have a good pair flip flops that you can handle a full day of walking in?

I'm going to wear sneakers and Teva Mush flip flops in the parks. I have the flip flops already in black and brown so I will probably just buy a new pair of sneakers at the end of the summer so I have some time to break them in. My son will probably wear mostly crocs that he has already. DH is on his own. DD has tons of shoes so I'm sure we can find something in her closet that will work for her.

My plan is to either drop Crystal Palace dinner in exchange for BOG (anytime from 5-8p) or keep my 5p Crystal Palace dinner and do BOG counter service for lunch.

If BOG doesn't open, I'll drop Crystal Palace lunch and do counter service somewhere. We really dont' want to do a sit down lunch on our Magic Kingdom day (since we're doing a character breakfast & dinner that day) but I also don't want to miss Crystal Palace... we'll see how it plays out!

Like the other Mommy of Princesses, we are hoping all of these sit down meals will be the rest time for the girls --- and also a time to get our character pics. I'm not into waiting in line for pictures.

The character meals are a good place for pics. Its what hubby and I do. :thumbsup2

Yes, that's what I am planning as well...I can't wait till Tuesday to call and make my reservations for CLP!! :cheer2::cool1::cool1:

I have a feeling that the phones lines are going to be ties up.

That's my fear too, I hate covering up the cuteness!

This should be a tag. :goodvibes

I'm going to wear sneakers and Teva Mush flip flops in the parks. I have the flip flops already in black and brown so I will probably just buy a new pair of sneakers at the end of the summer so I have some time to break them in. My son will probably wear mostly crocs that he has already. DH is on his own. DD has tons of shoes so I'm sure we can find something in her closet that will work for her.

I have heard alot about the Teva Mush. I guess I am just going to have to go and check them out. :thumbsup2

We re-decided that we were doing WDW this year so I had to scramble and make reservations for dinners yesterday. Got everything I wanted, but a couple are at weird times that I don't really want. But phew I'm exhausted. :laughing:

We re-decided that we were doing WDW this year so I had to scramble and make reservations for dinners yesterday. Got everything I wanted, but a couple are at weird times that I don't really want. But phew I'm exhausted. :laughing:

Congratulations on re-deciding your trip.:goodvibes Glad you got what you wanted. As far as times go....just keep trying. You never know what may eventually open up. Especially when BOG starts taking reservations. Things will be dropped like crazy.

We will def drop a ressie in exchange for dinner @ BOG when it opens. Now, which ressie I drop depends on the TS credits given for it. I voted for HD Revue but the majority of family voted for Spirit of Aloha. I may give that up if it's 2TS :rolleyes1

I have 1 dinner spot open for it, that's ideally where it would go but I have 3 MK days so I'm sure I could make it work but I would really prefer TS to CS...

I can see there are some VERY experienced Disney vets here! Is anyone else planning their first trip?

Honestly, it's my second -- I went to WDW for my senior trip in H.S. (11 years ago) but I didn't have to plan a thing for that, so I don't count it!

This is not only our first trip to WDW as a family, but our first real family vacation -- and it's a surprise for our girls!:cloud9:

I have never wished away a summer in my life, but I am so ready to get to Disney, I can't stand it!

what are you looking for? I *may * have a few more to cancel. I held on to them because they were for diff times( about an hour earlier or later then what I have) actually my dad has them reserved
Glad you are going to WDW again!

Ok Smileybug...something is wrong with my ticker!!!!!!! :eek: it says 5months and 4 days! yours says 5months and 1 day.... BOTH SHOULD SAY 5months and 2 days!

Have fun moving and adjusting ADRs. All is good until they release a GP FD discount. That's when it jig is up.

I remember running for my computer last year when it was announced. I had a couple I had been mulling over. And sure enough. A few days later...... very little room to maneuver.

we were out of town for a few days and I am about 7 pages behind!:eek: So,I just skimmed through and these are a few things I remember to comment on: Weather- we have been the same week the last 2 years in a row and a couple of times the first week of Dec.,,for our Nov trips, we have worn shorts and T shirts almost every day,..a couple of times, we put on jeans, or capris and a light jacket and that was all we needed--our Dec trips have had more varying weather by far than the Nov ones,...in fact the Nov trips have gotten up into the 80's and we were preeeetty hot for a few days each time. We are from Tx and the weather here is usually about the same,maybe a weeeeenncie bit cooler on our trips. I did a lot of sundresses for me last time and it was fine-maybe a cardigan for those rest. that are freezing.
BoG- I have Tonys for 2 diff days and will drop one for BoG if it opens...I am afraid it might not be available for us--we will be gone before Tday. When they say open for Holidays 2012, I'm not sure they mean all the time that the Christmas party is going on. If so, I am in the clear, but if Thanksgiving is the signal I am out of luck~
Shoes>>>I like Nike, or asics,...but I usually wear my Croc flip flops. I think the ones I have are the Caymen style--in fact they are so old I need to order a new pair. They are wonderful!!!If I wear my tennis shoes all day my feet feel too swollen-that's weird to me. They should feel better, & it's like my shins are tender or something...any of y'all ever have that feeling?
tickers-my tickers are usually one day short too!! Not sure why?

Ok Continental flyers out of Texas....We started out looking at fares around $440, week before last that dropped to $404,..I looked today and we are down to $389:yay: We may snag a reasonable rate yet!!! I will probably not book until the very tail end of July or the first 2 weeks of Aug,..for us that 12-13 week mark has been the sweet spot. That's quite a while to watch the prices drop!! Unless I see some unbelievable crazy deal between now and then!:rotfl:

Does everyone have a plan to fit BOG in if it does open for our trips?

Hoping to give up one of our 2 dinner ressies for Crystal Palace. Realllly hoping to do this because I really don't want to do dinner there twice. Would much rather do a dinner and a breakfast if we're eating there twice, but I felt the need to have another option for BOG. By the time we find out otherwise, breakfast at CP probably won't be an option.... :confused3

Oh I will not do BOG if it is 2 TS but given The capacity of BOG I do not see it being 2 TS

I agree!

Something just hit me....... SHOES! No not literally. :lmao: How far in advance do ya'll buy shoes for the parks? I can not wear sneakers of any kind all day. I haven't found a pair that doesn't hurt the top of my foot. I either wear the MaryJane Crocs or good Ballerina type shoes that I put one of those insoles in for all the Disney walking. Do any of you have a good pair flip flops that you can handle a full day of walking in?

I'll have sneakers, classic Crocs, Crocs Athens flip flops and my oooooold Target flip flops.

Yay that you've decided to go and that you got what you wanted. I hope you'll have luck with better times for the ones you're not happy with.

it says 5 months 3 days.

Yep.

I can see there are some VERY experienced Disney vets here! Is anyone else planning their first trip?

Honestly, it's my second -- I went to WDW for my senior trip in H.S. (11 years ago) but I didn't have to plan a thing for that, so I don't count it!

This is not only our first trip to WDW as a family, but our first real family vacation -- and it's a surprise for our girls!:cloud9:

I have never wished away a summer in my life, but I am so ready to get to Disney, I can't stand it!

Awe!! I can so remember our first family trip to WDW!Our little girl was 6 and as we were heading to the MK for very first time- on monorail, I took her in my lap so she could see Cinderella's Castle for the first time, and I can still remember the tears in my eyes at that moment. It was such a sweet moment and one that lives in my heart and mind forever!! She was so excited and as a mom it brought back such fond memories of my first disney trip. And to now share and pass that experience on to her is just something beyond words. She is now 23 and just graduated from college--which we will be celebrating on this trip and she has inherited my love and craziness for disney.....AAAHHH I love it!!! :thumbsup2

I've been at a conference since Monday without internet access!! :eek: There are like 20 some pages to catch up on!

I got a little WDW fix while at the conference. It was in Orlando so I got to stop at the Disney Store in the airport. Not as exciting as WDW, but still fun. :goodvibes I texted DH pictures of me with Snow White & Goofy from in front of the store.

We got to see the Shamu show at Sea World. It was great! They had 6 orcas in the show. Very cool.

I doubt I will have time to go back through all of the missed pages, but I hope there was a lot of FD & great ADRs for everyone! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter