NY Travel Advisory starting 11/4. NJ & CT have separate lists now

This is how it went down for 2 of my friends in NJ-

1) He went down to FL for week with wife & 3 kids to visit her sister. While he was there, NJ activated the FL quarantine. When he got home his job made him stay home for 2 weeks. Which wasn't so good because he's already had his hours cut due to the situation.

2) She is a nurse, had a trip booked to Delaware with her husband and 2 kids this week. There's no way she couldn't let her boss know she was leaving the state. She will be taking 2 weeks off of work when she returns. Her trip was mostly non-refundable.

For many people it isn't easy to get around.

:headache:

Delaware got taken off the list on Monday. The nurse can tell her boss that. The DE Gov. complained that the criteria wasn't fair to her state. It's so small that 10% of the total population being COVID-19 positive is a lot of people there, in comparison to other states. DE is one of the 7 states that are part of the NE Coalition and many people travel back & forth between DE, NJ & NY all the time. So the Govs. all agreed to take DE off.

:headache:

Delaware got taken off the list on Monday. The nurse can tell her boss that. The DE Gov. complained that the criteria wasn't fair to her state. It's so small that 10% of the total population being COVID-19 positive is a lot of people there, in comparison to other states. DE is one of the 7 states that are part of the NE Coalition and many people travel back & forth between DE, NJ & NY all the time. So the Govs. all agreed to take DE off.
Oh that's great! It my son's BF Mom and I felt so bad for them. That should take the dark cloud away from hanging over their trip. They're at the beach and trying to stay away from everybody either way. She's trying hard not to bring anything back to her parents.

This is how it went down for 2 of my friends in NJ-

1) He went down to FL for week with wife & 3 kids to visit her sister. While he was there, NJ activated the FL quarantine. When he got home his job made him stay home for 2 weeks. Which wasn't so good because he's already had his hours cut due to the situation.

2) She is a nurse, had a trip booked to Delaware with her husband and 2 kids this week. There's no way she couldn't let her boss know she was leaving the state. She will be taking 2 weeks off of work when she returns. Her trip was mostly non-refundable.

For many people it isn't easy to get around.

Delaware was taken off the list.

by far New York has been the worst state. They have gotten their act together lately.But they were very careless in the beginning. You learn from your mistakes. My state New Jersey is right behind New York . We have failing in corona virus cases from number 2 to number 5 but going by population we are still probably the second worst state for corona. Our deaths are extremely high.
hopefully all states can get their act together and keep it together. No need to point blame we see the numbers on how bad some states have been. New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Texas, and so on. ,
One thing to consider when you make these statements, you are throwing the whole state of NY in when actually it was only NYC area that was bad. I live in WNY, we were never as bad as NYC. it Ticks me off til no end that the whole states get lumped l in because of NYC . (in the news, in the tristate travel restriction, etc. )

We're here in Wisconsin for a few days' vacation. It's like a different planet here. In Chicago, everybody looks like a bank robber, most people have masks. A few Darwinites don't wear masks, but most do. Here in Wisconsin, almost no one wears masks. I can't wait to get back home. I feel like I living in a nightmare now. I was watching the news at the resort and they were having a Wisconsin health department news conference, like Governor Cuomo has. They were saying how bad the surge is now.
Went for the day to Wisconsin a few weeks ago.The Mars Cheese Castle was terrific as far as masks and distancing-had to have a mask to enter.We then went to The BratStop for lunch,and NO ONE was wearing a mask-not even the counter help or servers.High tailed it out of there.Crazy.

One thing to consider when you make these statements, you are throwing the whole state of NY in when actually it was only NYC area that was bad. I live in WNY, we were never as bad as NYC. it Ticks me off til no end that the whole states get lumped l in because of NYC . (in the news, in the tristate travel restriction, etc. )

well I live in south jersey which has been good. But New Jersey has been really bad because of north jersey. Just like in New York many places are good but NYC made the whole state bad.

Last edited:

Another thing to consider is that NYC has an extremely dense population, but once we DID realize how awful it was and what we could do to flatten the curve, we DID flatten it. We basically had to learn FOR everyone else. I went out for errands this morning in my busy Queens neighborhood and I'd say about 80% of people were wearing masks outside as they walked. We are STILL taking it seriously, months later, when some states have opted not to take it seriously even until now. We basically begged that other states look at us and not allow it to happen to them, but they refused. It's a real bummer.

The areas that were first and worst follow a long human history of why. Look at past plagues and pandemics.

Some of the credit for the rebound needs to go to the shock value. And less enthusiasm to stand in the way from people who did not have a better strategy themselves. Many people disagreed with the steps taken but still followed along.

by far New York has been the worst state. They have gotten their act together lately.But they were very careless in the beginning. You learn from your mistakes. My state New Jersey is right behind New York . We have failing in corona virus cases from number 2 to number 5 but going by population we are still probably the second worst state for corona. Our deaths are extremely high.
hopefully all states can get their act together and keep it together. No need to point blame we see the numbers on how bad some states have been. New York, New Jersey, Florida, California, Texas, and so on. ,

NY actually wasn't careless. We were following the guidelines that the CDC had set in the beginning, and they made critical mistakes, that because NY was following them, (our elected officials aren't medical people, and our state & city Dept of Health were using the guidelines of the CDC, NIH and W.H.O. as the Pandemic Response Team was disbanded a couple years earlier,) ended up making the early disastrous mistakes we ended up with.

I DO have FACTS from legitimate, neutral sources to verify this. I was hunting down a piece of info, the other night, to corroborate when I said on another thread, that the CDC INSISTED they do all the COVID tests and that they be the ONLY one to do ALL the tests, nationwide, only did 8 tests the whole day, not 8 tests per state or 8 tests per batch. 8 Tests the whole day, even though NYC, by then had a few hundred suspected cases, who were told to quarantine.

It turns out, I've been down a rabbit hole these past 2 days, with the amount of info of critical mistakes the CDC and NIH made during those first few critical weeks. :badpc: I will be posting the timeline of FACTS when I get them sorted out.

Note: I am NOT bashing the CDC, NIH, W.H.O. of today. I do not want to be confused with entities and groups who are discrediting them in the past few days. Much of the evidence they are using are from those first several weeks. Thes CDC, NIH, W.H.O. of today have grown, changed procedures and are processing the science they receive better. Due to the nature of this virus, we are always behind it, as it takes a couple weeks to see results and to adjust according to the new data.

NY actually wasn't careless. We were following the guidelines that the CDC had set in the beginning, and they made critical mistakes, that because NY was following them, (our elected officials aren't medical people, and our state & city Dept of Health were using the guidelines of the CDC, NIH and W.H.O. as the Pandemic Response Team was disbanded a couple years earlier,) ended up making the early disastrous mistakes we ended up with.

I DO have FACTS from legitimate, neutral sources to verify this. I was hunting down a piece of info, the other night, to corroborate when I said on another thread, that the CDC INSISTED they do all the COVID tests and that they be the ONLY one to do ALL the tests, nationwide, only did 8 tests the whole day, not 8 tests per state or 8 tests per batch. 8 Tests the whole day, even though NYC, by then had a few hundred suspected cases, who were told to quarantine.

It turns out, I've been down a rabbit hole these past 2 days, with the amount of info of critical mistakes the CDC and NIH made during those first few critical weeks. :badpc: I will be posting the timeline of FACTS when I get them sorted out.

Note: I am NOT bashing the CDC, NIH, W.H.O. of today. I do not want to be confused with entities and groups who are discrediting them in the past few days. Much of the evidence they are using are from those first several weeks. Thes CDC, NIH, W.H.O. of today have grown, changed procedures and are processing the science they receive better. Due to the nature of this virus, we are always behind it, as it takes a couple weeks to see results and to adjust according to the new data.

sorry New York was very careless. Putting covid patients in nursing homes was very careless. Should of been common sense that it was a bad move. I’m sure they won’t do that again. My state New Jersey did the same thing.

well I live in south jersey which has been good. But New Jersey has been really bad because of north jersey. Just like in New York many places are good but NYC made the whole state bad.

Actually, that's inaccurate. NJ had to remain shut down due to 2 counties in South Jersey that continued to have a high infection rate, long after North Jersey had got their numbers well down. In NYC, we get the press briefings by the NJ & CT governors, too. During the height of it, for several weeks, all that aired on all local stations were 4 news briefings every day: NY Gov., then NJ Gov., then CT Gov., also the NYC Mayor. And the local news covered it, as well as world news as we became the epicenter. Even if one wanted to go into denial about it, it wouldn't be by watching TV here. :headache:

I remember feeling so bad for Gov. Murphy. :( He wanted so much to tell NJ that they'd possibly be reopening in time for Memorial Day weekend, especially the Jersey Shore. Instead, about 2 1/2 weeks before Memorial Day, he had the excrutiating task of telling the state that he was keeping NJ on indefinite lockdown until the cases went down in So. Jersey.

NJCases1.png

South Jersey rallied together, got their numbers down and New Jersey was able to reopen for Memorial Day. :beach:

Last edited:
sorry New York was very careless. Putting covid patients in nursing homes was very careless. Should of been common sense that it was a bad move. I’m sure they won’t do that again. My state New Jersey did the same thing.

Ah, yes, that one. Turns out that is inaccurate too.

So as to NOT derail THIS thread and keep it on track as a travel advisory, go to THIS THREAD and read my posts on it there, and respond THERE. If you continue to make posts like this here, then we know you have no interest in keeping to what this thread is intended for, which is stated in the OP. I will no longer respond to you here about this.

Move back to nursing homes DIDN'T cause other nursing home deaths:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/coming-from-ny-this-is-horrible.3807187/page-12#post-62129815

Map of total number of nursing home deaths throughout the U.S.:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/coming-from-ny-this-is-horrible.3807187/page-12#post-62129796

Yes, I've lived in parts of central & downstate NY before coming to NYC. I still have relatives & family throughout NYS. They HATE being lumped in with NYC. NYC does NOT represent the rest of NY state in so many ways. Most would not step foot here, if given a choice. :crazy2: :teeth:

We're here in Wisconsin for a few days' vacation. It's like a different planet here. In Chicago, everybody looks like a bank robber, most people have masks. A few Darwinites don't wear masks, but most do. Here in Wisconsin, almost no one wears masks. I can't wait to get back home. I feel like I living in a nightmare now. I was watching the news at the resort and they were having a Wisconsin health department news conference, like Governor Cuomo has. They were saying how bad the surge is now.
Back home now. Will be an interesting 14 days or so ahead for us now. Glad we are back in Illinois, and sanity.

Mini UPDATE for NJ as of 7/18/20:

NJ is requiring a form to fill out when entering NJ.
Travelers can access the survey by texting “NJ Travel” to 898211, visiting covid19.nj.gov/njtravel, or scanning a QR code on posters at airports.

Airlines will announce both the quarantine advisory and information about the survey before travelers depart for NJ and while they’re on their flight, said the NJ Health Commissioner.

NJ is not imposing fines like NY, but according to the NJ Gov. do NOT piss NJ off. They WILL go after you. :scared:

"Gov. Phil Murphy has said New Jersey won’t institute a fine, though he said the NJ Health Commissioner has the power to “go after” and “sanction” people who do not comply with the quarantine. He has not clarified what that means. :scared: :scared: :scared:

“Something will happen to you,” Murphy said during a radio interview Wednesday. “If you’re a real knucklehead and you come in and you flagrantly violate this, the commissioner of health in New Jersey has the teeth to go after you. And she won’t hesitate to do that.” :duck: :scared:

“We’re just asking folks :rolleyes1 to do the right thing here,” he added."​

BackingOutOfRoom.gif
If you've ever seen The Sopranos, :scared: you want to fill out the form before someone from NJ comes and "asks" you to fill it out. :duck:

Notice how NY has to threaten people with fines. NJ just expects that one will comply. :scared: :rolleyes1

FREE COVID-19 Testing is available to everyone in NJ and is strongly encouraged for those who traveled to areas heavily impacted by COVID-19. To find a testing site near you, visit covid19.nj.gov/testing

(This update will be in the NJ Travel Advisory post just below the first post of this thread, so you do not have to hunt for the info later.)

Last edited:
The NY/NJ/CT travel advisory has now been expanded to 31 states.

If you're traveling to NY/NJ/CT from the following states you must self-quarantine for 14 days.

The states are:
  • Alaska
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Iowa
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Missouri
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • Nevada
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin
There was nothing personal in choosing the states. The criteria is that these states have unfortunately a high infection rate of at least: 10 new COVID positive cases per 100,000 people on a 7-day rolling average. OR: at least 10% of the total population is COVID-19 positive on a 7-Day rolling average.

See the first post of this thread and the 3 posts below for further restrictions and specifics of each of the state you want to travel to as they may be different from each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter