November 30, 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy

Today it is exactly two years to go until our cruise - so it is virtually just around the corner! :banana: ;)

It will be here before we know it. :banana: I can't wait to update my countdown clock on my desktop to reflect sailing on the Disney Fantasy. :thumbsup2

We need every one of those 24 months to save. DS and future DDil have decided on November 17, 2013 as their wedding date. 2 trips to save for.

You will definitely need those two years to save. A cruise will be a great way to relax after all the wedding planning. Congratulations to your son and future daughter-in-law. :goodvibes

Well, I changed our room to be aft rather than forward. We are now in room #7678. I won't be changing it again anytime soon unless we decide to opt for a verandah. Decisions, decisions...

annichan - Also, I forgot to give the ages of myself and DH at time of sailing. I'll be 33 and DH will be 37.

Thanks!

Well, I changed our room to be aft rather than forward. We are now in room #7678. I won't be changing it again anytime soon unless we decide to opt for a verandah. Decisions, decisions...

annichan - Also, I forgot to give the ages of myself and DH at time of sailing. I'll be 33 and DH will be 37.

Thanks!

I have changed your info in the roll call. Looks like you will now be only 7 doors away from us!

Edit: Wow, still almost two years to go and we're on page 4 of this thread already!

Thanks!

Your on the opposite side of us. :) We aren't going to change rooms. Our last few cruises have been verandah's and even though I like to sit out on them we found that we hardly used it and for the cost of this cruise I can't see spending that extra. Plus the true cost of the cruise is going to be more when you start adding excursions and flights. If I could handle being in an inside room I would look into one of them also. I love the idea of the virtual porthole.

It is nice to see how active this thread is. The board for my April cruise is slow. I would have expected it to be busier since it is during the Northeast spring recess. I think there has only been about 12 families that have been posting.

Your on the opposite side of us. :) We aren't going to change rooms. Our last few cruises have been verandah's and even though I like to sit out on them we found that we hardly used it and for the cost of this cruise I can't see spending that extra. Plus the true cost of the cruise is going to be more when you start adding excursions and flights. If I could handle being in an inside room I would look into one of them also. I love the idea of the virtual porthole.

It is nice to see how active this thread is. The board for my April cruise is slow. I would have expected it to be busier since it is during the Northeast spring recess. I think there has only been about 12 families that have been posting.

There are a lot of us aft on deck 7. :woohoo: I think we'll like this location more than our first room location, which was really forward. I'm glad you shared your thoughts about a verandah. We went to Myrtle Beach this summer and were on the 11th floor. We had an awesome view but I only spent a few minutes each day on the balcony. We either weren't in our room or when we were we just chose not to sit out on the balcony. In all honesty, our boys were a little nervous being up that high and didn't step foot out on it at all the entire week except for the very first day before they realized how high up they were. I'm afraid that we'll pay extra for a verandah and not use it. Right now we are content in our current category.

I like that this thread is active too. I enjoy talking with others about our cruise. My DH listens to me talk about it, but sometime I think I'm boring him with all this cruise talk especially since it is 2 years away.

Hi Everyone!

We're Kris and Larry, and we rebooked this cruise on our previous vacation. Larry will be celebrating his birthday on December 4th- and this will be our first Caribbean cruise...
We've done 3 Bahamas cruises (1 on the Wonder and 2 on the Dream) and 1 Transatlantic (on the Magic in September). We're also booked on the 'cruise to nowhere' in July out of NYC!
It took me 10 years to convince DH to go on a 'civilian' cruise- he's retired Navy and is used to military cruises. Now that he's had a taste, he's loving it!

We're in 9547 (our first time booking an inside stateroom) and have early dining. We've done the late dining on the others- but I'm kind of not enjoying that stuffed feeling at after 10pm. So we switched to early seating on our 2nd Dream cruise, and DH likes it a lot better. It is noisier than late seating, but gives us more evening time to enjoy ourselves onboard.

I'm glad that someone mentioned that there would be no rotational dining on the 2 nighter- hopefully we'll be able to find out more from DCL.

I'm glad to see that this trip thread is fairly active!

:welcome: *Flower*

I'm glad to see you and your DH will be joining us! :cool1::banana::woohoo: What a great way to celebrate DH's birthday.

Me and DH will be taking the two-night cruise to nowhere next summer also but we are going in August. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the two-night cruise. DH and I have never cruised before; next summer's cruise will be our first. This cruise in 2013 will be our boys' first cruise. We haven't told them about it yet and aren't planning on telling them until right before we leave. They have been bugging us to go on one and I can't wait to see their faces when we tell them we'll be cruising.

Thanks for the welcome!

Here's just a bit of our DCL history....
After I convinced DH to try his first 'non-working' cruise, I booked the post-Thanksgiving 4 nighter in 2009 on the Wonder. He enjoyed it so much that I booked the same cruise again for this year.
After patiently waiting for this cruise to get here- we lucked into a military rate for the WBTA in September and cruised that! A 14 night cruise was enough to totally get him into the cruising mode, and two weeks after we got back from that one- he decided that a 4 night cruise wasn't long enough.
So I added a 3 night cruise onto our 4 night cruise and ended up doing a b2b. We usually go to NYC for our anniversary, and I just mentioned that the Magic was going to be there during our visit and had a 'cruise to nowhere' scheduled during our trip.
We tried to rebook it onboard, but other than the reduced deposit- there weren't any real advantages to it. None of the usual OBC at all. So we booked a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy instead. I knew that DH wanted to do a 'real' 7 nighter and not a b2b- and we got $200 in obc as well as the 10% price reduction and 50% off of the deposit.
We got back from the b2b last week and DH says "I want to book the 2 night cruise that we were looking to book onboard". So we booked that one also.

Now you know how a non-cruising DH (28 years in the Navy) becomes a cruising DH!!:lmao:

I tend not to recommend anything, because every time I do- the person I recommended it to doesn't like it as much as I do. So if you all enjoy it HALF as much as we do, you'll have a great time!!

Thanks for the welcome!

Here's just a bit of our DCL history....
After I convinced DH to try his first 'non-working' cruise, I booked the post-Thanksgiving 4 nighter in 2009 on the Wonder. He enjoyed it so much that I booked the same cruise again for this year.
After patiently waiting for this cruise to get here- we lucked into a military rate for the WBTA in September and cruised that! A 14 night cruise was enough to totally get him into the cruising mode, and two weeks after we got back from that one- he decided that a 4 night cruise wasn't long enough.
So I added a 3 night cruise onto our 4 night cruise and ended up doing a b2b. We usually go to NYC for our anniversary, and I just mentioned that the Magic was going to be there during our visit and had a 'cruise to nowhere' scheduled during our trip.
We tried to rebook it onboard, but other than the reduced deposit- there weren't any real advantages to it. None of the usual OBC at all. So we booked a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy instead. I knew that DH wanted to do a 'real' 7 nighter and not a b2b- and we got $200 in obc as well as the 10% price reduction and 50% off of the deposit.
We got back from the b2b last week and DH says "I want to book the 2 night cruise that we were looking to book onboard". So we booked that one also.

Now you know how a non-cruising DH (28 years in the Navy) becomes a cruising DH!!:lmao:

I tend not to recommend anything, because every time I do- the person I recommended it to doesn't like it as much as I do. So if you all enjoy it HALF as much as we do, you'll have a great time!!

I've been working on my DH to try a cruise for the last few years. When I heard that DCL was going to be cruising out of NYC (only about 2.5 hours from our house) and even leaving on my birthday (August 10th) I knew DH would have trouble saying no. I actually convinced him to give the five-night cruise out of PC a try in 2013, but when the new itineraries were released there weren't any five-night cruises on the Dream or Fantasy. For the price of the four-night he caved and gave into the seven-night. :woohoo: I must admit I talk about this cruise (and the two-night one) a lot and even though he listens but doesn't act too excited, I know he is. ;) I've already told him I think a new obsession is looming and he just smiles. I know he'll love it. This is the guy who didn't want to go to Disney when I kept on telling him how much he would enjoy it, and guess what, he loves going to Disney now.

:welcome: *Flower*. I love the story of how you got your DH hooked on cruising. Our first cruise was a 5 day and we've been hooked ever since. DH would never agree to a 2 day cruise, he likes to be able to have time to relax.

Everyone getting prepared for the holidays? I am almost done our shopping. Just have to get a gift for my boss and my DD7 teacher.

I hope everyone is having a great week. I am looking forward to the weekend.

Hi Everyone!

We're Kris and Larry, and we rebooked this cruise on our previous vacation. Larry will be celebrating his birthday on December 4th- and this will be our first Caribbean cruise...
We've done 3 Bahamas cruises (1 on the Wonder and 2 on the Dream) and 1 Transatlantic (on the Magic in September). We're also booked on the 'cruise to nowhere' in July out of NYC!
It took me 10 years to convince DH to go on a 'civilian' cruise- he's retired Navy and is used to military cruises. Now that he's had a taste, he's loving it!

We're in 9547 (our first time booking an inside stateroom) and have early dining. We've done the late dining on the others- but I'm kind of not enjoying that stuffed feeling at after 10pm. So we switched to early seating on our 2nd Dream cruise, and DH likes it a lot better. It is noisier than late seating, but gives us more evening time to enjoy ourselves onboard.

I'm glad that someone mentioned that there would be no rotational dining on the 2 nighter- hopefully we'll be able to find out more from DCL.

I'm glad to see that this trip thread is fairly active!

Welcome Flower! I have added your info to our roll call on page 1.

I can't believe how many posts I've missed by not having been online for a few days, glad to see how active this thread is!

And I really think it's funny how many of us have had a bit of trouble getting their DH interested in taking a cruise ... it was the same here. It never really seems to be the other way around, does it?

Anyway, christmas is getting closer and closer and I really feel in the christmas spirit already :goodvibes. All decorations are up except for the tree itself, and I only have a few more days of work ahead of me before my christmas holidays start. I have bought (though not yet wrapped) most presents, have decided on what to cook for christmas ... now all we're lacking is the snow! :)

Deleted quote as I believe Rhode Island Quahog no longer wishes her personal info to show up on this thread

Hi and welcome to this thread, looking forward to chatting with you too!

Don't worry about not giving your room number, there is no pressure to give any information at all if you would rather not see it displayed on a public board! :)

We will be joining this cruise. Joe (32) and Val (35) as of today. Still working on the room number and would rather not post yet, since its a public board and 2years away.

We are not married and have no children and are from Winchester, MA (just outside Boston). Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

:welcome: Rhode Island Quahog. I live in MA also but closer to the RI/MA/CT border. Looking forward to chatting with you too.

We will be joining this cruise. Joe (32) and Val (35) as of today. Still working on the room number and would rather not post yet, since its a public board and 2years away.

We are not married and have no children and are from Winchester, MA (just outside Boston). Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter