NYC cruises

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
Anyone recently sail out of New York? To Canada or Bermuda?

I sail in 10 days, the final sailing disembarking in Puerto Rico.
Just curious how the Dream looks etc.

My cruise, I believe is the only one in a while to not be themed.

Thanks for the in advance of any answers. Happy cruising everyone.🚢🚢😎🌴👍🏻

Love them. Lots of stuff on these boards.
Search for "NYC" or "Bermuda"

Sail-a-way at 4:30~5pm is like a "Dream" as you will go past lower Manhattan (sunset, magic-hour coloring the skyline and river-side buildings) on the Port side. Starboard, you will great great views of Jersey City, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Skip early MDR that evening in my opinion and enjoy the views.

Bermuda may be surprisingly warm (we are going there Nov 7-8th via NCL 😢). And yes, last year, we enjoyed an extra day visiting San Juan after our disembarkation.

I hear the ship will be full, which isn't necessarily bad at all. Enjoy!!

Let me know if you have any specific questions. :thumbsup2

We got off the NYC Canada sailing Oct 21st.

The ship looks great!

Like usual once the stores opened that first night they sold out of the most popular clothing sizes in most things and never restocked. Went after our main dining time and they were picked over already.

Wished they had more movie time variety each day. Wanted to see Indiana Jones dial of destiny but they only showed twice. They showed the other movies multiple times during the sailing.

The food wasn’t great everywhere we ate. We were really disappointed. Wish they bring back Cabanas sit down dinner as an option.

Here was our final jackpot bingo prices if interested.
1698175705683.jpeg

I was on the October 7 sailing to Bermuda. Let me know if you have any questions about Bermuda or the Dream in particular. We had a wonderful time on the Dream! This was my first DCL cruise, 10th cruise overall.

Sail-a-way at 4:30~5pm is like a "Dream" as you will go past lower Manhattan (sunset, magic-hour coloring the skyline and river-side buildings) on the Port side. Starboard, you will great great views of Jersey City, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Skip early MDR that evening in my opinion and enjoy the views.

Bermuda may be surprisingly warm (we are going there Nov 7-8th via NCL 😢). And yes, last year, we enjoyed an extra day visiting San Juan after our disembarkation.

I should have explained that this is my 4th cruise out of NYC. 1 to nowhere, 1 to Canada and 1 to Bermuda, but all on the Magic.

I have not sailed on the Dream since 2014.

Thanks for all the info.

I was on the October 7 sailing to Bermuda. Let me know if you have any questions about Bermuda or the Dream in particular. We had a wonderful time on the Dream! This was my first DCL cruise, 10th cruise overall.

Thanks, as I mentioned above. It’s our 4th cruise out of NYC on DCL, but always on the Magic.

I was wondering how the ship looked etc.
I haven’t been on Dream since 2014 and it’s been dry docked and enhanced since then.

I am hoping weather is good in Bermuda, I want to get back to Horseshoe Bay Beach.🤞🏻😎🌴🚢

Thanks, I have been to Bermuda via DCL out of NYC before.
I just realized my cruise is holiday week. And I believe it’s full.

How did you like San Juan? Did you check Old San Juan?

Praying for good weather. Caribbean looks stormy.

We always have 2nd seating for dinner. We are on Port side this time. 3 previous NYC/ DCL’s we were on Starboard.

Enjoy your upcoming NCL!🚢😎🌴👍🏻IMG_5405.jpegIMG_5359.jpeg

Let me know if you have any specific questions. :thumbsup2

We got off the NYC Canada sailing Oct 21st.

The ship looks great!

Like usual once the stores opened that first night they sold out of the most popular clothing sizes in most things and never restocked. Went after our main dining time and they were picked over already.

Wished they had more movie time variety each day. Wanted to see Indiana Jones dial of destiny but they only showed twice. They showed the other movies multiple times during the sailing.

The food wasn’t great everywhere we ate. We were really disappointed. Wish they bring back Cabanas sit down dinner as an option.

Here was our final jackpot bingo prices if interested.
View attachment 804811
Love Bingo!! Thanks

Oh! Besides Indiana Jones, what are the other movies.

And I agree about Cabanas.

Our cruise is 6 nights. We are celebrating 35th anniversary, so I booked Palo Dinner and Remy 1st time!

🚢😎👍🏻🌴

I’m currently on the Dream. The ship looks great overall except Enchanted Garden where a lot of the overhead lighting panels are broken and the flowers don’t seem to open/close anymore.

The food has really been a mixed bag (not as good as the Wonder last month) and my dinner service hasn’t been great. This is my fourth time on the Dream and my third poor service experience.

For me there isn’t a ton of interesting merch either. It’s been a fairly cheap cruise 🤣

Love Bingo!! Thanks

Oh! Besides Indiana Jones, what are the other movies.

And I agree about Cabanas.

Our cruise is 6 nights. We are celebrating 35th anniversary, so I booked Palo Dinner and Remy 1st time!

🚢😎👍🏻🌴

Movies:

Indiana Jones dial of destiny.
The Little Mermaid
Hocus Pocus 2
Haunted Mansion
Elemental

I’m currently on the Dream. The ship looks great overall except Enchanted Garden where a lot of the overhead lighting panels are broken and the flowers don’t seem to open/close anymore.

The food has really been a mixed bag (not as good as the Wonder last month) and my dinner service hasn’t been great. This is my fourth time on the Dream and my third poor service experience.

For me there isn’t a ton of interesting merch either. It’s been a fairly cheap cruise 🤣
Thanks for that info.

I don’t buy a lot of Merch but I like the exclusive NYC stuff.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Weather in Bermuda??

It’s disappointing to hear you that your dinner service hasn’t been great. Who are your servers? Heading on the Dream Friday and hoping for the best

We were on the September 10th British Isles cruise on the Dream and thought that the ship looked wonderful! We hadn't sailed on it before and I thought it was immaculate. Our servers and room steward were great, actually all the cast members seemed great, no complaints about that, however I agree that the evening meals were lackluster. We really enjoyed breakfast and lunch in Cabanas much more.

We were on the Dream for the October 7th NYC to Bermuda. Ship looks great. Our dinner service was great. I enjoyed all the food I ordered but a few in a group said things were lacking compared to other DCL cruises. This was my 54th DCL and I have always found the food fine.

Bermuda was lovely. We had 3 days there. First day we did Horseshoe Bay Beach (was partly sunny but water was warm). Next day we did the Crystal Cave which was beautiful. We took a taxi there as the ferry times would not work with our cave reservation time. Weather was sunny. Third day we just walked around the port area and then did the Snorkel Park which you can walk to from the ship. It was ok. It is a nightclub at night so there was some broken glass on the beach so you always had to look around but we saw some cool things in the water. One in our group saw a baby shark. We saw a group of squids (below) and many saw tons of fish.

We ate all meals onboard. We wanted to go to the Swizzle Inn after the caves for a meal (it was right across the street) but it was the one day they closed due to a maintenance issue so we never got there. We took local transportation (bus and ferry) on the way back from the Caves. Bus to Hamilton and Ferry to dockyard.

We had a wonderful time as usual.

P1010362.JPG

Thanks, I have been to Bermuda via DCL out of NYC before. . .

How did you like San Juan? Did you check Old San Juan?
Realizing no one answered your question

Yes, we visited by staying an extra 2 days in San Juan at the Sheraton Old San Juan, right next to the very long Pier 3 (NOT where the Magic disembarked but used for RCCL' Monstrosity of the Seas - That was a sight to behold).

El Morro is a must. National Park Service etc. Wife went to the Castillo San Cristobal and she enjoyed. Many restaurant choices and the art scene is vibrant. Not a bar crawler, but that is definitely available.

Realizing no one answered your question

Yes, we visited by staying an extra 2 days in San Juan at the Sheraton Old San Juan, right next to the very long Pier 3 (NOT where the Magic disembarked but used for RCCL' Monstrosity of the Seas - That was a sight to behold).

El Morro is a must. National Park Service etc. Wife went to the Castillo San Cristobal and she enjoyed. Many restaurant choices and the art scene is vibrant. Not a bar crawler, but that is definitely available.
Thank you so much for your response.🤞🏻🙏🏻for descent weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter