Now second guessing my reservations

Smoomoo

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone
Now I have 8 weeks to go with nothing to do but wait :) o_O
I'm on the Deluxe dining plan, and I have been super lucky to get the restaurants and times I wanted
BUT
I am wondering if I missed a restaurant that I should have booked.
these are the places booked. Can you tell me if I am missing somewhere.
Le Hacienda
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Yachtsman
Tokyo dining
The Boat house
Skippers
Cali Grill timed for the fireworks
Jiko
Mama Melrose
Brown Derby
Rose and Crown illuminations
Tiffins
Yak and Yeti
1900 breakfast but hoping to score Cali brunch

Please let me know if I have missed any special places
Thank you for any responses

Last edited:
Very nice lineup of ADR's. IMHO I would make one change. I would deep six The Boathouse and make a reservation for Art Smith's Homecomin.

I am also thinking about Coral Reef and Le Cellier.
I haven't been to either for 10 Years and the reviews now are not too great.

La Cantina de San Angel
Skippers Canteen
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Tokyo Dining
Jiko
Tiffins
Hollywood Brown Derby
Yak and Yeti
Rose and Crown

We’ve enjoyed our experiences at all of these.

The rest have either disappointed us or we’ve never been.

I would get rid of Rose and Crown actually. You won't get views of Illuminations unless you pay out of pocket - they have an Illuminations package but you can't use credits on it, so you likely won't have good viewing. Coral Reef also gets pretty terrible reviews but the atmosphere is great...I haven't been, so I can't comment on it.

Do you have any little kids? I don't see any character dining besides 1900.

We're also on Deluxe in 10 weeks and I have changed my reservations every few days...I can't decide either!!!

I would get rid of Rose and Crown actually. You won't get views of Illuminations unless you pay out of pocket - they have an Illuminations package but you can't use credits on it, so you likely won't have good viewing. Coral Reef also gets pretty terrible reviews but the atmosphere is great...I haven't been, so I can't comment on it.

We're also on Deluxe in 10 weeks and I have changed my reservations every few days...I can't decide either!!!
Hi yes I payed for the Iluminations package not that interested in the food coming from th UK 😁.
iv e been to Coral Reef and enjoyed it but it seems to be not so great now.
No kids so 1900 might be a bit crazy but the food looks good😊

Hi yes I payed for the Iiluminations package not that interested in the food coming from th UK 😁.
iv e been to Coral Reef and enjoyed it but it seems to be not so great now.
No kids so 1900 might be a bit crazy but the food looks good😊

I'd probably skip Coral Reef as well as Le Cellier (overrated for a signature).

You've got Yachtsman, so there's your great steak. How about Narcoosee in place of Coral Reef.

We did Homecomin' last year and it was one of our favorite meals. We got to sit out on the screened in "porch" which I think added to the experience. I mean, it is simple food, but well done. Desserts are pretty wonderful here too.

I would not 2nd guess your selections. As I used to tell Junior Marines make a decision and stick with it. Your 1st thoughts are usually your best ones. While I have had a less than great experience at a couple of your selections (Rose & Crown) I still say try them. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you wont, even if you do not have kids 1900 at breakfast is a hoot, The Mad Hatter is great,

I would not 2nd guess your selections. As I used to tell Junior Marines make a decision and stick with it. Your 1st thoughts are usually your best ones. While I have had a less than great experience at a couple of your selections (Rose & Crown) I still say try them. Just because I dig6vgggdn't like it doesn't mean you wont, even 6,vyvg6 vg64if you do not have kids 1900 at breakfast is a hoot, The Mad Hatter is great,
I must admit I wouldnt do Rose and crown if it wasnt for the illuminations package.

Generally speaking, you booked the ADRs you have for a reason. They all appealed to you in one way or another. Don't let other peoples opinions sway you from experience something for yourself. You never know what you might miss out on.

With that being said, personally, I would also drop Coral Reef and Le Cellier. I would swap those with Flying Fish and Spice Road Table (to keep use of the same amount of credits).

Le Cellier is a must do every time we head out there. I second Narcoose...you should see if you could fit that in. Either way you have a solid line up there. You're not going to regret going to any of those choices.

Have you looked into making Mama Melrose or Brown Derby into a Fantasmic package. Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting a FP for the show.

they look great overall.

If anything, I would do Flying Fish over Coral Reef. Flying Fish is outstanding and visiting The Boardwalk at night is a lot of fun.

I would also personally change Le Cellier to Monsieur Paul. It is just better food and atmosphere nowadays in my opinion.

But those are the only changes I would do if it was me.

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Now I have 8 weeks to go with nothing to do but wait :) o_O
I'm on the Deluxe dining plan, and I have been super lucky to get the restaurants and times I wanted
BUT
I am wondering if I missed a restaurant that I should have booked.
these are the places booked. Can you tell me if I am missing somewhere.
Le Hacienda
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
Yachtsman
Tokyo dining
The Boat house
Skippers
Cali Grill timed for the fireworks
Jiko
Mama Melrose
Brown Derby
Rose and Crown illuminations
Tiffins
Yak and Yeti
1900 breakfast but hoping to score Cali brunch

Please let me know if I have missed any special places
Thank you for any responses

I would drop Boathouse and add Flying Fish.

Boathouse is IMO a waste of 2 credits. You can get better value and a real signature experience elsewhere. Everything else looks great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter