• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November- What do you pack?

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
I’ve been searching threads and getting a variety of opinions and past experiences on November weather in Florida.

Seems to me like it varies! But can anyone give me an idea of what you usually wear? Shorts or jeans? Hoodie or no hoodie? Does it get cold enough at night to need a fleece or jacket? We’re from Colorado BUT last winter we went to Disneyland and we froze because we didn’t pack enough warm clothes and we’re caught off guard. I don’t want to be caught off guard again!

We’re dorky and I always plan out Disney outfits so I’m trying to decide what to bring. 🤩

Are you going early November or late? We have been late November and needed pretty much everything. A few days were shorts and t-shirts, but most days were more jeans and a light jacket weather. A few of the nights we were so cold that we wished we'd packed a warm hat and gloves. We had on pants, warm socks, sweaters AND coats with hoods and still froze. We're from Canada, so I'm not exaggerating how cold it was.

So, in sum: pack it all.

We are going this November for the first time as well, we usually go in January and need to bundle up at night. Planning mostly the same for this trip. Leggings/jeans and a tshirt for the days and add some sweaters and hoodies for the evenings.
Hoping to actually get some pool time in the afternoons this trip as it’s usually too cool for that in January.

All of it? Really it's the grey area of what to pack. It can be 80+ degrees during the day and get to 45 degrees at night so both shorts and jeans are good. Jackets help but I would bring a heavier jacket just in case you're going during the latter part of November. The humidity makes it feel colder than it is at night.

I live here so by that point I usually wear jeans and boots every day.

Local here, I live in Winter Garden

I'm wearing shorts right now... the high today is somewhere between 88 and 90 - with a chance of rain of course...

Florida weather is so fickled... and can not and will not make up it's mind for anything...

I would say to keep you from over packing and bringing everything, I would add in some tide pods or whatever your brand is, and do a load of laundry... if you need to..... and mix and match what you bring...

Watch the weather the week or so before...

So with that said... I looked back at some pictures from last year... several shots we both had on shorts, DH a T-shirt or polo, and I had on a nice sleeveless shirt and one or two with short sleeves shirts... one picture we both had on jeans it was at Epcot at night, short sleeve shirts underneath and both had on our Disney hoodies, ( there were Christmas decorations in the background so in December for sure most likely Candlelight processional ), one picture we had on shorts and shirts, and I had on a jacket, DH did not have a jacket on.

Shorts
T-shirts, I like nicer shirts so I stick with that...
Hoodie or a lightweight jacket that can double - jacket and rain jacket if needed.. with a zipper... it gets hot standing in the line, and now that the lines snake out so much and not much shade in some spots, it will be easier to take off and put back on again.
Couple pairs of jeans
Leggings or exercise wear

For the kids, I would plan on bring both for each day... as you can throw a pair of jeans in the day bag and be good to go. Hoodie or Jacket and mittens, and a watch cap.

Depending on your kids, maybe a blanket( lightweight) for in the stroller... with the hours in the parks ever changing, this is one of those things that can go either way... Or you could just buy one if you feel the need... everyone can always use a Disney blanket... as well I know that this might not pertain to your kids... but sometimes a blanket from home with a familiar smell helps the kids sleep easier...

Tennis shoes, deck shoes or loafers and socks... especially for the kiddo's

By the way, you might want to bring a swim suit, guest will be swimming still for sure... the pool are heated...

Awesome everyone, thanks for the wealth of information! :worship: We’re going 11/13-11/20 so like mid-November.

It does sound like I’ll be able to wear my spirit jerseys which is great. I’ll be sure to pack our jackets too. Layers sound like the key! My son (10) is Wisconsin born and doesn’t feel the cold so I’m sure he’ll be fine with shorts but I’ll bring him pants just in case. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Florida (and WDW!) but I do remember how cold the humidity can make you feel.

Are you going early November or late? We have been late November and needed pretty much everything. A few days were shorts and t-shirts, but most days were more jeans and a light jacket weather. A few of the nights we were so cold that we wished we'd packed a warm hat and gloves. We had on pants, warm socks, sweaters AND coats with hoods and still froze. We're from Canada, so I'm not exaggerating how cold it was.

So, in sum: pack it all.

Totally agree! We even had flurries one year we were there. For some reason, whether FL or Vegas, it randomly snows if we show up. 😂

Life long floridian. Me i would bring mostly shorts and the like with a pair of jeans. You can always buy sweatshirts. I will say that it seems like it is not as cold in November and December as it used to be.

We will be there in the middle of November. We plan to bring shorts, t shirts, jeans, a hoodie and a jacket. Do think it will be warm enough to wear sandals ? I love my Clark slides.

We will be there in the middle of November. We plan to bring shorts, t shirts, jeans, a hoodie and a jacket. Do think it will be warm enough to wear sandals ? I love my Clark slides.
Bring them. But bring something else too. I’ve worn boots and sandals on the same trip in Nov and Dec!

A couple years ago we were at WDW the first week of November and every day it was at least 88!! The Christmas party on the 9th of November was different to say the least as the temp was far different than our midwest Christmas temps but we loved it - shorts and tanks tops. However, I assume this was an unusual year.

We have rented lockers at the park entrance and put a change of clothes or extra hoodies, even a small throw for the evening in the event it cooled down. That saved us from going home early and wasting half a park day.

I was there last year Nov 3-9 and it was hot and humid everyday-except the last day! Most days we went back for a swim. The last park day we woke up to beautiful weather and I thought for sure we would go back and swim. By the afternoon the weather turned and it became cool and rained (this was the 1st day of MVMCP btw). By dinner we were in pants and jackets. I would say definitely bring shorts and pants. If you had too you could always buy a top or jacket in one of the many gift shops. There is no shortage of those!

Pack everything....we went right before Veterans Day one year and I was totally unprepared for the cold. We layered up and luckily we drove and my sister had a spare jacket or two in the car. Another year, we were at Bonnet Creek the first week in December and everyone was going swimming and wearing shorts. By a week or so before your trip, you should be able to get an idea from the forecast, but we have found Nov thru Jan to be unpredictable weather months in Florida.

summer clothes plus rain gear. weather here does not change until maybe January, at which point goes down 5 degrees. plan for warm days.

I had a mid November trip once. First day was warm, then a storm came through and the rest of the week was only in the 60’s and cold at night. We were not prepared, had to buy sweatshirts. So watch the forecast and do final packing last minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter