Now I'm worried- 2 BR at BWV

brandip22

Busy obsessing over my next trip!
Well, I just read the thread stating that BWV doesn't have dedicated 2 BRs. After all the time I spend on here, I would think I should have read that somewhere. Anyway, DH and I are bring my Ds who is 3 and DNeice who is 10. The will be in the 2nd bedroom- or studio I guess. How have you all handled that with kids? I hate that they'll have access to a door- the front one and the balcony. I trust them, but it makes me nervous, too. Should I try to change resorts? We're leaving in 25 days, so I may not be able to, I guess. Maybe I'm jsut being paranoid- what do y'all think? (oh, and FWIW, I've never seen the villas in person, so maybe it's fine)

One more thought- it'd cost the same number of points to move to VWL- plus, that's closer to MK, which would be good with DS3 since we'll be in MK a lot. Can we even move this close and woudl there be availability? Thanks again!

If you lock the deadbolt and put the chain on the door, I doubt the 3yo could get it open himself. The 10yo could regardless of where you stay, so I wouldn't worry about her.

We've always found the balconies to be very well protected. I don't think you have any worries there either. In fact, some of the balconies at BWV have a solid wall that you can't even see over. If you want, you could always remove all of the furniture from the balcony during your stay. I doubt they could get into any real trouble then.

If you are really worried about the balcony, request a first floor/ground level room.

You could also move the table and chairs in front of the door - that should prevent your little guy from getting out the door or at least delay him long enough for you to catch him.

Assuming the 10 year old is not a special needs child, she should be able to understand that you do not want her or her cousin to use that door. I'd also recomment that you keep the connecting doors (between the 2nd bedroom and the living room open) during the night.

Best wishe s-

How far from their parent's room at home is their bedrooms? Some kids are used to sleeping 'in a different wing' anyway. I wouldn't depend on the 10 year old to wake up if the 3 year old does....That age tends to be pretty 'dead to the world' sleepers.

Talk with the parents. Ask how they would handle it. Maybe you could downgrade from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom, have the kids sleep on the couch pull out and leave the bedroom door open all night?

It's hard to be totally responsible for other people's littleuns, but I think you'll do great!

I think I'm ok with my neuce, who'll be 10- she'll actually love having her own room. Since it's aqueen bed, my DS can sleep with her. His room is across the hall from mine at home, but I am feeling better now. Thanks for your advice guys! I will make sure the door is dead bolted and my neice is great abut obeying me. I'll probably go ahead and move the furniture off their balconey, though- just in case. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter