Now don't everyone faint dead away!

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I (yep Mrs OKW) am going to try for a studio at BCV the first week of May. I just MUST see what all the hoopla is about. Besides, we are specifically going for the flower and garden festival. Any advice about the festival?

Best wishes! I especially love to go to the Flower Power Concerts, even if I wasn't crazy about the group way back when, I've enjoyed every FPC. We go to the first of the evening because we just may want to go back for a second one that night.

I go the the WDWThemePark&Strategies board to see pictures that others have put up and be sure to take note of special displays that I want to see. The area between the World Showcase and Future world always has nice displays, playground, maze or water features.

We're going but are staying offsite this year...not enough points to stretch for the weekend that we can go.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Every other time that we have gone for the F&G we HAVE stayed in a studio in BCV, so getting a studio definitely has been doable.

I (yep Mrs OKW) am going to try for a studio at BCV the first week of May. I just MUST see what all the hoopla is about. Besides, we are specifically going for the flower and garden festival. Any advice about the festival?

Let us know how you like it, as one of these trips I'm going to try BCV or VWL. If DH wasn't such a stick in the mud, I would try to change our May trip to either of those resorts.

Like you would like to understand the "hoopla"

Well, it's going to be OKW again after all! There were no studios available at BCV during that time, and I didn't want to spend the points this trip for a 1 bedroom. I have never waitlisted (too much of a control freak for that), so I went with "home" again. BTW, there were 2 nights of studios available at BWV, for those wondering. Our trip is from April 29-May 3. A short one for us, but just right for the F&G, I think.

Too bad you didn't try about a week ago because I canceled my BCV reservation for April 29-May 11 for a studio. I was waitlisted for BWV-standard studio room and had 11 of the 12 nights I needed and right after Christmas, my waitlist for the night of May 7th came through. So I just canceled my 12 night studio stay at BCV (my backup) and saved about 30 points by getting into the standard room. I guess my cancelation of such a huge chunk of time made alot of peoples waitlists come through.

Hope you will enjoy the Garden Show Ms. Diane!
Thanks for all you entertaining and great posts on the boards. (I'm a fan!:) )
Pixie dust for you and yours during your travels wherever you stay!

~DW:3dglasses

So you tease us with your infidelity then cant follow through on it.... lol

I have stayed at all the DVC's resorts with the exception of SSR... All are lovely....

Laura, I tried! The only thing I was offered was VWL, and that is so much like home, I decided to stay at OKW instead.

OMG...I thought I would never see this post! :rotfl2: :lmao:

Enjoy your trip and make sure to write a massive trip report when you get back comparing BCV to your beloved OKW.

Diane:

Have a Magical Vacation, and please write a detailed trip report.

Don't worry about being honest, all of us OKWers got your back, spill all the ugly truths about BCV!!!!

-Tony

I'll be at the BCV in a studio 4/22-27 (Pop 4/20-22)
first trip during F&G

Let us know how you like it, as one of these trips I'm going to try BCV or VWL. If DH wasn't such a stick in the mud, I would try to change our May trip to either of those resorts.

Like you would like to understand the "hoopla"

DH lurks on these boards, well he read this comment of mine and called MS and has us waitlisted for BCV or VWL for our May trip.

Diane:

Have a Magical Vacation, and please write a detailed trip report.

Don't worry about being honest, all of us OKWers got your back, spill all the ugly truths about BCV!!!!

-Tony

Can't do that, since it wasn't available!

Besides, we are specifically going for the flower and garden festival. Any advice about the festival?

For years, we went every year during May. The festival is very pretty - when I saw EPCOT decked out for Christmas it reminded me of the F&G Festival decorations - because many of them are in the same locations as the holiday decorations. You'll want to take lots of pictures! It never seemed very crowded either & the weather is usually nice. I honestly thought the weather last week was just about the same as the weather we encountered in May.

if you love flowers, herbs or anything in the garden - you will love it.

it is definitely worth doing.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/ep-flower-garden.htm#hm-FG-img

I can't believe you were actually trying another resort.

You know even Rich stayed at BWV during the flower/garden festavial - not to mention the food/wine festavial.

I have stayed at all the DVC resorts - all have good things - all bad...nothing in life is perfect.

who knows you might another DVC resort besides OKW that you love.:rolleyes1

I (yep Mrs OKW) am going to try for a studio at BCV the first week of May.

Okay, I know you didn't get BCV, BUT YOU TRIED!!! :scared1:

First Maistre G is waxing eloquent about GF at Christmas while ignoring his true love VWL.

And now this!!!

I'll give you the same quote I gave MG when he confessed his infidelity:
Dr. Peter Venkman said:
This is a disaster of biblical proportions. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...the dead rising from the grave. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria. :scared:

Even THINKING about staying somewhere besides OKW? What is this world coming to? :eek:

Sweet Jesus, I think there has just been a rip in the time-space continuim. Next thing you know, Spock is going to start spouting poetry. You'll have a ball at the festival and you'll love my "home" :love: . Although, I too have defected to the WLV. Isn't Disney great!

I'm sorry you couldn't get BCV.

I was very nervous we wouldn't get it for our trip either (July 29-Aug.3) but DH called last Wed. (Jan. 3) & got a studio booked for our whole trip.

I can't wait to get there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter