Now arriving a day early and leaving a day later but getting confused... Help!

SorryI'mNotSorry

The human world... it's a mess.
Alright... so let me see if I can break this down and see if anyone can give me some advice. Fingers crossed!

So we are booked at ASMu in a family suite from Nov 25-Dec 4. We were originally driving down from up north, which is about 15 hours each way. Blah. We just found a great deal on airfare that we can't pass up, but there's one catch... the deal is flying out of our city the day BEFORE we check in (Nov 24) and flying back to our city one day after we check out (Dec 5).

So I assume we get a cheap on site room for the first night, right? That's the only way to get our bags from the magical express to the hotel, and we wouldn't have transportation if we stayed offsite anyway. Okay, so pretty much everything is booked that night. Can't even get a regular room at Music. If I call, will there be more availability for that one night?

So now the night going back home. We are scheduled to check out Dec 4. The flight we found leaves at 7:30 the next morning. MK is open until 11 or midnight on the 4th. So we would get back to our room around 12-1am, then need to leave by like 4am? Seems stupid to even pay for a room for three hours. But then, I really don't have another option, do I? How late does the magical express run? What would you do?

We have a similar situation. We booked our resort stay, DVC 11 months ago. When we booked flights it was cheaper to come in the day before and leave the day after. We booked at the airport hotel for those 2 nights. We will have to get our luggage but that’s not that difficult. We will not have any other transportation either.

You can stay at the airport Hyatt both nights, when you arrive you can catch DME 1st thing next morning and maybe take UBER to the Hyatt on the 4th.

This is exactly what I'd recommend.

You can stay at the airport Hyatt both nights, when you arrive you can catch DME 1st thing next morning and maybe take UBER to the Hyatt on the 4th.

How would that work with magical express? I wouldn't use the yellow luggage tags, correct? Just use the transportation?

How would that work with magical express? I wouldn't use the yellow luggage tags, correct? Just use the transportation?
Right, get your bags from baggage claim and just bring them to the magical express bus when you go to board. You will need to bring them to your room or leave them at bell services until your room is ready. Same thing going back, bring your luggage to the bus, get it off and then keep it with you while you’re at the Hyatt

...So now the night going back home. We are scheduled to check out Dec 4. The flight we found leaves at 7:30 the next morning. MK is open until 11 or midnight on the 4th. So we would get back to our room around 12-1am, then need to leave by like 4am? Seems stupid to even pay for a room for three hours. But then, I really don't have another option, do I? How late does the magical express run? What would you do?
However, you aren't booking the room for four hours. Check out time is 11AM and you'd need to be out of the room at 11AM the day before you depart. You'd have that extra last day for 17 hours.

Have you tried to modify your reservation to include those dates?

The Hyatt is a great option so you can still utilize DME, however, it's not cheap. I would still see if you can find a place on property and factor in all costs - room and transportation.

Okay, so here's some updated plans but also a couple more questions.

We are going to spend that first night at art of animation, so we will take DME to AofA on the 24th. Our other reservation starts on the 25th at ASMu. How will we get from resort A to resort B on the 25th with our luggage?

On the way back, we are going to spend that last night at the airport Hyatt as suggested above. The magical express is supposed to pick you up three hours prior to your flight, but we don't fly out until the next day, the 25th. They'll still take us on the 24th when our Disney reservation ends, correct? Even if we don't have a flight number that day? Anyone know the latest time in the evening you can get a magical express bus to MCO?

Okay, so here's some updated plans but also a couple more questions.

We are going to spend that first night at art of animation, so we will take DME to AofA on the 24th. Our other reservation starts on the 25th at ASMu. How will we get from resort A to resort B on the 25th with our luggage?

On the way back, we are going to spend that last night at the airport Hyatt as suggested above. The magical express is supposed to pick you up three hours prior to your flight, but we don't fly out until the next day, the 25th. They'll still take us on the 24th when our Disney reservation ends, correct? Even if we don't have a flight number that day? Anyone know the latest time in the evening you can get a magical express bus to MCO?

To transfer resorts, you have two options. Either use a cab/uber/lyft and take your luggage to ASMu yourself, or have Bell Services at AoA transfer your luggage for you and then use WDW transportation to get to ASMu (you would need to bus to a park or DS, then take another bus to ASMu). If you do the latter, your luggage won't be at ASMu until late afternoon.

For your last day, find a "dummy" flight on any airline leaving right before midnight and give that info to DME. That will set your pick up time at around 9 pm. If you want to leave later, take a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter