Number of DVC members?

How many DVC members are there?

• Total voters
"Today, Disney Vacation Club has more than 250,000 Member families, from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries, who have discovered the joys of membership."
https://www.yahoo.com/now/disney-vacation-club-interval-international-223800960.html

The article nicely indicates a change from the typical 7-night exchange to more flexible options.

" Disney Vacation Club Members will enjoy many flexible exchange opportunities and upgraded benefits and services. These include the ability to exchange their points toward ShortStay Exchange®, receive discounts on Getaway vacation rentals, and utilize VIP ConciergeSM for personal assistance, 24/7. Interval's hotel exchange benefit will also be available to eligible Disney Vacation Club Members at a later date. "

👍👍

Member number or contract number?

We first purchased in '93 and our membership # has 12 digits. All of our contracts are four digits.

The last DVC member count I recall was about 20 years ago and DVC reported over 300,000. They did not distinguish whether that was contacts, memberships or any breakdown regarding members with multiple ownerships.

DVC originally also reported the number of members internationally by country. I don't recall when that stopped but can't recall similar reports for a number of years now.

OOPS. Contract number(s) is 4 digits, starts with 1. Member number is 12 digits, starts with 2. Member since Feb 1992.

mac_tlc

This could be misleading though. 1 person could have more than one membership number. So the number of actual members (the physical person) is obviously lower than the number of memberships.

Last edited:

This could be misleading though. I person could have more than one membership number. So the number of actual members (the physical person) is obviously lower than the number of memberships.
That would be interesting to see.
I know I have 2 membership numbers!

What is meant by the word member. We have 3 members on our contracts. So does member mean membership number or people on the membership? I think it is well above 250,000 if you include everyone on the contract.

What is meant by the word member. We have 3 members on our contracts. So does member mean membership number or people on the membership? I think it is well above 250,000 if you include everyone on the contract.

That 250,000 was presented by DVC as the the approximate total of "member families" and thus counted memberships with more than one member, such as husband and wife, as only 1. Since the majority of ownerships involve more than one member, e.g., such as husband and wife, the actual number of members would be much higher than that 250,000.

But also note there would be some decrease in the total since members who have two or more different use years, and thus two or more separate memberships, would be counted more than once in reaching that total. Potentially, the number also double-counts members who own more than one DVC resort, even if in the same membership/use year, since, in the past, totals that DVC has presented have usually been determined by adding up the total memberships attached to each particular resort.

You can actually do the total number of memberships per resort using figures provided in the Multisite POS. The problem is finding one that is late enough to give you more recent figures. For example, I have the one issued for Riviera when Riviera first went on sale in 2019 and the figures for total memberships per resort are given only through April 2018:

OKW 27,670
BWV 19,084
VB. 5,424
HHI. 5,029
BRV 7,683
BCV 10,707
SSR. 48,883
BLT 19,295
AUL 21,475
AKV 27,660
VGF 9,624
POL. 20,262
VGC 3,455
CCV 5,173 (when CCV was still early in its sales process)
Riviera 0 (no points had been sold yet)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter