November 5th?

Tiffer

DIS Veteran
I see MK is closing at 4:30 pm , but don't see a Christmas party. Anyone know why it's closing so early?

That's cool. Seems odd to do it attached to a race weekend, but glad they do it.

It's this, and only for those CMs who qualify.

"Ten years of service, and every five years thereafter warrants a very special celebration. Honorees celebrating major milestone Company anniversaries are invited to enjoy a breathtaking Service Celebration—a spectacular evening event."
"Cast Members, Crew Members and Imagineers celebrating milestone Company service anniversaries may enjoy a magical evening of food, entertainment and fun to commemorate their years of service with The Walt Disney Company. It’s Time To Celebrate You!"

Thanks for the info. Any idea if they do fireworks during these events and, if so, what time usually? We have a California grill reservation that night.

Thanks for the info. Any idea if they do fireworks during these events and, if so, what time usually? We have a California grill reservation that night.
The CMs enter in waves, beginning at 7pm or so, based on years of service. The schedule isn’t published anywhere; only the attendees and those working the event know the agenda as to when the fireworks show occurs - in years past this has been very late into the night.

I was there, not as guest, and I thought, not positive, that the fireworks were at ten. I'll be there this year, but as guest this time.
Thanks for the info. If you find any more details closer to time, would you mind sharing?

And CONGRATS on your years of service! How exciting!

We will be at WDW then, and am hoping the early closing means fewer people will choose to go to MK that day. We will have park hoppers, so it's easy enough to hop a bus or monorail to another park for the evening. Thoughts from you experts on the likelihood of lower-than-usual crowds?

We will be at WDW then, and am hoping the early closing means fewer people will choose to go to MK that day. We will have park hoppers, so it's easy enough to hop a bus or monorail to another park for the evening. Thoughts from you experts on the likelihood of lower-than-usual crowds?

Every thing I've read says it should be very low crowds that day. When they've done cast member appreciation parties before the crowds were very low but they were at the end of November. Not during Jersey Week/Wine and Dine/Food and Wine. I'm still expecting low crowds since most people will save MK for that Tuesday and Wednesday since MVMCP are Thursday and Friday. That's my hope anyway. I will be there that same day.

We went to MK on nov 30 last year which was a CM MVMCP and it was the emptiest I’ve seen it in a while. If you have hoppers I highly suggest going that day then maybe hopping to another park after

MK will be closing in just a few hours in order to prepare the park for tonight's big event. Below is what's in store for the invited CMs. They'll be tons of food, open bars, special entertainment and fireworks show and just about all of the attractions will be operating. All of it is free, should be a fun night.

enhance

MK will be closing in just a few hours in order to prepare the park for tonight's big event. Below is what's in store for the invited CMs. They'll be tons of food, open bars, special entertainment and fireworks show and just about all of the attractions will be operating. All of it is free, should be a fun night.

enhance

Sounds so fun!! I hope you have a blast, and congrats :)

enhance

*Gasp*

An open bar in MK? Don't let the prunes find out! Lol

enhance
How. Much. Fun!!!! What a fantastic experience. Have a great time and congratulations to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter