Nutrition facts for Disney TS meals

deez1966

Mouseketeer
I have been looking everywhere for nutrition facts, total carbs in particular, for our trip this December. My DD11 was diagnosed as a Type 1 diabetic a week ago, and as we are trying to learn to manage it, I tried to look up nutrition facts, so we would know how to dose her insulin while we are there. I was totally shocked when I couldn’t find the information anywhere! With all of the great work Disney does with food allergies and preferences, I was really surprised that I couldn’t find anything to help us.

Are there resources out there that anyone can point me to? Can the chef or server help us while we are there? Any other advice anyone can give us? I know we are new to this and will likely be more comfortable with guesstimating by December, but right now it is concerning me. TIA!

They do not post nutritional information/carb counts. My son is also T1D. I understand how overwhelming it can be with a new diagnosis and trying to figure out carb counts. Calorie King is a really great resource to get an estimate of counts for similar foods. Just do your best to eyeball portion sizes and guesstimate the best you can using carb values for those similar items.

We’ve been dealing with T1D for 6 years now and have 4 Disney trips under our belts in that time. All of the walking/excitement can wreak havoc on BGs even if you do have the nutritional information. It is a good idea to keep treatment carbs on you at all times in case a low hits unexpectedly.

If your daughter won’t be wearing a CGM you might want to check BGs more often than usual to be sure she’s doing ok or needs action taken.

Oh! And bring more supplies on your trip than you think you will need, especially test strips and pump supplies if she will be on an insulin pump by then. I’ve learned the hard way that when traveling it is better to have more than you need with you just in case than it is to bring just enough and be stuck without more when you need it.

Enjoy your trip and hang in there with the diagnosis. It gets easier with time.

I don't know of any nutrition facts that Disney produces either. I've found carb counts for some of the Disney snacks by doing a google search but I don't know how accurate they are. Try the disABILITIES! board on this forum, perhaps they know of a direction they can point you in.

The best bits of advice that I wish someone had given me before my first trip: 1. pack diabetic supplies and then double the amount 2. Excitement, adrenaline, and all that extra walking can do a number on your numbers. Check sugar frequently! 3. Hydrate! 4. Have that Mickey ice cream bar or other awesome sugary snack but maybe everyone takes a bite it so no one feels deprived and sugars don't run wild.

Best of luck. A new diagnosis can be a scary thing at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Have a healthy and happy trip!

I should have added that Calorie King has an app for your phone or you can also get it as a small book. I still have trouble finding what I want on the app and prefer the book. If you carry a backpack you can easily tote the book around in the bag or if you prefer to travel lighter the app lets you get by with a little less stuff to lug around.

Thanks everyone! You are all helping to alleviate my fears. They tell us it will probably be a year before a pump, but the pens are pretty easy to use. I am sure we will be ok, I just really want to make this fun and as easy as possible for dd.

Thanks everyone! You are all helping to alleviate my fears. They tell us it will probably be a year before a pump, but the pens are pretty easy to use. I am sure we will be ok, I just really want to make this fun and as easy as possible for dd.
How was your trip? My DD21 just recently got diagnosed with T1D and I'm worried about this as well. We're going in May for a couple of weeks. I'm worried about the heat and walking. Did her scores usually run low or high? TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter