Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking in in just 8 days. We are psyched!

Howdy neighbor... checking in 3 days later and also from NY... the other end of NY! We are packing packing packing as we start driving to Florida Thursday morning!

We had a standard "people pen" view in January and LOVED it! (Room 4576). Even saw fireworks from balcony one night - not sure from where?

Anyhoo... We return to AKL-Jambo TOMORROW!
Wake up at 4:30 am for a 7:05 AM flight.
Who needs sleep?
Cheerio!
:cool1:

Is "People Pen" view what the hotel calls that room? My two year old would love that view and I would like to request it but I am not sure what to ask for. Do you by any chance remember the room number?

Howdy neighbor... checking in 3 days later and also from NY... the other end of NY! We are packing packing packing as we start driving to Florida Thursday morning!

Let's hear it for the Thursday drive from Rochester to WDW...we'll be making it next Thursday. Spread some pixie dust on your way and we'll sweep it up one week later!

Let's hear it for the Thursday drive from Rochester to WDW...we'll be making it next Thursday. Spread some pixie dust on your way and we'll sweep it up one week later!

Awesome! Will leave trail as requested!

We leave on 9/5 for ten days at Kidani :cool1: We are staying in a one-bedroom and were wondering if all the rooms are over the parking or if there are some rooms that you have to park in the regular lot? We requested to be near the pool and near an elevator. Is this even possible? Of course knowing my luck with room requests we will get as far away from both the pool and an elevator as possible.

We will be staying in a two bedroom villa at Kidani Village. I have a few questions about the rooms.

1) how often, if ever, does housekeeping check the rooms?
2) can we ask for more towels or linen as needed?
3) can we use our own surge protectors since we need multiple outlets?

Thanks.

alizesmom said:
We will be staying in a two bedroom villa at Kidani Village. I have a few questions about the rooms.

Thanks.

In regards to Number 3, you can absolutely use your own surge protectors. Even before laptops were huge and everyone carried electronics with them everywhere they went, I would bring surge protectors to have space to charge all my video equipment and there was never an issue. I've also rewired the tv connections to attach vcrs back in the day (and dvd players later on) until they finally became aware that people wanted to watch their own movies at night ;)

Thanks.

Is this a cash reservation or through DVC? If cash they'll clean the rooms every day, if DVC and your stay is 7 days or less you won't see them until Day 4 for trash and towels. If you're there longer than 8 days you'll get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash/towel service on day 8, the cycle repeats on day 12. If you're booking through DVC I believe you have to pay for more towels, $5 I think. You can also pay for daily mouse keeping if you've booked through DVC but that's $35 a day.

35 more days until me and my wife arrive at AKL for our Honeymoon!! :cool1: We already did online check-in and requested highest floor possible and on the Kudu Trail. We also have listed on the reservation, if at all possible, a king bed room. This is our first time staying at AKL, what are people's thoughts about Kudu Trail?

Just booked our trip for next May! We love AKL. Stayed at kidani in June for the first time, while we enjoyed it, happy to be heading back to Jambo House! We'll be there 5/9-5/17. Question when we were there in June they were testing out the magic bands. Any idea if they were rolled out yet at AKL or when they will be?

We leave on 9/5 for ten days at Kidani :cool1: We are staying in a one-bedroom and were wondering if all the rooms are over the parking or if there are some rooms that you have to park in the regular lot? We requested to be near the pool and near an elevator. Is this even possible? Of course knowing my luck with room requests we will get as far away from both the pool and an elevator as possible.

Hi! I love Kidani, you'll have a great time! I made a similar request last time we were there. There are two elevators far down the left end of the "W".... they are Rafiki (which is RIGHT at the pool - and where you will take the elevator down - don't go through the lobby, do the parking deck gate instead) and Pumba. We were placed in-between these two elevators. Lots of options for parking and close enough to the pool to be comfortable. We sometimes parked at Pumba, sometimes at Rafiki...

You COULD park in the regular lot if you wanted to but typically you can get in the deck under the building which will give you much-appreciated shade on your car and get you closer to your designated elevator.

Hi! I love Kidani, you'll have a great time! I made a similar request last time we were there. There are two elevators far down the left end of the "W".... they are Rafiki (which is RIGHT at the pool - and where you will take the elevator down - don't go through the lobby, do the parking deck gate instead) and Pumba. We were placed in-between these two elevators. Lots of options for parking and close enough to the pool to be comfortable. We sometimes parked at Pumba, sometimes at Rafiki...

You COULD park in the regular lot if you wanted to but typically you can get in the deck under the building which will give you much-appreciated shade on your car and get you closer to your designated elevator.

Thanks! I cannot wait for this trip to start.

How do you know/request if you are at Jambo or Kidani? We are booked in a standard room with free dining but my reservation doesn't say anything about what building we are in. Is that just a DVC thing?

How do you know/request if you are at Jambo or Kidani? We are booked in a standard room with free dining but my reservation doesn't say anything about what building we are in. Is that just a DVC thing?

They are completely different resorts as far as booking is concerned. Standard room is Jambo House. Kidani is a DVC resort so the smallest units are deluxe studios.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter