November 30, 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

Hi everybody,

unfortunately it is now official that we won't be joining you on this cruise. :sad1:

As DH has mentioned again how he is not too keen on trying out one of the new big ships, and neither on going back to the Caribbean, we have had a long talk to find out what kind of cruise would really make us both equally happy, not just me :rolleyes1.

We have now switched our reservation over to one of the 2013 Alaska cruises on the Wonder ... although we are still waiting for DCL to announce the WBTA, as that would be our favourite cruise and we would then switch once again.

I hope you all have lots and lots of fun on this cruise, and say hi to the Fantasy from me! Maybe one day I will get to go on a girls-only trip with a friend and have the chance to see her for myself. :thumbsup2

Also, let me know what you would like me to do with the first post in this thread, as I won't really be around to update the roll call anymore. If one of you would like to take over, I can just make my post some sort of general welcome, and point to the roll call "in post no. x below" ...

Best regards,

annichan

Hi everybody,

unfortunately it is now official that we won't be joining you on this cruise. :sad1:

As DH has mentioned again how he is not too keen on trying out one of the new big ships, and neither on going back to the Caribbean, we have had a long talk to find out what kind of cruise would really make us both equally happy, not just me :rolleyes1.

We have now switched our reservation over to one of the 2013 Alaska cruises on the Wonder ... although we are still waiting for DCL to announce the WBTA, as that would be our favourite cruise and we would then switch once again.

I hope you all have lots and lots of fun on this cruise, and say hi to the Fantasy from me! Maybe one day I will get to go on a girls-only trip with a friend and have the chance to see her for myself. :thumbsup2

Also, let me know what you would like me to do with the first post in this thread, as I won't really be around to update the roll call anymore. If one of you would like to take over, I can just make my post some sort of general welcome, and point to the roll call "in post no. x below" ...

Best regards,

annichan

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be joining us on this cruise, but I know you'll have a great time on your cruise to Alaska. I'd love to go there one day too. I hope you enjoy your cruise out of NYC in a few months and your cruise next year! Hopefully one day you'll get to experience the Fantasy.

JUST BRINGING THIS THREAD BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE LIST:rotfl2:

Thanks Ian for bringing this thread back!! I've been meaning to get over here but have been busy with my new job(because of the DIS rules, I can't mention it here, hehe) and I was in the ER this past Sunday and Monday with a migraine headache that lasted 5 days!!! It was horrible, but I'm back.

We need to get a name finalized for our sailing. I know there were a few mentioned earlier and I'm okay with any of them. We just need on for those of us who are early birds or making our FE's.

We are SO EXCITED about this trip! Just need to pay it off and get us some air tickets! Well, just wanted to check in. Take care everyone!

Thanks Ian for bringing this thread back!! I've been meaning to get over here but have been busy with my new job(because of the DIS rules, I can't mention it here, hehe) and I was in the ER this past Sunday and Monday with a migraine headache that lasted 5 days!!! It was horrible, but I'm back.

We need to get a name finalized for our sailing. I know there were a few mentioned earlier and I'm okay with any of them. We just need on for those of us who are early birds or making our FE's.

We are SO EXCITED about this trip! Just need to pay it off and get us some air tickets! Well, just wanted to check in. Take care everyone!

Before I retired I used to get Migraines every once in awhile, so I know what your going thru. The worst one was after driving 22 hours straight and going to EPCOT. Paramedics found me flat on my back at the EPCOT entry. Spent 8 hours in the Disney Hospital in Celebration.

We will be on the cruise as well... not sure who is doing the roll:
Jen(41), Joe (42), DD - Kalley (8) - celebrating 15th anniversary

We will be on the cruise as well... not sure who is doing the roll:
Jen(41), Joe (42), DD - Kalley (8) - celebrating 15th anniversary

Welcome DisPhan! :wave2: I'm glad to see you'll be joining us on this cruise. Have you ever cruised before?

Hey! Our internet has been down for a few days and I have been meaning to get back to you on this. No, we don't have a name for us yet. Did you have any ideas?? I can only come up with these two:

Fantastic Fantasy Voyage
Disney Fantasy Frolic

If anyone else can come up with something, let's hear it!! I'm OCD about the FE gifts too, so I will be needing to decide soon. I just have too many ideas!

I have also organized a group page on Facebook if you are on there. You can just friend request me, Julia Lehman and I will add you to the group!

I like Fantastic Fantasy Voyage and Eastern Fantasy. Could you please add my group to the FE list? Just need some details since this will be our first. Thanks!

Hello all!

Just booked my very first Disney cruise a few days ago and I'm very excited to be sailing on the Fantasy! :dumbo:
I'm a single mom with two grown kids. I've been on two cruises before, in 1981 on Costa to the Southern Caribbean and Caracas with a bunch of my girlfriends after we finished nursing school and in 1987 with my ex to Bermuda on RCCL.

My DS went on a cruise with his four college roomies prior to finishing undergrad. My DD has never been, and we talked about going on a mom/daughter cruise after she finished college. She graduated from UCF about a month ago, decided to stay in Orlando with friends and is currently looking for work.

I figured booking this far out gives her time to get settled, and gives me time to save! ;)

I'm a lime green Dis'er to the core, but haven't been on these boards for a long time and never on the cruise board, so I'm learning about DCL as quickly as I can. I have been reading about the FE gift exchange and I think it's such a nice idea. Feel free to add us to the FE list. I will probably have to ship a box to the port since I am flying in from Massachusetts.

Well, that's enough for now. Here's the scoop on us:
Jean (a.k.a. AuroraluvsPhillip) age 54 :coffee:
Amanda age 24 :happytv:
Stateroom 9060
Late seating (no way my DD would be ready in time for early seating) :rotfl::rotfl:

Hello all!

Just booked my very first Disney cruise a few days ago and I'm very excited to be sailing on the Fantasy! :dumbo:
I'm a single mom with two grown kids. I've been on two cruises before, in 1981 on Costa to the Southern Caribbean and Caracas with a bunch of my girlfriends after we finished nursing school and in 1987 with my ex to Bermuda on RCCL.

My DS went on a cruise with his four college roomies prior to finishing undergrad. My DD has never been, and we talked about going on a mom/daughter cruise after she finished college. She graduated from UCF about a month ago, decided to stay in Orlando with friends and is currently looking for work.

I figured booking this far out gives her time to get settled, and gives me time to save! ;)

I'm a lime green Dis'er to the core, but haven't been on these boards for a long time and never on the cruise board, so I'm learning about DCL as quickly as I can. I have been reading about the FE gift exchange and I think it's such a nice idea. Feel free to add us to the FE list. I will probably have to ship a box to the port since I am flying in from Massachusetts.

Stateroom 9060
Late seating (no way my DD would be ready in time for early seating) :rotfl::rotfl:

Welcome! :wave2: I'm glad you and your daughter will be joining us on this cruise. Congratulations to your daughter on her recent graduation. Hopefully she'll be able to find a job soon.

I have added BlakeNJ and AuroraluvsPhilip to the FE list!:cool1: If you could each pm me the names and ages of the people participating, your stateroom number and email that is all I will need for now. :flower3:

Welcome to the group to both of you! This will be so much fun!

Hello all!

Stateroom 9060

Where in MASS are you from? We have friends in South Hadley MA we cruise with on the member cruise.We enjoy BOSTON a lot.

Where in MASS are you from? We have friends in South Hadley MA we cruise with on the member cruise.We enjoy BOSTON a lot.

I'm in Mansfield, southwest of Boston. I'm about 10-15 min. from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, where the Patriots play. I've never been to a game, though. My son has been there for Pats games and soccer games. :cheer2:

Hey all!

Since we have some new cruisers I just wanted to remind everyone that if you are on Facebook and want to join our group page over there you can friend request me, Julia Lehman or just add yourself to the group. We had someone add today, but they didn't introduce themselves yet on the page so I don't know their Dis name. Make sure if you join, you let us know who you are here so we can put 2+2 together!!

Does anyone know if the Christmas decorations will be up for our voyage?

YES!!! The Christmas decorations will be up!! And they will blow you away! They put up the Christmas decorations right after Thanksgiving. We were on the Dream 12/4 and they were up. I can't wait to see what they do on the Fantasy! :love:

Hello all! :wave2:

I just booked this cruise. Actually have changed my sailing date quite a few times due to various reasons.

Anyway, I am sailing solo and celebrating my birthday...well sort of...it'll be just under a month away. (yes, I'm a Christmas baby) I'm doing late dining as it's what I prefer. Sailing in #12510.

It'll be fun to see the ship all decorated for Christmas! I've done two Westerns before but never an Eastern. Looking forward to the extra at-sea day. I did the Fantasy in April and she's a beautiful ship.

I presently live in Florida about an hour's drive to WDW - but I'm originally from NH. I see several MA people on here. My son lives in Beverly and works in Boston.

Hello all! :wave2:

I just booked this cruise. Actually have changed my sailing date quite a few times due to various reasons.

Anyway, I am sailing solo and celebrating my birthday...well sort of...it'll be just under a month away. (yes, I'm a Christmas baby) I'm doing late dining as it's what I prefer. Sailing in #12510.

It'll be fun to see the ship all decorated for Christmas! I've done two Westerns before but never an Eastern. Looking forward to the extra at-sea day. I did the Fantasy in April and she's a beautiful ship.

I presently live in Florida about an hour's drive to WDW - but I'm originally from NH. I see several MA people on here. My son lives in Beverly and works in Boston.

Hi Holly, isn't it a small world after all, seems like you have left the WBTA to end up on this thread - which I started but in the end had to cancel this cruise, and am now waiting for the WBTA :thumbsup2.

Let me just say once more to all of you guys on here, as I won't be doing the cruise I will also have to abandon the first post (I still had this thread subscribed which is how I found PhantomsGirl here and decided to post once more, but have unsubscribed now).

That means I won't be keeping the first post updated, and the roll call seems a bit useless therefore. If you would like me to delete it and just put some sort of welcome in there, send me a pm to let me know! (Also if you would like me to put anything specific in there, just give me the text but please excuse me for not doing any updates on it afterward).

Have fun everybody, still wish we could join you!

Annichan

Ok, I have sent Annichan a PM saying I will start taking over the Roll Call. Now if anyone else would like to do this, PLEASE let me know! I really don't want to since I am organizing the FE, but I also don't want the Roll Call to disappear or not be up to date. It's not Annichan's responsibility to keep up with it, one of us sailing should be doing it.

Now, to show how little I know about all of this, does anyone know how I can edit the first thread with additional names? I've looked and looked and can't find an edit button!! Help!:rotfl2:

Only Annichan can edit that post. What we can do is to PM her to ask her to put a notation that the roll is now on page such-and-such, post #such-and-such.

I am very willing to do the Roll Call. I'm around most every day and have the time necessary to do it, so if you don't mind the "new girl on the block" doing it - I'm more than happy to do so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter