Number of DVC members?

How many DVC members are there?

• Total voters

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
I know DVC members can be anywhere in the world with different membership numbers. (I have 2 UY, so 2 member numbers)

How many current DVC member families do we think are in the world today?

*An official DVC PR report is on post 20 with the link to the article!*

Last edited:
I agree with the above, last I read there were over 220,000 DVC members as of 2020 but again that's from the all trusting internet so consider that with a grain of salt. When we joined in 2006, we were told there were over 140,000.

With all the new restrictions and fees, it will be interesting to see if that number decreases.

Last edited:

any new direct owners? How high is your member number, DON'T post it, just is it 100,00, 250,000, 300,000 or higher. As an early member, we only have 4 digits, less than 9,000.

any new direct owners? How high is your member number, DON'T post it, just is it 100,00, 250,000, 300,000 or higher. As an early member, we only have 4 digits, less than 9,000.
Now you have me confused. My Member ID is 12 digits. My Club ID is 6 digits before the decimal point. Our contract numbers are 7 digits before the decimal point (I understand the first 3 digits represent the home resort, so the last four are the actual contract number). Which of these is the "member number"? Is there another "member number"?

Our member number is 4 digits and the first digit is a 1.

mac_tlc
Member number or contract number?

We first purchased in '93 and our membership # has 12 digits. All of our contracts are four digits.

The last DVC member count I recall was about 20 years ago and DVC reported over 300,000. They did not distinguish whether that was contacts, memberships or any breakdown regarding members with multiple ownerships.

DVC originally also reported the number of members internationally by country. I don't recall when that stopped but can't recall similar reports for a number of years now.

Member number or contract number?

We first purchased in '93 and our membership # has 12 digits. All of our contracts are four digits.
Yes, that's my confusion! I'm trying to find out which number is being referred to as Member Number here.

A member number will be the Membership # which may be comprised of multiple contracts - which originally consisted of 4 digits followed by a decimal and possibly additional digits.

Our initial membership in 1993 was at OKW followed by a few direct add-ons (also at OKW). Beginning in 1995 we added contracts for HH to the same membership - and those also included the same original 4 digits and we eventually stopped adding to that membership with contract #8XXX.7 .

We also purchased several resale membership - each with a different Use Year. Each of those has the 12 digit Membership number of the original purchase and the same contract number assigned to the original member.

We purchased two OKW resales with lower Membership numbers than our 1963 OKW purchase.

Sorry, the membership number is 12 digits. I should have said contract number.
Doc, you're like me, 4 digits + the .000
Once they sold more then 9999 they added a digit, and so on, now it up to at least 6 indicating 100,000 +.

Last edited:
Doc, your like me, 4 digits + the .000
Once they sold more then 9999 they added a digit, and so on, now it up to at least 6 indicating 100,000 +.
Okay, our BWV contracts bought in 1997 are 7 digits, but the first one is a 4, denoting BWV, the next 2 are zeros, and the last 4 are the actual contract number - 400xxxx.0 and 400xxxx.1. What does that mean in terms of number of contracts when we bought?

Okay, our BWV contracts bought in 1997 are 7 digits, but the first one is a 4, denoting BWV, the next 2 are zeros, and the last 4 are the actual contract number - 400xxxx.0 and 400xxxx.1. What does that mean in terms of number of contracts when we bought?
My guess is that your last 4 digits (after the 400) show your purchase # for BWV. If yours is 4001007 - you would be BWV purchaser #1007. If 4002475 you would be purchaser # 2475 at BWV. If 4000007 you would be BWV's seventh purchaser ... but I could be wrong too. ;)

Based on my experience buying OKW in 1993 - any direct purchase you made with that same Use Year would have the same Member number and the same base contract number - the digits are the decimal indicates the number of "direct" individual contracts you have purchased for that Use Year (regardless of the resort). Our original contracts were listed as 8XXX.0, 8XXX.1, 8XXX.2, etc. But at this time there may be purchasers with enough add-on contracts that they are using xxxx.000, xxxx.001, xxxx.012, etc.

If you also purchase(d) a resale with the same Use Year and titled exactly the same, I expect that the contract # would be based on the resale contract even though it is being added to a different Member # than the original purchase for that contract.

Again - these are my assumptions based on the direct and resale purchases I made between 1993 and 2000.

My guess is that your last 4 digits (after the 400) show your purchase # for BWV. If yours is 4001007 - you would be BWV purchaser #1007. If 4002475 you would be purchaser # 2475 at BWV. If 4000007 you would be BWV's seventh purchaser ... but I could be wrong too. ;)

Based on my experience buying OKW in 1993 - any direct purchase made with that same Use Year would have the same Member number and the same base contract number - the digits are the decimal indicates the number of "direct" individual contracts you have purchased for that Use Year (regardless of the resort). Our original contracts were listed as 8XXX.0, 8XXX.1, 8XXX.2, etc. But at this time there may be purchasers with enough add-on contracts that they are using xxxx.000, xxxx.001, xxxx.012, etc.

If you also purchase(d) a resale with the same Use Year and titled exactly the same, I expect that the contract # would be based on the resale contract even though it is being added to a different Member # than the original purchase for that contract.

Again - these are my assumptions based on the direct and resale purchases I made between 1993 and 2000.
That’s what I thought - our BWV contracts are in the 2000s. But that would just indicate we were purchasers number 2xxx for BWV, not really give any indication of the total number of DVC purchasers, since there could be OKW purchasers number 2xxx too, right? I thought @BillPA was suggesting that the recently sold direct contracts could indicate how many DVC members there were.

Doc, you're like me, 4 digits + the .000
Our contract numbers are 8 digits before the decimal point and start with 16. We bought in about two years ago (December 2019).

I became a member today (yay!) and my Member ID is 12 digits long starting with 48xxxxxxxxxx. My Club ID is 7 digits long before the decimal and starts with 6xxxxxx. My resale contract number is 8 digits long before the decimal and starts with 15xxxxxx.

That’s what I thought - our BWV contracts are in the 2000s. But that would just indicate we were purchasers number 2xxx for BWV, not really give any indication of the total number of DVC purchasers, since there could be OKW purchasers number 2xxx too, right? I thought @BillPA was suggesting that the recently sold direct contracts could indicate how many DVC members there were.

The contract numbers will show the number of direct purchase contracts sold at each resort - but NOT the total number of DVC Members.

Even if we know the number of contracts sold at each DVC resort since 1991, some members own different Use Years at multiple resorts so the adding up the known contracts at each resort would not indicate the true # of members as some of us own multiple resorts and multiple resales.

I'm not sure DVC even has a simple way to identify the number of members as many contracts have multiple members listed as owner as families have parents and children named as owners, others have partners named as owners, others are owned by Trusts, and others are owned by LLC/PC/ (and other sorts of corporations).

I doubt DVC even cares how many true individual owners they have as the permutations can be pretty convoluted after 30+ years of sales. Placing a number on that doesn't reveal anything about the success of the program but certainly provides an interesting discussion. :)

The contract numbers will show the number of direct purchase contracts sold at each resort - but NOT the total number of DVC Members.

Even if we know the number of contracts sold at each DVC resort since 1991, some members own different Use Years at multiple resorts so the adding up the known contracts at each resort would not indicate the true # of members as some of us own multiple resorts and multiple resales.

I'm not sure DVC even has a simple way to identify the number of members as many contracts have multiple members listed as owner as families have parents and children named as owners, others have partners named as owners, others are owned by Trusts, and others are owned by LLC/PC/ (and other sorts of corporations).

I doubt DVC even cares how many true individual owners they have as the permutations can be pretty convoluted after 30+ years of sales. Placing a number on that doesn't reveal anything about the success of the program but certainly provides an interesting discussion. :)
I agree! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter