Number of People Walking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney could have easily booked that with their 2% ownership stake.
It’s true. The concern people are expressing is it’s occuring before 8 am eastern if that is what they are doing. Thus giving them an advantage that is not allowed in the POS

Someone in one of the DVC FB groups said MS told her that the AKV value rooms were pulled in dec and Jan for maintenance

I want to believe this is the case because it makes sense and seems to be the least nefarious

Makes sense really. Those value rooms are surrounded by non-DVC rooms so if they are doing extensive rehab it might be easier to pull them than to deal with complaints.

I'd want to know the exact refurb. The rooms at AKV were ALL refurbed starting in Jan of 2016 and DVC would not be refurbishing them again so soon. What did they do with the hotel rooms across the halls at that time? Are they really that incapable of coordinating? They also managed to refurbish ALL of VWL in a month a few years ago. The CM's seem to just be stating what seems to make the most sense - refurb or IT - without really knowing what it is.

I'd want to know the exact refurb. The rooms at AKV were ALL refurbed starting in Jan of 2016 and DVC would not be refurbishing them again so soon. What did they do with the hotel rooms at that time? Are they really that incapable of coordinating? They also managed to refurbish ALL of VWL in a month a few years ago. The CM's seem to just be stating what seems to make the most sense - refurb or IT - without really knowing what it is.
They told me the actual hotel rooms was scheduled not the DVC rooms.

I was reading this as you showing them available 2 weeks after the window opened.

That was taken back at the time (11 months out) just to show that the rooms were being added to cash when we were being told they were out of service. To see that availability is being taken ahead of 11 months just look after midnight and before 8am. 8 days out is already missing which members can't book.

Ok - just looked at from what I found the Jambo house room refurb is scheduled to start in August and only last thru "Fall 2019". So probably not the explanation either.

Ok - just looked at from what I found the Jambo house room refurb is scheduled to start in August and only last thru "Fall 2019". So probably not the explanation either.
True though technically fall is until 12/22 and Disney liberally uses all them available. But I agree seems odd. The whole thing.

Wouldn't that also pull out the other categories from Jambo though if that were the case? Why just the Value rooms?

It was available on the Disney site. 1 bedrooms were also available. I believe it was taken on Jan 16.
I hate to say this, but it is the most appropriate thread to state it in... it looks like Disney is in fact beating the walkers at their own game by claiming the rooms for cash customers before members can get to them. i suspect what we had seen with August's situation was them testing their system before December rolled around to make sure they could do it. They then released the rooms. Disney is NOT refurbishing these rooms (or hallway) on a prime week, that's a load of you know what.

It makes my blood boil when companies don't play by their own rules.

Wouldn't that also pull out the other categories from Jambo though if that were the case? Why just the Value rooms?
Biggest profit. Disney's points will go further.

True though technically fall is until 12/22 and Disney liberally uses all them available. But I agree seems odd. The whole thing.

Consider - all rooms at Jambo being refurbed from August thru Dec 20th at the latest. And I bet it's planned to end earlier than that - like by Thanksgiving. Still, those 2 hallways are scheduled for at least 1/4 of that time?

FWIW - the hotel rooms that would be in that section are bookable during December.

It was available on the Disney site. 1 bedrooms were also available. I believe it was taken on Jan 16.

Yes, somebody (you?) took that screenshot after I found the rooms bookable on the website. I had looked at almost all the dates beginning with Dec 3rd and they were showing under CRO - both Value studios and Value 1BR's.

Consider - all rooms at Jambo being refurbed from August thru Dec 20th at the latest. And I bet it's planned to end earlier than that - like by Thanksgiving. Still, those 2 hallways are scheduled for at least 1/4 of that time?

FWIW - the hotel rooms that would be in that section are bookable during December.
I’m in agreement. That’s why I send a new screenshot each morning (before 8 am) showing the 7th night not available.

This also happened to club level studios for early-mid December bookings, although they eventually showed up and has not been nearly as widespread as the value room issues, and there is absolutely no reason that a refurb of regular Jambo hotel rooms/hallways would ever impact those rooms on the 6th floor. Something is going on but I am not sure what. I wish I had checked to see if those CL studios were available for cash when they were not available for members to book but I didn't check.

I totally agree it's wrong of them to take the rooms before 8AM eastern, but even if they waited the outcome would likely be the same. If they want the rooms they can set up the system to book at 8:00:00, seconds or milliseconds before human members are able to click book.

It is frustrating that they are willing to entirely block members out of a booking category :rolleyes2

I posted a thread over on the "Purchasing DVC" forum HERE to see what shakes out from owners more knowledgeable than I am about the POS, Disney's rights and obligations to owners.

I'm at the point that I either have to drop this chase for my own sanity, or we need a bigger team looking into it. I'm an adult and can accept the answer to what is going on provided it falls under the reservation rules laid out that we agreed to, but I'm very upset that Disney is jerking us around giving us different answers, no answers and then we see missing days pop up for cash sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter