Now Able to Merge/Transfer Gift Card Balances

MADnNOLA

DIS Veteran
FYI - you can now merge Disney gift cards on the site www.disneygiftcard.com.

After signing in, you can register 5 cards at a time. Then chose a card to merge to, and select the other cards. It was quick and easy! I able to merge 12 cards into 2 cards! There is a limit of $1000 per card.

For some reason, I had problems with a few cards not wanting to merge. I would get an error message of "this card is not transferable" (or something similar). I went on and did the other cards. The ones I had a problem with, I was able to merge them together. That is the reason for 2 cards.

It sure will help when I pay off my room only reservation and I don't have to give the CM several card numbers. And think about how much easier at the resort when you want to pay down my charges and only have one or two cards. :yay:

Nice find!!! This will come in handy, now I will not have to carry tons of gift cards around!!!! Thanks for posting :cutie:

My guess is the CMs who deal with people calling in to pay off balances for the resorts AND the cruiseline begged for this so they don't have to spend hours on the phone with people who have stacks of $25-$50 gift cards for a balance in the hundreds or thousands. (Not to mention the metrics of ridiculously long phone calls that would show up on daily reports.)

I just go to my local Disney Store and reload ONE reloadable card.

Thank you very much for this!!!!

Considering Disney gift cards for paying off our balance. Sams club has them for less than face value, so maybe...

Only downside is if you need to cancel you are refunded in Disney gift cards, not credit back to credit card.

Dan

Thanks so much for reporting this!! My dd's both have multiple gift cards as bday gifts from family for our upcoming trip and it would be great to merge them all onto one card per kid. I was actually considering ordering the personalized gift card where you can put the kids picture on it, but didn't do it cause I couldn't transfer the other balances. Now I may do it!

Is this the same thing as the wrist band card we have from previous Food&Wine visits? Hope so because we have 3 with small balances I'd like to merge.

Bill From PA

My guess is the CMs who deal with people calling in to pay off balances for the resorts AND the cruiseline begged for this so they don't have to spend hours on the phone with people who have stacks of $25-$50 gift cards for a balance in the hundreds or thousands. (Not to mention the metrics of ridiculously long phone calls that would show up on daily reports.)

That's what we do too. But twice my boyfriend forgot our reloadable card and had to get additional giftcards. It'll be nice to merge those two onto our original card.

I would just get 1 card but :
1. I get fuel points by buying at Grocery store and they only sell 50.00 cards anymore
2. My Disney Store is currently Closed and we are some of lucky few who even have a Disney store close
3. by time I get to Disney store I've passed at least 6 grocery stores where I can buy gift cards

Is this the same thing as the wrist band card we have from previous Food&Wine visits? Hope so because we have 3 with small balances I'd like to merge.

Bill From PA

I don't see why not a gift card is a gift card in Disney's eyes

Thanks for posting this fantastic news :thumbsup2I'm going to grab my big o' stack of cards right now and start merging.:cool1:

I just merged 35 gift cards into 3. I have 2 $1000 cards and 1 $750 card. Yippee.

Reactions: lwc
It's about time. This will make my life with disney purchases a little easier. I have so many cards to keep track of.

This is fantastic - especially since the disney store will only let you use one card if shopping online!

Can gift cards purchased at Target that have a pre-set value already built in like $50 (rather than selecting any value you wish at a Disney location), be combined? Or is it only for Disney gift cards purchased at a Disney location?
Thanks!

Following - I have the same question about the Target gift cards. Especially since you can get 5% off when you buy with your red card!

Can gift cards purchased at Target that have a pre-set value already built in like $50 (rather than selecting any value you wish at a Disney location), be combined? Or is it only for Disney gift cards purchased at a Disney location?
Thanks!

Yes, you can combine the Target gift cards. The $50 is actually on the card stock that the gift card is attached to, the card itself has no value printed on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter