Number of Canceled Costco Rental Cars

holyrita

DIS Veteran
I often book my rental car reservations very far in advance. In the time between booking and my trip the prices drop a bunch, sometimes a small amount, sometimes a large amount, but I always book at the lower fare then cancel the original reservation.

I noticed to while looking at my upcoming bookings with Costco Travel that my "Canceled" number has passed 100 canceled reservations. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of any repercussions for such a high number of cancelations and re-bookings? I may be over thinking it but now I'm afraid I'm going to be banned by Costco Travel or a car rental company for too many cancelations! They are always done before the travel date but I'm still nervous..

Never experienced any repercussions from canceling and rebooking thru Costco (though I am nowhere near 100). When you cancel, one of the reasons you can select from their drop-down is "Rebooked with Costco travel". That tells me they expect you to rebook when a better deal is available.

We’ve cancelled quite a few Costco rentals as well, especially the last one which seemed to be cheaper every week. I agree with above - they’re not surprised if you rebook due to pricing, they just probably hope you’ll rebook through them.

Don't know about Costco, but if you are cancelling in advance of your rental time, the rental companies aren't going to do anything. It's expected that things change. If you don't tell them and just no show, they are starting to care a little bit.

On my Costco Travel account, I have close to 400 cancellations. There have been no repercussions to date. I believe Costco says you should book the cheaper rate before canceling, so they know that happens. I did once have a Budget representative mention the number of cancellations I had when I picked the car up once (non-airport location).

I have a lot of Costco rental cancelations too. No where near my resort cancelations..... I can't make up my mind. In the end all these places do get my business so I'm sure that is their ultimate goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter