• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2015.....

My DH and I just returned from our Nov 2014 trip, after a 15 year hiatus!! For Christmas, he gave me a gift card to book another trip, so we decided on the same time in November!! I heard from many different people and CMs that it was more crowded at this time of year than in past years, but to me, it didn't seem too bad. We're currently booked at Pop Century, but I'm hoping to change to CBR as a surprise for my husband, as that's where we honeymooned. Plus, we'd hopefully be able to get free dining instead of having to upgrade from the free quick service plan (if it gets offered) at Pop. Only 300 days to go!!!

My DH and I always go the weekend after Thanksgiving. We stay through the following weekend. I do think the crowd level has been creeping up over the years. But we still find it a good time to go. :thumbsup2. We have always gone with free dining. But this time I am hoping for a room discount. :goodvibes

Just a quick question.... Anyone planning to decorate their magic bands?
I'm thinking about it. :goodvibes

Joining :). We booked a BB when we were there in October for Nov 12-19 at YC! We're excited to see the Christmas decorations this year (we've been going last week of Oct). It will be my husband, myself and our 3 year old twins (who will be 4 right before we leave. We're usually at Disney for their bday). My in laws (mother, father and sister) will also be going and staying at BC (nothing available at YC when they called). My kiddos are already asking to go back on the Nemo ride :)

Swan for us this time! Wicked excited!!! Its been 4 years since the last trip,time to return with friends!!

Last edited:
Good morning ya'll! :goodvibes

Do ya'll ever waver on your resort choice? Hubby and I always stay at the WL. We absolutely love the way we feel when we walk through those double doors. But it seems that every trip we go back and forth with the WL and AK. It drives me crazy. :rotfl: I have even moved our reservation between the two in the past. But the WL has become our home away from home. We are booked at the WL now and will stay booked there. But there is still that part of me that wants to actually stay at the AK and not just visit there. We may eventually try a split stay between the two.

So... Anyone else deal with this?

First, Hi! Joining as we're planning to go for Thanksgiving. It will be our 1st time actually spending Thanksgiving day there; in 2012 we flew in about 8p.m. on Thanksgiving and stayed for 10 days :) No resort booked yet. Youngest DS wants BWV or CSR, I'm hoping for WL (would be our first stay there).
So as to the above question, yes!! The last 2 times we've done deluxe we've debated trying a new one but end up at BWV, which we love. We did try CSR last Aug. after 2 stays at POFQ and we're all glad we did, but we were nervous beforehand! We booked FQ, switched to CSR, back to FQ and then right at 46 days switched back to CSR lol!! It's hard b/c even if you only use your resort to sleep/shower, when you KNOW you can be happy and comfortable somewhere the thought of giving that up.......it's hard::yes::. All that being said, I'm really really set on trying WL in Nov. and DH agrees :thumbsup2 Just have to sell our DS's on it now!

First, Hi! Joining as we're planning to go for Thanksgiving. It will be our 1st time actually spending Thanksgiving day there; in 2012 we flew in about 8p.m. on Thanksgiving and stayed for 10 days :) No resort booked yet. Youngest DS wants BWV or CSR, I'm hoping for WL (would be our first stay there).
So as to the above question, yes!! The last 2 times we've done deluxe we've debated trying a new one but end up at BWV, which we love. We did try CSR last Aug. after 2 stays at POFQ and we're all glad we did, but we were nervous beforehand! We booked FQ, switched to CSR, back to FQ and then right at 46 days switched back to CSR lol!! It's hard b/c even if you only use your resort to sleep/shower, when you KNOW you can be happy and comfortable somewhere the thought of giving that up.......it's hard::yes::. All that being said, I'm really really set on trying WL in Nov. and DH agrees :thumbsup2 Just have to sell our DS's on it now!

I hope ya'll love the WL as much as we do!! We are actually trying the WL CL for the first time this trip. This will be our fifth stay so we figured it was about time! :goodvibes If you haven't done it yet make sure you check out the WL thread on the resorts board. I post very little in there. But they are very informative. And there is always someone to answer any question you might have concerning the lodge and it's different areas. I am so excited for ya'll!!!

Joining :). We booked a BB when we were there in October for Nov 12-19 at YC! We're excited to see the Christmas decorations this year (we've been going last week of Oct). It will be my husband, myself and our 3 year old twins (who will be 4 right before we leave. We're usually at Disney for their bday). My in laws (mother, father and sister) will also be going and staying at BC (nothing available at YC when they called). My kiddos are already asking to go back on the Nemo ride :)

Hi, Jedi! I just read the last page of this thread and saw your post. DH and I were there from Nov 15-22, 2014 and I was disappointed in the lack of resort decorations that were up. Our hotel (CSR) and GF went up overnight Nov.21-22. I was at BC for dinner early in the week and was told that there's were going up right before Thanksgiving. Yacht Club didn't have anything when we visited either. :sad2: GF did have the Gingerbread house up, but nothing else. We saw them starting to get ladders out to decorate as we left 1900PF for dinner Friday night (Nov. 21). The parks will be decorated, although Epcot was not completely done--they were still getting the stage decorated for CP and many of the Storyteller stages were not ready. Just wanted to give you a heads up. We have been after Thanksgiving and I decided that I prefer going then.

Hi, Jedi! I just read the last page of this thread and saw your post. DH and I were there from Nov 15-22, 2014 and I was disappointed in the lack of resort decorations that were up. Our hotel (CSR) and GF went up overnight Nov.21-22. I was at BC for dinner early in the week and was told that there's were going up right before Thanksgiving. Yacht Club didn't have anything when we visited either. :sad2: GF did have the Gingerbread house up, but nothing else. We saw them starting to get ladders out to decorate as we left 1900PF for dinner Friday night (Nov. 21). The parks will be decorated, although Epcot was not completely done--they were still getting the stage decorated for CP and many of the Storyteller stages were not ready. Just wanted to give you a heads up. We have been after Thanksgiving and I decided that I prefer going then.

Thanks for the heads up! We mostly want to see the parks decorated (we saw the lights go up when we were there in Oct at HS). Was it busy the week you went? This year Oct seemed much busier then last year.

Hi everyone! I'm happy to find a November thread (and just requested to join the Facebook group). I'm going with my parents and my sister, all adults.We're DVC owners there and always use our points to get a 2BR Boardwalk view. We need this trip badly as a do-over trip for the one we had last February. It wasn't horrible by any means, but it'll be nice to find the magic again. Looking forward to planning with you all!

Hello everyone!

Planning a trip Nov 7-15! Staying in AoA cars suite this time. Haven't been in Nov since 2011 can't wait to hear everyone's plans.

I see Food and Wine will be around too! :thumbsup2

Planning on staying CSR from Nov. 6-16th...but it all depends on Free Dining. It'll be myself, DSIL, DB and two nieces: ages 5 and 2. Can't wait!!! We'd been planning on returning since our last trip in Jan 2009, but due to life and finances, we've had to postpone...but looks like this trip is almost a sure thing!!

Just booked November 21st-28th at AKL Jambo House with Savannah View. We have never stayed or even been to AKL. So looking forward to it!

Just booked November 21st-28th at AKL Jambo House with Savannah View. We have never stayed or even been to AKL. So looking forward to it!

Hi! I am in MD. We will be staying at AKL for part of our trip around the same time you will be there

Add us to the list of November visitors. Renting DVC points (again) and currently at SSR, but hoping to move to BLT or VWL as soon as the 7 month window opens. We'll be there Nov 6-14.

I'd love to connect with anyone else doing the half. I'll be solo (again) and it was kinda a bummer being alone last time - esp in that 2 hours or so of waiting around before hand. Can't wait though!

I just requested to join the FB group. :)

Count us in! We booked a bounceback last December for a trip November 13-21 and we are going to be staying at POFQ. First time staying at a moderate, but if FD comes out at a different moderate resort, we might be inclined to move.

Count me in also!!! I am booked for November 5-14th, at Wilderness Lodge courtyard view!!! First time staying in a deluxe resort. Couldn't be more excited!!! 267 days to go!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter