• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nursery ?'s

ElizabethH

Earning My Ears
We are at 74 days out and I am confused about the nursery. LOL Do you have to book it ahead of time?? I don't really know at this point when we will use it. Those of you who have used the nursery when do you typically use it? Thanks.

Elizabeth

We booked nursery time around our Couples Choice massage and our Palo dinner when we went on the Dream in Nov. We are going on a Wonder MR in a few weeks and we booked time again for the Couples Choice and Palo, but this time we also added a few hours on a sea day to check out the adult pool area and a few hours after dinner one night to check out the adult clubs.

In my opinion, I would book the hours they give you online so you have them. If you decide not to use them, you can always cancel while on board. We had nursery time booked for an hour the first night and we all were too tired so we cancelled and they were great about it.

You can book a limited number of hours before boarding and then add more hours on the second day if space is available. THey try to allow for parents who call and say "Can I bring her now?" but no promises on that!

Think about what you want to do that can't have a kid--Palo? Spa? hanging out at adult pool? Those are the times you book. Do you want her at dinner and show or would you rather do those alone?

That's how you figure when you need time.

My kids will be 17 months and 34 months when we cruise. We are thinking of booking the nursery 2 nights for dinner/show/clubs, maybe for Palo if we can get it and one afternoon at some point. Our thought is dinners with toddlers are not exactly relaxing and we might want a break after eating "out" for 7 days! Are there nights that are less conducive to preschoolers and toddlers that would be better for us to aim for? I guess it would be hard to know without knowing dining rotation, huh? This is for Alaska.

A lot of that will depend on your kids and what you want to do.

Our DD was 10 months on our cruise. We booked for our Palo Brunch. And we booked her for Pirate Night as I didn't think she would enjoy the fireworks and would be happier asleep at the nursery. We had booked a couple other times in the evenings but cancelled because it was just easier to keep her with us and she was happy.

For our upcoming cruise this summer my DD will be 2-1/4. She will be much less likely to want to sit at dinner for any extended period of time so I plan to book nursery time for a couple hours in the evenings starting about an hour or so after dinner starts. This should give her plenty of time to eat and then I can bring her down to the nursery, check her in and get her settled and then enjoy my dinner and a show or something. I may let her do Pirate Night this time. I haven't fully decided.

When we sailed with DD as a toddler we always booked her into Flouder's for naptime. She got her necessary sleep and we weren't forced to stay in our room with her. If you've booked a verandah room that's not a issue, but you always run the risk of being next to a smoker.

We book nursery hours a little bit each day. Certainly when at Palo. we also started putting our youngest in nursery about 45 minutes into dinner-same time older one left with youth counselors for dine and play. She would be there for about an hour and then we would pick her up. Let us have dinner as a family, and still let DH and I have adult dinner time. On our first cruise, we figured out on the last night that bringing a portable DVD player to dinner solved our toddler dinner issues too.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter