• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now that Narcoossee's has opened again...what's it like?

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

Our trip is coming up soon, and I am so excited that I was able to snag a Narcoossee ADR for our last night. DH and I have had great experiences here in the past, and I'm curious about what it's like with all of the updates. What is this restaurant like now? What is the food like? Has anyone had really delish things that they would recommend when we go at the beginning of November? (In the past, their mahi mahi dish was the best fish I've ever had...ever!)

Just curious...I haven't seen any feedback on the the new and improved Narcoossee's. Thanks so much!

So… I’ll start by saying we love Narcoossee’s. It’s our must-do dinner every November trip with our good friends. We were excited for them to be reopen, so we ate there during our August trip instead of waiting. However, this one was a bit disappointing. My filet was overcooked and dry. I did not send it back, though. At least I received mine in a timely manner. My friend is gluten free and hers was to be cooked as an allergy safe dinner. I guess they forgot to make hers and it did not come out until everyone finished theirs. They did not charge her for it, though. She ended up taking it to go and forgot she had it in the beverage cooler and ended up throwing it out. Definitely not our best dinner there, but we will be back. Just assumed they’re still working things out. Hopefully you’ll have a better experience 🙂

So… I’ll start by saying we love Narcoossee’s. It’s our must-do dinner every November trip with our good friends. We were excited for them to be reopen, so we ate there during our August trip instead of waiting. However, this one was a bit disappointing. My filet was overcooked and dry. I did not send it back, though. At least I received mine in a timely manner. My friend is gluten free and hers was to be cooked as an allergy safe dinner. I guess they forgot to make hers and it did not come out until everyone finished theirs. They did not charge her for it, though. She ended up taking it to go and forgot she had it in the beverage cooler and ended up throwing it out. Definitely not our best dinner there, but we will be back. Just assumed they’re still working things out. Hopefully you’ll have a better experience 🙂

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Usually Narcrossees has one of the best filets in WDW (we haven’t been there since the re-imagine). Hope they improve this.

Yikes. Sorry to hear that. Usually Narcrossees has one of the best filets in WDW (we haven’t been there since the re-imagine). Hope they improve this.
We have been eating there every year for many years, this is our first less than perfect experience with them. I’m not worried about it. We will be back! 🙂

I’ve been following this thread hoping to hear from someone who ate there after the more recent reopening on October 13! Hopefully the problems have been resolved.

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like there have been a few hiccups at Narcoossee's, but I'm still really looking forward to eating at one of my very favorite restaurants!

I’ve been following this thread hoping to hear from someone who ate there after the more recent reopening on October 13! Hopefully the problems have been resolved.
Same here! We have a reservation for the 30th around fireworks time. Hoping all this is ironed out by then

We ate there late July (30th). I had the caesar salad and lobster bisque, along with an Empress Lime Gimlet. It was lovely. Got done just in time for the fireworks.
I got the same reservation time for our trip in three weeks.

We have eaten there twice since the renovation but not after Oct. We really enjoyed the seafood charcuterie appetizer. The key lime martini is amazing. Our food was great too. They still have the GF calamari which is what keeps us coming back there and it’s still delicious.

I don’t see any change to the menu since the October reopening. I have eaten there twice since the large renovation, including the last night they were open in September. The food both visits was superb. I agree with poster above that the seafood charcuterie is delicious and interesting. The rockfish was my favorite entree on our entire 10 day anniversary trip.

We have eaten there many times and has been a favorite, however since it’s renovation, somewhat disappointing. Other places on property are worth the money (Citricos, Flying Fish, etc.) in our opinion. The vibe/experience is just ok.

We have eaten there many times and has been a favorite, however since it’s renovation, somewhat disappointing. Other places on property are worth the money (Citricos, Flying Fish, etc.) in our opinion. The vibe/experience is just ok.
Citricos and Flying fish were are 2 best meals last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter