Now worried about off-site stay-

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
We cancelled our Disney trip for June 19-24 a week before Disney announced they would be closed then anyway. I am taking my adult son and 7 (and a half, as he always insists) grandson to Legoland, Sea World, and Universal. I bought dated park-to-park tickets so we can do IOA and USF for June 22, with the express plus that lets you ride most things more than once in the express line. These were way expensive, but what we badly wanted. We will drive 8 hours to Orlando, and this is the only time we can go on a vacation with my grandson due to visitation. My entire vacation is costing much less than our Disney one, but since we are going to three different parks I am not staying at a Universal hotel. Now I am worrying we won't be able to get in the parks with limited attendance. We really like the looks and reviews of the resort we booked, and don't want to change. We plan on arriving to Universal an hour before opening to the parking lot, anyway. Any ideas as to how Universal will handle this? Or when they will announce how they will handle this? If we can't go June 22, we can't go period.

I'm in the same boat as you. We switched our Disney June 18th check in date and we are just buying APs for Universal now and saving a lot of money. We are staying at the Hyatt across the street for $76 a night. When Universal announced everything they said they didn't plan on doing reservations for the parks because they wouldn't have any issues with capacity. So at this point i'm also planning on arriving at least an hour early to make sure we don't run into any issues.

Hopefully someone else knows something else or I guess we will have to watch how things work here in another week.

The key is to arrive way before the parking garage opens.
You can turn the car off and wait in line for them to open.

I think it is easier to do that instead of waiting for near time the park opens to drive to the parking garage.

you will be waiting in a line no matter what to park your car.

The earlier you get their the better of course, but I would hope that since you have dated tickets (and express passes) they have considered that in capacity levels.
Might be worth emailing customer service for some input as all we can do is guess - this is uncharted territory to say the least.

I just don't see Universal turning away thousands of people and telling them sorry about your luck. What a PR nightmare that would be. My guess is they are finalizing their plan and then will anounce and adjust accordingly. I have a trip reserved for the end of July at Royal Pacific and never activated annual passes.

We are staying at RPH, and we can get to the parks for early entry, so I'm not worried about getting in. What worries me is if we head back to the hotel for some reason, or want to go to Citywalk for lunch. Will they let us back into the parks? I'm very curious as to how this limited capacity will work.

We are staying at RPH, and we can get to the parks for early entry, so I'm not worried about getting in. What worries me is if we head back to the hotel for some reason, or want to go to Citywalk for lunch. Will they let us back into the parks? I'm very curious as to how this limited capacity will work.
There are no EE hours listed on the website after opening... I hope they update it.

I am hopeful UO will be able to clearly state new park procedures after June 1 & 2 trials are completed.

We will all be on the same page and know what to expect
when the parks open to the public June 5.

We cancelled our Disney trip for June 19-24 a week before Disney announced they would be closed then anyway. I am taking my adult son and 7 (and a half, as he always insists) grandson to Legoland, Sea World, and Universal. I bought dated park-to-park tickets so we can do IOA and USF for June 22, with the express plus that lets you ride most things more than once in the express line. These were way expensive, but what we badly wanted. We will drive 8 hours to Orlando, and this is the only time we can go on a vacation with my grandson due to visitation. My entire vacation is costing much less than our Disney one, but since we are going to three different parks I am not staying at a Universal hotel. Now I am worrying we won't be able to get in the parks with limited attendance. We really like the looks and reviews of the resort we booked, and don't want to change. We plan on arriving to Universal an hour before opening to the parking lot, anyway. Any ideas as to how Universal will handle this? Or when they will announce how they will handle this? If we can't go June 22, we can't go period.
I feel for you- having paid for park-to-park and express tickets. If after things open up it looks like they are giving preferential entry to UO resort guests, you may want to consider booking one night say June 21 at the cheapest resort just to have it, whether or not you stay there. You may need to check in and get room keys if that is required. I hope not, it is not an ideal solution, but things are so up in the air right now. We just have to wait and see how it goes.

I got my answer for one of my questions... resort guest numbers are being taken into consideration when park capacity is determined, so if they parks reach capacity, resort guests will still be allowed in. (source: Orlando Informer Blog)

I got my answer for one of my questions... resort guest numbers are being taken into consideration when park capacity is determined, so if they parks reach capacity, resort guests will still be allowed in. (source: Orlando Informer Blog)
Well Universal phone TM's may have a lot in common with Disney phone CM's! When I asked, the TM said it was first come first served no matter if you were in a resort hotel of not! I asked when I had to change my ticket from Monday June 22 to Sunday June 21. That is Father's Day. Crowd calendars (yeah, I know, but I've used them for years at WDW) actually predict a smaller crowd that day. We also realized due to custody issues we had to change days anyway. I will be watching what happens after opening. I don't want to have to rent a resort room I won't be using, but my DGS has had so ay disappointments these first few months after the big D I think I would just to make sure he didn't have another one.

Well Universal phone TM's may have a lot in common with Disney phone CM's! When I asked, the TM said it was first come first served no matter if you were in a resort hotel of not! I asked when I had to change my ticket from Monday June 22 to Sunday June 21. That is Father's Day. Crowd calendars (yeah, I know, but I've used them for years at WDW) actually predict a smaller crowd that day. We also realized due to custody issues we had to change days anyway. I will be watching what happens after opening. I don't want to have to rent a resort room I won't be using, but my DGS has had so ay disappointments these first few months after the big D I think I would just to make sure he didn't have another one.
I believe room only reservations are fully cancellable and refundable up to 5 days before, so maybe you would have an idea before then? (Check my info though). I am pulling for you, hoping you have a great visit. I won't be back until October, and I will be offsite then (if I even go) but I have an AP, so who knows?

I'd say the dated tickets are accounted into the attendance for the day and likely act as a reservation of sorts. Whenever they sell a set number of tickets for that day, or on said day as walk ups, they will shut off new ticket purchases. I would recommend calling them to verify but I believe that is the point of the dated tickets for the parks right now.

What about purchasing tickets from a third party, like UT? Would that not be advisable right now or would those tickets likely still be honored? We do have resort reservations

I believe room only reservations are fully cancellable and refundable up to 5 days before, so maybe you would have an idea before then? (Check my info though). I am pulling for you, hoping you have a great visit. I won't be back until October, and I will be offsite then (if I even go) but I have an AP, so who knows?

I have room only bookings as an APH. This is what my booking says.

Policies*
Cancellation
Stress Free Booking Policy – Book By 6/30/20 for travel through 8/31/20 are fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter