• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November or December (or is there a better time to go?!)

littlebittyhouse

Mouseketeer
A little history...went the week before Thanksgiving in 2013 and crowds were really low, MVMCP meant walk on rides and a great last minute spot for the parade.

We went the week after Thanksgiving in 2017 and it was so much more crowded than anticipated AND air fare was so expensive.

We are looking to book 2019 and I can't decide if we should go the week before Thanksgiving or the second week in December.

I love love love the Christmas decorations and I'd hate to miss them but we will be travelling with our kiddos who will be 4 and 7 so, low(er) crowds trump Christmas decos for now.

...Also open to other times of year that you love going!

Beginning of November gets my vote.

Lighter crowds than December and as you stated lower air fare. It is still going to be busy though so plan accordingly.

The 2nd week in December is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to low crowds. You have the great holiday decorations at that time too!

My all time favorite time to go though is mid September - lowest crowds and you can still do Not So Scary too! :)

Beginning of November gets my vote.

Lighter crowds than December and as you stated lower air fare. It is still going to be busy though so plan accordingly.

Busy is OK! I am pretty sure that gone are the days where you could walk on rides during EMH lol

The 2nd week in December is definitely a sweet spot when it comes to low crowds. You have the great holiday decorations at that time too!

My all time favorite time to go though is mid September - lowest crowds and you can still do Not So Scary too! :)

I was looking at mid-September but a little worried about the heat and hurricanes! Thoughts?

It depends on what you think is too hot - it was around 80-90 when I lived there in Sept. and I am currently planning my trip there for next month. As far as hurricanes, I have no idea lol sorry!

Star Wars will likely be open in December. Maybe not November. Unclear.

It'll affect crowds. Depends if SW is a priority to you or crowds.

I was looking at mid-September but a little worried about the heat and hurricanes! Thoughts?

It's Florida in September, so high 80's to mid 90's, with 90%+ humidity and possible thunderstorms every afternoon, but generally short lived.

As far as hurricanes go, hurricane Irma shut the Magic Kingdom down for 2 days last September 9th. This hurricane season seems a lot slower than last year but hurricane season goes through the beginning of November so it's possible. You usually get a 5 day notice if one is brewing out there so keep you eyes on the hurricane tracker.

I spent my last birthday (September 8) hanging plywood on my windows.

week before Thanksgiving or the second week in December.
I think one of the previous posters brought up a good thing to consider. SW land will throw any predictions out the window. So with the rumor of it being open late fall, which will likely be December I think December next year will be busier than usual. So if crowds are something you want to avoid then I would pick November. I think by the week before thanksgiving you will certainly have the Christmas decorations but not the crazy crowds and you might hit the end of food and wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter