NY to WDW Best route?

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Any advice on the best route to WDW from upstate ny (Newburgh intersection of NYS Thruway and Rt. 84)

I've looked at routes from all the online mappers, they all have different routes...

Did you stay overnight at the halfway point? if so where?

Any input would be appreciated.

basically you take 95 all the way down.

More specifically you could take 84 south to the palisades parkway to 95 south (NJ Turnpike). Stay on the turnpike all the way until the Delaware Memorial Bridge (THeres a missing peice of 95 in the middle of NJ so the signs for 95 might tell you to exit near trenton- just stay on the turnpike for the most direct route). Once in Deleware you bump right into 95 again. Stay on 95 till you hit florida (again for simpliest direct route)

Some folks have differnet ideas about going around NYC-GWB, , The deleware memorial bridge, Baltimore, Washington, etc. If your traveling outside of congested periods theres no need. What day of the week and what time are you thinking of leaving so folks can give you more specifics about those places?

I would recommend staying in Florence, SC at I-95 Exit 164, it is a goldmine for inexpensive motels, and lots of places to eat!

Baltimore MD: Use I-895

Washington DC: Use I-495

Richmond VA: Use I-295

Jacksonville FL: Use I-295

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter