number of rooms for dvc use

the who #3

DIS Veteran
there may already be a thread for this subject....
i just spent 6 nights at vwl (which i loved) my original res. was for 5 nights, but along the way we decided to add 2 nights on the front of the trip but i was not able to get those nights at vwl because they were full. then i wanted 1 night on the end of the trip. vwl was also full then. i reserved at a diff. dvc. while calling each day to see if there was a cancellation which there never was. on the morning i was checking out of vwl i asked the lady at the front desk to see if she could transferr my res. there for my last night and she did with not problems.

the vwl building had been almost totally empty the entire week but member services had it listed as full. does disney keep a certain number of those nights open for regular resort customers?

DVC inventory is different from CRO inventory. All the points (rooms) that members trade in to stay at other places (non-DVC) or to go on the cruise, are sold for cash to non-member through CRO. That may have been what you got.

on the morning i was checking out of vwl i asked the lady at the front desk to see if she could transferr my res. there for my last night and she did with not problems.

I am curious how that worked? You had a reservation for another DVC for your last day, but managed to have it xfered to Vero? I thought if you canceled a ressie within 30 days it goes to holding? Ah, wait, I see how that worked. They canceled your ressie at the other DVC resort, which moved your points to the hold account, then used those points to make your new reservation? Does that sound correct?:confused3

I am curious how that worked? You had a reservation for another DVC for your last day, but managed to have it xfered to Vero? I thought if you canceled a ressie within 30 days it goes to holding? Ah, wait, I see how that worked. They canceled your ressie at the other DVC resort, which moved your points to the hold account, then used those points to make your new reservation? Does that sound correct?:confused3
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter