NY Travel Advisory starting 11/4. NJ & CT have separate lists now

Thank you all for the replies...so it looks like I don’t have to fill out a form and quarantine since I’m coming on a train from Boston and I haven’t been in any of the affected states. Still hoping Missouri doesn’t get put on their list before Friday so I don’t have to worry about it at all

Have a great time!

FYI: NY is a mandatory face mask state.

3ZUZotBY_x96.jpg

Wow! So thorough. That is amazing. I will be driving through the tri-state area in a few weeks, but hopefully only have to stop for rest room breaks for me and the dog.

This is really making it difficult for colleges. Colleges are now trying to find places for kids to self quarantine for the 14 days. They are trying to figure out who should pay for the hotel room. This is a nightmare for most of the colleges in NY.

The Governors hope people will report violators. That if someone attends a business meeting when they should be quarantining instead, the coworker can send off an email or call to report them. When people from one of the impacted states checks into a hotel and they are seen not quarantining, they get reported too, etc.

The NY Tracers are going to be randomly calling people who have to Face Time or immediately text a photo from their location. If they are at a hotel, they will get a call on the hotel phone and they'd better pick up.

In NY, if a person violates the quarantine, they may be subject to a judicial order and mandatory quarantine.
They may have to pay the costs of quarantine.
$2000 for first violation.
$5000 for second violation.
Up to $10,000 if they cause harm. :scared:

Those fines are on top of the $2000 if someone does not fill in and submit the form.

NYS is encouraging people to report quarantine violators:
To file a report of an individual failing to adhere to the quarantine pursuant to the travel advisory click here or call 1-833-789-0470."

CT says to call 211.

3 People recently returned back to NY after a trip to Atlanta, GA. This weekend they found they tested as COVID positive. They talked to the Contact Tracers.

We were really fortunate in that billionaire, (and former Mayor of NYC,) Michael Bloomberg, donated the funding and created the Contact Tracing software program NYS uses. (Every state has had to come up with their own Contact Tracing, if they have one. As there is no nationwide Pandemic Response Dept to create one for the U.S. :( ) Bloomberg's team then spent 2 weeks training all the contract tracers. Every region had to have a specific number of contact tracers ready, according to population of each region, even before any region started Phase 1.

So the Contact Tracers were able to tamp down and make sure the 3 back from GA didn't infect anyone else. (We've had about 6 major stories where the Contact Tracers successfully tamped down fires around the state.)

The upside from the Atlanta infection is that the NY Gov. was on Skype/ZOOM with Mayor Keisha Bottoms of Atlanta on Monday. He asked her if she needed any assistance as COVID is out of control in Atlanta, and offered her NY's testing and Contact Tracing program.

Mayor Bottoms eagerly accepted the offer to get the ability to do quicker COVID testing than they currently have, along with our Contact Tracing program. Our Gov. is sending a team to get that software program up & running with her people, to train the contact tracers, and get faster testing in place. :thumbsup2

(NY Gov had also previously offered our Contact Tracing program and a team to install & train the tracers to all states. I don't know who else has accepted. )

Anyway, Monday the Gov. issued this new form to be filled out by incoming travelers. The Contact Tracers spent a lot of time having to trace back all the steps from the people returning from GA and who they had contact with from when they got off the airplane. He wants the tracers to have that info ahead of time, than tracking the people down after they test positive and finding then that they traveled to/from an impacted state.
Your governor is fighting for the health and well-being of his state. He has done an amazing job throughout all this. He's not going to let people from other, less cautious states come in and ruin it.

And I will also say, having had the opportunity to leave my city for the suburbs where my parents live was really a huge boost for me, and something I feel very lucky to be able to do. I think everyone should be able to do this if they can, so hopefully more states get it together so that doing so is not so difficult for those who don't live quite as close to their families.

I live in NY. I go to vacation in one of the states that is on the list and I am in that state for a week. When I get back to NY I have to quarantine for 14 days - is that correct?

I live in NY. I go to vacation in one of the states that is on the list and I am in that state for a week. When I get back to NY I have to quarantine for 14 days - is that correct?
IF you are flying back to a NY airport, 14 day quarantine. It is my understanding that this applies to driving into NY as well. $2,000 civil penalty imposed by Gov Cuomo if found to break quarantine

Yes, you will need to quarantine when you get back.

3 People recently returned back to NY after a trip to Atlanta, GA. This weekend they found they tested as COVID positive. They had to talk to the Contact Tracers.

So the Contact Tracers were able to tamp down and make sure the 3 back from GA didn't infect anyone else. (We've had about 6 major stories where the Contact Tracers successfully tamped down fires around the state.)

The upside from the Atlanta infection is that the NY Gov. was on Skype/Zoom with Mayor Keisha Bottoms of Atlanta on Monday. He asked her if she needed any assistance as COVID is out of control in Atlanta, and offered her NY's testing and Contact Tracing program.

Mayor Bottoms eagerly accepted the offer to get the ability to do quicker COVID testing than they currently have, along with our Contact Tracing program. Our Gov. is sending a team to get that software program up & running with her people, to train the contact tracers, and get faster testing in place. :thumbsup2

Mini update on NY sending Atlanta our Contact Tracing program along with a team to train the contact tracers:

At the request of Mayor Keisha Bottoms, NY will also send 7,500 test kits, 30,000 pieces of PPE and 1,250 gallons of hand sanitizer to Atlanta by Friday. :thumbsup2

We live in NJ but if we fly out of PA do we need to quarantine for the 14 days in FL? I can't find a definate answer on this.

Your governor is fighting for the health and well-being of his state. He has done an amazing job throughout all this. He's not going to let people from other, less cautious states come in and ruin it.

by far New York has been the worst state. They have gotten their act together lately.But they were very careless in the beginning. You learn from your mistakes. My state New Jersey is right behind New York . We have failing in corona virus cases from number 2 to number 5 but going by population we are still probably the second worst state for corona. Our deaths are extremely high.
hopefully all states can get their act together and keep it together. No need to point blame we see the numbers on how bad some states have been. New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Texas, and so on. ,

I agree. When you check into the hotel and they ask for ID, it will say NJ. You'd have to prove you stayed in PA for 14 days. Not that you just traveled from there.

I get that I do but how can you prove where you quarantined if you did it at a friends or relatives home or even a second home you perhaps own? I think there is too many loopholes that are not addressed. Also if you have to show proof of quarantine shouldn't it be stated somewhere (on a website or in a reservation confirmation etc)? Or the very least the hotel contact you ahead of time to let you know what is needed?

I get that I do but how can you prove where you quarantined if you did it at a friends or relatives home or even a second home you perhaps own? I think there is too many loopholes that are not addressed. Also if you have to show proof of quarantine shouldn't it be stated somewhere (on a website or in a reservation confirmation etc)? Or the very least the hotel contact you ahead of time to let you know what is needed?

You could prove you were in the state for 14 days with proof of a flight, tolls, credit card charges...

You could prove you were in the state for 14 days with proof of a flight, tolls, credit card charges...

Yes, if you are not having to quarantine, just buy a candy bar or something, a couple times, with your credit/debit card. Save the receipts showing it's your card, with the dates within the 14 days during when you need to prove you were in that state. If you are quarantining, buy pizza or Chinese food deliveries, receipts also dated within that time frame.

All 3 states, NY/NJ/CT have told hotels, travel agents & travel websites that they need to warn travelers coming in that they will need to quarantine upon arriving. I have no idea what FL is doing about that.

This is how it went down for 2 of my friends in NJ-

1) He went down to FL for week with wife & 3 kids to visit her sister. While he was there, NJ activated the FL quarantine. When he got home his job made him stay home for 2 weeks. Which wasn't so good because he's already had his hours cut due to the situation.

2) She is a nurse, had a trip booked to Delaware with her husband and 2 kids this week. There's no way she couldn't let her boss know she was leaving the state. She will be taking 2 weeks off of work when she returns. Her trip was mostly non-refundable.

For many people it isn't easy to get around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter